Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Outcome/What Do the Flyers Need to Continue?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

2 8.70%
  • Flyers Win in 5

9 39.13%
  • Flyers Win in 6

12 52.17%
  • Flyers Win in 7

0 0%
  • Devils win in 4

0 0%
  • Devils win in 5

0 0%
  • Devils win in 6

2 8.70%
  • Devils win in 7

1 4.35%
  • Continue Pouring on the Goals

3 13.04%
  • Continue Those Time Outs, Lavi

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Surge on Power Plays (SH as Well)

5 21.74%
  • Continue the Blocked Shots

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Bryz of Game 6

4 17.39%
  • Continue Getting Healthy

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 2,176 to 2,187 of 2187
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    What has this playoffs done to us guys???...lol

Bryz was not the problem...even if he allowed 1 goal every game the score would be 1-0...we had no jump, no pop, no heart, no nothing (lol)

Time to retool the D to better protect Bryz...when Grossman and Kubina first arrived they were committed to blocking shots and laying the body...thats the type of Dman we need to help Bryz be better...
    It's the defense and a young offense that needs to grow and learn to adjust. When you have the likes of Hartnell, Briere, and Jagr getting shut down, it's going to be hard for the younger guys to bust out.

I truly expect this team to be better next season.

vCash
    The only reason anyone would blame bryz is because they wanted to see him **** up and they were already a hater. If you watched the series with a clear mindset you would know we got outplayed in EVERY facet of the game EXCEPT goaltending.

vCash
    Last edited by allphillyman359; 05-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    The only reason anyone would blame bryz is because they wanted to see him **** up and they were already a hater. If you watched the series with a clear mindset you would know we got outplayed in EVERY facet of the game EXCEPT goaltending.
    thats a great way to put it.

If you dont think the best players in this series were Bryz and Wellwood... then dont like the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

vCash
    Hey guys not here to bait or troll, I haven't been watching Hockey, since the Bruins lost in the first round. But I'm shocked the Devils won. Good luck next year.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Terrible ending to a great season. It can get frustrating going so long without a Cup, but this franchise has really spoiled us with everything but a championship. Very few teams make it to the playoff as often as the Flyers and it shouldn't be overlooked that this team has made it to the second round for three straight years. Not many teams do that, either.

Like others are saying, this team has a very bright future. This year, we got to see the start of our future stars' development and knock our most hated rival out of the playoffs in style. Not bad at all.

P.S. Go Kings.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't think you trade read for Schenn. I don't think that he's going to cost that much. At this stage, he's a rather high risk prospect, and I don't think Homer will overpay for him. I'd like to have him, because he MAY be good someday, but I wouldn't pay Read for him.
    The best assessment of Luke schenn on this board so far. Look guys, his stock has dropped drastically, don't be fooled by the 5th pick in the draft position. I see alot of him up here and he is bad. He has fallen further than Komisarek on their depth chart, and that in itself says somethin. If you think give Carle's giveaways drive us crazy, luke will give us high blood pressure for noth poor positioning and coughing up the puck. Also, he makes close to 4 mil on reputation, not worth it. Hate to say it, he is a bust, Braden is the far better prospect of the two. If they trade for him, names like read and JVR will make Burke walk away from the trade a sly thief in the daylight because he is woth no more than a second rounder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    The best assessment of Luke schenn on this board so far. Look guys, his stock has dropped drastically, don't be fooled by the 5th pick in the draft position. I see alot of him up here and he is bad. He has fallen further than Komisarek on their depth chart, and that in itself says somethin. If you think give Carle's giveaways drive us crazy, luke will give us high blood pressure for noth poor positioning and coughing up the puck. Also, he makes close to 4 mil on reputation, not worth it. Hate to say it, he is a bust, Braden is the far better prospect of the two. If they trade for him, names like read and JVR will make Burke walk away from the trade a sly thief in the daylight because he is woth no more than a second rounder.
    So who do you suggest they go after to fix the d? Guys like Suter and Weber are thrown out there but I don't think either one is realistic. Suter is going to Detroit who has a ton of cap room or staying put most likely the former. Weber will cost an inordinate amount both in terms of prospects/picks and money. Schenn seems like the best option to be honest at an affordable rate. I have seen guys like Phaneuf and Bouwmeester thrown out there too but I think their cap hits are way too high. Jack Johnson maybe? Although I thing Columbus wants to keep him and build around him as their top guy he's been good there. The guy I like besides Schenn is Erik Johnson of the Avs big, strong, young d-man with tons of upside who's an RFA. Wouldn't cost as much as the other free agents.
    Last edited by ryguy553; 05-09-2012 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    After the Avs late season push he's staying put, I would LOVE to get him but I can't c it

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    I don't think that Schenn is necessarily a bust. I think that he still has potential, but I don't think he will reach that potential in Toronto. I think that Philly is a good fit, and that playing with his bro in a good environment (look at what Jagr had to say about playing here) will settle him down. He'd be playing behind guys like Meszaros, Coburn, Timonen and Grossman...maybe Carle too as it sounds like he might be resigned. Playing as the #6 d-man would be a GREAT situation for him to come into, as it will let him play with fairly low pressure and just play his game and develop.

The question in my mind is /will/ he reach that potential? We can't know, and that's the big gamble on price. I'd probably trade up to my first rounder for Schenn, but not a roster player.

What Burke is going to get for Schenn on the other hand remains to be seen. A team more desperate then we are might offer more. A young D-man with potential is hard to hang a value on. Burke's in the position of power here as he gets to choose whichever offer is best.

I'd like to see the kid in a Philly uniform, I just don't want homer to get robbed.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't think that Schenn is necessarily a bust. I think that he still has potential, but I don't think he will reach that potential in Toronto. I think that Philly is a good fit, and that playing with his bro in a good environment (look at what Jagr had to say about playing here) will settle him down. He'd be playing behind guys like Meszaros, Coburn, Timonen and Grossman...maybe Carle too as it sounds like he might be resigned. Playing as the #6 d-man would be a GREAT situation for him to come into, as it will let him play with fairly low pressure and just play his game and develop.

The question in my mind is /will/ he reach that potential? We can't know, and that's the big gamble on price. I'd probably trade up to my first rounder for Schenn, but not a roster player.

What Burke is going to get for Schenn on the other hand remains to be seen. A team more desperate then we are might offer more. A young D-man with potential is hard to hang a value on. Burke's in the position of power here as he gets to choose whichever offer is best.

I'd like to see the kid in a Philly uniform, I just don't want homer to get robbed.
    Will be an interesting off season on the Schenn front.....it really is hard to put a value on him. Opinions on his trade worth are all over the map. Just seems like his "style" would be a good fit for our defense........

Plus let's face it..it's been a long time since a defenseman laid a big hit on someone and the crowd could rain down a "Llllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Will be an interesting off season on the Schenn front.....it really is hard to put a value on him. Opinions on his trade worth are all over the map. Just seems like his "style" would be a good fit for our defense........

Plus let's face it..it's been a long time since a defenseman laid a big hit on someone and the crowd could rain down a "Llllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke "
    yeah i miss the luke richardson days...