Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3519 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25193019341934693509351735183519352035213529356936194019 ... LastLast
Results 52,771 to 52,785 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

I have a feeling that a big trade or two will happen today. Not necessarily involving the Hawks.

You can bet it won't be happening with the Hawks.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You can bet it won't be happening with the Hawks.
    I wouldn't be so sure. A Hjalmarsson trade isn't a huge trade, but it's a big trade in that it opens up cap space for us potentially. I see him getting dealt before the draft along with maybe Frolik.

Here's how I have the top-10 going. It's a little different than some of the mocks I've seen.

1. Edmonton Oilers- Nail Yakupov W
    2. Columbus Blue Jackets- Ryan Murray D
    3. Montreal Canadiens- Alex Galchenyuk C
    4. New York Islanders- Griffin Reinhart D
    5. Toronto Maple Leafs- Filip Forsberg C/W
    6. Anaheim Ducks- Morgan Rielly D
    7. Minnesota Wild- Teuvo Teravainen W
    8. Carolina Hurricanes- Mikhail Grigorenko C/W
    9. Winnipeg Jets- Radek Faksa C
    10. Tampa Bay Lightning- Jacob Trouba D

I see Ceci and Dumba falling to the 13-18 range and Hampus Lindholm potentially climbing into the 11-13 range. Ceci falling is more of a direct result of Lindholm climbing, whereas Dumba falling is because of his size. I see one of Ceci/Dumba/Gaunce/Finn/Pouliot falling to our pick.

Sadly, the way I see this draft going, Dumba falls right into the laps of San Jose, who pick right before us. Every mock draft I've seen has them drafting a defenseman in the first round.

Having said that, I could definitely see Matt Finn falling to our pick and think he'd be a really good pick.

Edit: For the mock top-10, I'm considering swapping Reinhart and Rielly, as I could see the Islanders going for the player that looks to be the best offensive defenseman in this draft, and I don't see the Ducks going for another offensive defenseman but rather get their Pronger type to go with Fowler in the long-term plans.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 06-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.

i keep reading that Bobby Ryan is available. Ducks have alot of cap room and salanne cant play forever. Kane and kruger for ryan would free up some cap space. im not in a hurry to trade kane per se, but for Ryan i would.

than make the hammer for Zack Smith trade with ottawa...sign suter and keep boland.

According to Eklund the Hawks may be in on Semin

I remember a few years ago he said he was more impressed with Kane than Crosby. Maybe he wants to play on the other side of him?

But it is Eklund....
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    According to Eklund the Hawks may be in on Semin

I remember a few years ago he said he was more impressed with Kane than Crosby. Maybe he wants to play on the other side of him?

But it is Eklund....
    I keep hearing rumors like Semin and Radulov...and they make me ill.

Those players have great skill but they are lazy and not what the Blackhawks need. Not always about the player with the most skill, but more about the player that fits the teams needs.

Jaeckel seems to think that the Hawks will be agressive.

Heard from my top source late last night (who corroborated and added to some things I'd heard from other sources over the last 48 hours):

He believes that Stan Bowman's talk about minor tweaks is just that . . . talk. A smokescreen. Multiple quality sources are telling me that the opposite could hold true. That Rocky Wirtz has not only given Bowman the green light to make significant moves to improve the club—but Bowman is expected to do so.

I heard some specifics.

Suter:

The Hawks will in all likelihood be in this. If you see Niklas Hjalmarsson moved before 7/1, the likelihood of Suter being a Hawk goes way up.

Kane:

My source said there is reason to believe that the hawks have had conversations with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan. And with other teams.

Parise:

Yes. Parise.

I don't think the Hawks are trying to pull off the package deal that teams with more cap room might. But Parise has been a topic of discussion by the Hawks. And his acquisition could hinge on a Kane trade. Perhaps like Hjalmarsson, Kane would be dealt for picks and prospects, freeing up significant salary cap room. Or Parise is a Plan 1A, if the club misses on Suter early on 7/1.

Schultz:

Someone told me this morning that a source close to the team had mentioned the young defenseman. Let me say this: it's the first I've heard of it. But the overwhelming sense I got last night was that the Hawks have a long list of possibilities going into the draft, trades and free agency. So, yes, it is quite possible Schultz is on the list.

What is interesting in all this is the sense that there are a variety of ways—infinite really—this could all play out. Do the Hawks trade away significant cap commitment? If they do, what do they do with it.

I know many in Hawk Nation have grown weary of Stan Bowman's "conservative" approach and therefore assume nothing will happen. The problem with that line of logic is that it is based on the assumption that all the power is in Bowman's hands. Which most inside sources say is not the case. And even if it is, there is evidence to suggest that he is literally under orders to make some moves.

The team needs them on the ice. The notion of a perennially Cup contending club is gone. This is, as constructed, at best a first round and out team. At worst it misses the playoffs.

Off the ice, this team and its carefully crafted multi-gazillion dollar brand is suffering—it needs some big, positive moves.

Rocky Wirtz is an incredibly successful businessman, first and foremost. And, as such, he knows when and why there are problems. And it's my understanding the directive to improve the club is coming directly from him.

I might have an update later today. Until then,

JJ

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ppin/128/45085

Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Jaeckel seems to think that the Hawks will be agressive.

Heard from my top source late last night (who corroborated and added to some things I'd heard from other sources over the last 48 hours):

He believes that Stan Bowman's talk about minor tweaks is just that . . . talk. A smokescreen. Multiple quality sources are telling me that the opposite could hold true. That Rocky Wirtz has not only given Bowman the green light to make significant moves to improve the club—but Bowman is expected to do so.

I heard some specifics.

Suter:

The Hawks will in all likelihood be in this. If you see Niklas Hjalmarsson moved before 7/1, the likelihood of Suter being a Hawk goes way up.

Kane:

My source said there is reason to believe that the hawks have had conversations with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan. And with other teams.

Parise:

Yes. Parise.

I don't think the Hawks are trying to pull off the package deal that teams with more cap room might. But Parise has been a topic of discussion by the Hawks. And his acquisition could hinge on a Kane trade. Perhaps like Hjalmarsson, Kane would be dealt for picks and prospects, freeing up significant salary cap room. Or Parise is a Plan 1A, if the club misses on Suter early on 7/1.

Schultz:

Someone told me this morning that a source close to the team had mentioned the young defenseman. Let me say this: it's the first I've heard of it. But the overwhelming sense I got last night was that the Hawks have a long list of possibilities going into the draft, trades and free agency. So, yes, it is quite possible Schultz is on the list.

What is interesting in all this is the sense that there are a variety of ways—infinite really—this could all play out. Do the Hawks trade away significant cap commitment? If they do, what do they do with it.

I know many in Hawk Nation have grown weary of Stan Bowman's "conservative" approach and therefore assume nothing will happen. The problem with that line of logic is that it is based on the assumption that all the power is in Bowman's hands. Which most inside sources say is not the case. And even if it is, there is evidence to suggest that he is literally under orders to make some moves.

The team needs them on the ice. The notion of a perennially Cup contending club is gone. This is, as constructed, at best a first round and out team. At worst it misses the playoffs.

Off the ice, this team and its carefully crafted multi-gazillion dollar brand is suffering—it needs some big, positive moves.

Rocky Wirtz is an incredibly successful businessman, first and foremost. And, as such, he knows when and why there are problems. And it's my understanding the directive to improve the club is coming directly from him.

I might have an update later today. Until then,

JJ

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ppin/128/45085
    Yea, I read this earlier. I personally have been thinking trading Kane for bobby Ryan ever since his Madison episode and I would love it, he'd fit right in next to Toews. I just don't know what to expect with Bowman, I don't want to think big with Ryan and Suter and he signs 2 guys on their last legs like Bruno and O.D. Again.

if we can trade kane frolik and hammer, r we able to sign parise and suter, then trade for ryan?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    if we can trade kane frolik and hammer, r we able to sign parise and suter, then trade for ryan?
    I don't see anyway all of those happen. Suter and Parise figure to get 5-7 and Ryan is at 5.1.

I'm really not sure what to make or what I even want to happen. I'm skeptical that we end up with Parise or Suter. It's going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I don't see anyway all of those happen. Suter and Parise figure to get 5-7 and Ryan is at 5.1.

I'm really not sure what to make or what I even want to happen. I'm skeptical that we end up with Parise or Suter. It's going to be interesting.
    I'll be on hammer trade watch for the next 28 hrs up to and during the draft. The thought of one of those guys on the roster takes me from 6 to midnight

Abide!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Wow.

Abide!

Parise makes little sense. There's already three All-Star wingers in the top 6. One of Saad or Morin should make the opening night roster, perhaps both, and add in Stalberg and you've got three more guys who are capable of slotting there on a given night.

Staal should be Lispy's #1 target this summer, and it's disappointing to find so little in the way of Hawks interest in him. Then again, he's sucked with asset management for the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Bigsley View Post
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Wow.
    ****ing go get him, Lispy!