Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Outcome/What Do the Flyers Need to Continue?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

2 8.70%
  • Flyers Win in 5

9 39.13%
  • Flyers Win in 6

12 52.17%
  • Flyers Win in 7

0 0%
  • Devils win in 4

0 0%
  • Devils win in 5

0 0%
  • Devils win in 6

2 8.70%
  • Devils win in 7

1 4.35%
  • Continue Pouring on the Goals

3 13.04%
  • Continue Those Time Outs, Lavi

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Surge on Power Plays (SH as Well)

5 21.74%
  • Continue the Blocked Shots

3 13.04%
  • Continue the Bryz of Game 6

4 17.39%
  • Continue Getting Healthy

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 146 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2187
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    What do you want me to save? To say you guys are done is foolish...
    The Flyers got to where they are by not being the team that lost pucks in the corners and got out-skated constantly. These Flyers are not the same team we watched all year long. These are not the same Flyers we watched against Pitt, laying it all out every shift.

That's how we know we're done. We haven't played Flyers hockey yet this series. Why should we believe they will magically turn it around now. They are done. I guess whatever emotional energy they had was used against Pittsburgh.

Can you honestly say that you've seen playoff caliber hockey out of the Flyers yet this series? They are drained. If they couldn't play tonight, they aren't going to. Even down 3-0 against Boston a few years ago didn't feel as hopeless as this. Then, at least I felt like we could win one or two. I was ready to turn this game off 10 minutes into the first period tonight and knew the Flyers were going to lose.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    gonna be fun to see what homer does this offseason.
    Who cares. They need to over haul that defense. Maybe Luke Schenn, Suter, whoever because Pronger won't be coming back. They also need to draft one in the first round. What a terrible trade in hindsight. Having Sbisa here would have been good for the next 5-10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    Its their forecheck...I said it in the game when Kovy fought Scheener...we arent adjusting...stop the long passes because they take away passing lanes, dumping the puck in along the boards only allows Marty to play it up the ice..I mean cmon a blind man could see our schemes arent working...we have to do what Florida did and crash the net all day everyday...
    They can't even clear our zone. They are holding the puck too long in the D zone, because guys aren't skating enough to get open for any kind of outlet. That is what's allowing the Jersey forecheck to look so good. it's pretty easy to hit a guy who isn't skating and separate him from the puck. Then they win the race to the lose puck.

It's purely about heart.

When they do, they have to dump it in high around the boards, and quit worrying about Marty. They are trying to carry the puck in to keep it away from him, but the Devils' D is doing a great job of standing their ground, and slowing the Flyers O down until the Jersey forwards can get back to clog the passing lanes and strip the puck.

The Devils are playing flawless, mistake free hockey. Pure and simple.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    Who cares. They need to over haul that defense. Maybe Luke Schenn, Suter, whoever because Pronger won't be coming back. They also need to draft one in the first round. What a terrible trade in hindsight. Having Sbisa here would have been good for the next 5-10 years.
    Our defense is fine. The whole team is playing like *** right now.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    Lost in all of this is just how good Bryz is playing. The Flyers need to get bigger faster defenseman. They have another year of Timonen's salary and then they'll have over 6 mil to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Our defense is fine. The whole team is playing like *** right now.
    Any defense with Lilja playing more than a minute of ice time is not fine. He is brutal. Unfortunately a lot of that is because of injury between MAB, Mez, and Pronger that's a lot of bodies going down that would have played important minutes. Unfortunate and it probably cost us our season.

vCash
    Lol...Pronger is one of the best defenseman off all time and arguably the most clutch playoff performer ever. You do that trade everytime.

As for the offseason...I'd like to add at least two defenseman...no interest in Schenn really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Lost in all of this is just how good Bryz is playing. The Flyers need to get bigger faster defenseman. They have another year of Timonen's salary and then they'll have over 6 mil to spend.
    I'd beg Timonen to retire if I'm Homer lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Bryz really kept them in the last few games. Schenn has played really well. I see him out there busting his *** and hustling. Coburn has played well. It can't be two and three guys out there trying. There have been too many people entirely invisible, unless they are turning the puck over. Jagr, Simmonds, I'm looking at you.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    they asked bryz what he thinks of the 5 on 5....He said they want it more Lol...He said we cant do anything and they can do everything.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    They can't even clear our zone. They are holding the puck too long in the D zone, because guys aren't skating enough to get open for any kind of outlet. That is what's allowing the Jersey forecheck to look so good. it's pretty easy to hit a guy who isn't skating and separate him from the puck. Then they win the race to the lose puck.

It's purely about heart.

When they do, they have to dump it in high around the boards, and quit worrying about Marty. They are trying to carry the puck in to keep it away from him, but the Devils' D is doing a great job of standing their ground, and slowing the Flyers O down until the Jersey forwards can get back to clog the passing lanes and strip the puck.

The Devils are playing flawless, mistake free hockey. Pure and simple.
    I actually agree with everything except letting Marty play the puck because we arent hustling for any pucks...but I also know that trying to skate it through their zone isnt the answer either but if we dump it in the corners and be aggressive in those corners we can use our size which is one of our only advantages, and CRASH THE ****ING NET!!!!

Im actually not opposed to a fight right now...something to get our blood pumping out there...sheesh
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    They got an email from someone on daily news live that said here comes the bryz bashing... xD

The guy on daily news live said he out played brodeur and is not at any fault on why the flyers are losing this series but if you look at the other series you have guys stopping 44 goals a night and only giving up 2...Lmfao people love to hate I swear

vCash
    maybe other teams ARE PLAYING BETTER DEFENSE

vCash
    Honestly, I am afraid to see the stats for how many hits they have vs us. I'm afraid that will really tell the entire story.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    They got an email from someone on daily news live that said here comes the bryz bashing... xD

The guy on daily news live said he out played brodeur and is not at any fault on why the flyers are losing this series but if you look at the other series you have guys stopping 44 goals a night and only giving up 2...Lmfao people love to hate I swear
    Bryz shouldn't be bashed over this. The ****ing offense is not getting the job done. Bryz kept it close. The Devils /should/ have blown us out.
    <Meaning and Content>