Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Outcome/What Do the Flyers Need to Continue?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

2 8.70%
  • Flyers Win in 5

9 39.13%
  • Flyers Win in 6

12 52.17%
  • Flyers Win in 7

0 0%
  • Devils win in 4

0 0%
  • Devils win in 5

0 0%
  • Devils win in 6

2 8.70%
  • Devils win in 7

1 4.35%
  • Continue Pouring on the Goals

3 13.04%
  • Continue Those Time Outs, Lavi

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Surge on Power Plays (SH as Well)

5 21.74%
  • Continue the Blocked Shots

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Bryz of Game 6

4 17.39%
  • Continue Getting Healthy

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2187
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I really like the Schenn idea and think he can be had for a reasonable price tag. I am all for it as long as this isnt our solution. We still need a top pairing guy to eat up minutes. Young guys like Grossmann and Schenn need to play middle of the pack (15-18 minutes) at most. Timonen has to also start taking a smaller role.
    I honestly wouldn't mind Gross, Coburn, Mez, and Schenn being our top 4 guys going forward. Schenn can grow into that top pairing guy.

vCash
    I really like the Schenn idea and think he can be had for a reasonable price tag. I am all for it as long as this isnt our solution. We still need a top pairing guy to eat up minutes. Young guys like Grossmann and Schenn need to play middle of the pack (15-18 minutes) at most. Timonen has to also start taking a smaller role.
    Next season may very well be the last for Timonen here, unless he wants to sign a decent pay decrease

I really think that next season Coburn will be that consistent 25 minute/game guy you speak of. He's one of the most underrated defensemen in the NHL and I think does a great job. Coburn and Grossman will be a top 10 pairing in the league next year, I think.

Next year I ride Gus hard, pair him with Timonen, try to groom him into a top 4 guy for 2013-2014.

Question, If you could trade Matt Read straight up for Luke Schenn, do you do it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Next season may very well be the last for Timonen here, unless he wants to sign a decent pay decrease

I really think that next season Coburn will be that consistent 25 minute/game guy you speak of. He's one of the most underrated defensemen in the NHL and I think does a great job. Coburn and Grossman will be a top 10 pairing in the league next year, I think.

Next year I ride Gus hard, pair him with Timonen, try to groom him into a top 4 guy for 2013-2014.

Question, If you could trade Matt Read straight up for Luke Schenn, do you do it?
    Yes I would and I totally agree with you on Grossman and Coburn they are our top pairing going forward why use more resources on top pairing guys when we have 2 already one we groomed and one we traded for. Like I said a top 4 of Grossmann, Coburn, Mez, and Schenn would be awesome. Maybe Gus/MAB/Bartulis Manning or Kessel any combination of those guys as the last pairing when Timonen eventually hangs em up. I also think we should invest our 1st rounder in a d-man too we have enough young offensive skill guys going forward.

vCash

I don't think you trade read for Schenn. I don't think that he's going to cost that much. At this stage, he's a rather high risk prospect, and I don't think Homer will overpay for him. I'd like to have him, because he MAY be good someday, but I wouldn't pay Read for him.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Bryzgalov is your goaltender for a long time! Get over it or get a new team so we dont have to hear your compelling arguments that sound like they were formed by a 5 year old that doesnt understand the game and just blames the goalie "because he is supposed to stop the puck".
    Who the **** you talking to like that ******* ?
    I'll tell you what tough guy i would be happy to discuss this further with you over lunch just name the time n place...Really getting ****ing tired of this I dont insult you when I dont agree with you and you call me a 5/year old ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    As much as I haven't liked Bryz's overall game in these playoffs can anyone really blame him for this series? Besides the weird fluke goal tonight the first goal he had no chance on on a deflection and he kept us in the game with some big stops. In games 2-4 some of those would have been blow outs especially games 3 and 4 if not for Bryz's effort in net. I am not putting this series on Bryz and anyone that knows hockey isn't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    As much as I haven't liked Bryz's overall game in these playoffs can anyone really blame him for this series? Besides the weird fluke goal tonight the first goal he had no chance on on a deflection and he kept us in the game with some big stops. In games 2-4 some of those would have been blow outs especially games 3 and 4 if not for Bryz's effort in net. I am not putting this series on Bryz and anyone that knows hockey isn't either.
    Thank you. People are getting all ruffled over "Bryz's" poor play. I'm not saying he was elite or shut down, but he was good/ above average. The team didn't skate in front of him. The team didn't play to their potential all series. It was clear we were missing Pronger against the Devils. I guess it's time to try to get his replacement.

vCash
    I do think the Flyers make a big shake up again this offseason. Won't be as big as Richards and Carter, don't think anything will ever be like that, but I do think a big piece will be moved to net us a defenseman either through that trade or enable us to get one due to the money saved.

I'll make an offseason thread now...

vCash
    Maybe those of you who want to defend Bryz can tell us why exactly the Devils looked like the Red Wings of 1997 against us then. Is it our defensemen? Forwards? Is it a philosophical problem? We saw the Devils as much as they seen us this year, how come they were able to elevate their game so much while we as the better/more skilled team looked more like the Florida Panthers look against us over the last few years (not counting this year). I can't figure it out, we had to be on to what they were doing by game 3, so why couldn't we adjust and exploit the weaknesses it opens up in their defense? That's not fatass Andy Reid behind the bench, it's a championship winning coach. In the end, you pay a goalie 50M and you expect him to WIN YOU a few games, not play good enough to where you hang the loss on your offense.
    Last edited by FlyersFTW; 05-09-2012 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I do think the Flyers make a big shake up again this offseason. Won't be as big as Richards and Carter, don't think anything will ever be like that, but I do think a big piece will be moved to net us a defenseman either through that trade or enable us to get one due to the money saved.

I'll make an offseason thread now...
    Agreed. I think they shakeup the defense this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Who the **** you talking to like that ******* ?
    I'll tell you what tough guy i would be happy to discuss this further with you over lunch just name the time n place...Really getting ****ing tired of this I dont insult you when I dont agree with you and you call me a 5/year old ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFTW View Post
    Maybe those of you who want to defend Bryz can tell us why exactly the Devils looked like the Red Wings of 1997 against us then. Is it our defensemen? Forwards? Is it a philosophical problem? We saw the Devils as much as they seen us this year, how come they were able to elevate their game so much while we as the better/more skilled team looked more like the Florida Panthers look against us over the last few years (not counting this year). I can't figure it out, we had to be on to what they were doing by game 3, so why couldn't we adjust and exploit the weaknesses it opens up in their defense? That's not fatass Andy Reid behind the bench, it's a championship winning coach. In the end, you pay a goalie 50M and you expect him to WIN YOU a few games, not play good enough to where you hang the loss on your offense.
    trying to keep this peaceful, because it seems like the Bryz haters had a meeting last night and formed a strategic flaming of this forum.

But, you cannot pin this series on Bryz. The offense wasn't scoring enough goals, plain and simple. Its rare to consistently win in the playoffs by only scoring 1 or 2 goals per game. Bryz is not involved with goal scoring.

Also, most of the Devils goals were the type that no goalie would save, unless luck was on their side.

like every goal allowed in game 4:
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...08&cmpid=embed

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...15&cmpid=embed

all the result of poor defensive play, leaving a man wide open, all leaving Bryz with a situation where only luck can make the save.

If it will make the anti-Bryz army happy, I could post the 20 huge saves he had in game 2.

vCash
    I'm not a huge Bryz fan, but this series was not his fault. We lost this series because our compete level was too low, for entirely too long. We played much harder the last game, but by then it was too late.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    trying to keep this peaceful, because it seems like the Bryz haters had a meeting last night and formed a strategic flaming of this forum.

But, you cannot pin this series on Bryz. The offense wasn't scoring enough goals, plain and simple. Its rare to consistently win in the playoffs by only scoring 1 or 2 goals per game. Bryz is not involved with goal scoring.

Also, most of the Devils goals were the type that no goalie would save, unless luck was on their side.

like every goal allowed in game 4:
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...08&cmpid=embed

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...15&cmpid=embed

all the result of poor defensive play, leaving a man wide open, all leaving Bryz with a situation where only luck can make the save.

If it will make the anti-Bryz army happy, I could post the 20 huge saves he had in game 2.
    In addition to poor offense we were also constantly having our defense pinch to try and compensate and give up odd man rushes back the other way. We also spent a lot of time running around in our own end (forwards and defense) that resulted to missed assignments and Devils standing by themselves in great position to score.

vCash
    What has this playoffs done to us guys???...lol

Bryz was not the problem...even if he allowed 1 goal every game the score would be 1-0...we had no jump, no pop, no heart, no nothing (lol)

Time to retool the D to better protect Bryz...when Grossman and Kubina first arrived they were committed to blocking shots and laying the body...thats the type of Dman we need to help Bryz be better...
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks