Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    If they run what they have...

    Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
    Ladd - Burmistrov - Little
    Ponikarovsky - Antropov - Mietten
    Cormier - Slater - Thorburn

    Enstrom - Byfuglien
    Stuart - Bogosian
    Hainsey - Clitsome

    Pavelec
    Pasquale


    Machacek, Postma being the wildcards. I see them with the Icecaps with Scheifle and getting those young guys some development time. I think they'll sign somebody like Auld or Dan Ellis as a backup, but this might it as far as "big signings" go. I bet they're trying to reestablish value of that 3rd line and Hainsey.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Posts
    1,066
    vCash
    1500
    We signed G Al Montoya 1 year 601,000 k, solid signing for us hes only 27 and still has some upside and could bridge the gap to Pasquale (Think another season with the Caps will do wonders for him)

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dasm0kesh0w View Post
    If they run what they have...

    Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
    Ladd - Burmistrov - Little
    Ponikarovsky - Antropov - Mietten
    Cormier - Slater - Thorburn

    Enstrom - Byfuglien
    Stuart - Bogosian
    Hainsey - Clitsome

    Pavelec
    Pasquale


    Machacek, Postma being the wildcards. I see them with the Icecaps with Scheifle and getting those young guys some development time. I think they'll sign somebody like Auld or Dan Ellis as a backup, but this might it as far as "big signings" go. I bet they're trying to reestablish value of that 3rd line and Hainsey.
    This would work, just wish we had that big tough shutdown Defenceman, much in the character that Trouba is. I'm not sure of Clitsome yet.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    We signed G Al Montoya 1 year 601,000 k, solid signing for us hes only 27 and still has some upside and could bridge the gap to Pasquale (Think another season with the Caps will do wonders for him)
    This is a good pick up at that money. Its a saving over Mason, and while I wish we re signed Mason, but Montoya can handle 25 games if needed. Wonder if they will pick up another back up to up the competition at Camp.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    This is a good pick up at that money. Its a saving over Mason, and while I wish we re signed Mason, but Montoya can handle 25 games if needed. Wonder if they will pick up another back up to up the competition at Camp.
    Jets agreed to terms with forward Ben Maxwell and goaltender Mark Dekanich

    127 career AHL games between Milwaukee and Springfield for a 66-40-12, career record, 2.22 goals against average and 0.920 save percentage. He was originally drafted by the Nashville Predators in the fifth round, 146th overall, in the 2006 NHL Draft.

    http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637368

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    What happenned with Wellwood. Did he sign somewhere else. He was a UFA this year, was he not?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    I'd like to see Postma given a chance to make this team At 6'3" 200lbs and 23, he could be the big no nonsence defenseman that we need. I'd take him over Clitsome if all things are equal at camp.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Stapelton signs with the KHL? Not sorry he's not back, but strange he wouldn't try to get on in the NHL. Maybe they paid him twice what he would have got here as that is how it usually works out. Couldn't have been he didn't want to play in Winnipeg cause of the weather, the guys going to Russia where its worse!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms Friday with forward Kyle Wellwood on a new contract. The Winnipeg Free Press reports it is a one-year deal worth $1.6 million.
    The Jets also announced Friday they have signed defenseman Paul Postma. The Free Press reports it is a one-year, one-way contract worth $550,000
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=10542

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Wondered what happenned to him. A million $ raise from last year, but he is coming off his biggest year, if he slips next year well we clear some salary between him, Antropov's 4+m and likely his bud we just signed Ponik.'s 1.8 and Hainseys a UFA next year so drop his 4.5m. Thats over 12m that could be gone. I don't see any of these 4 guys in the Jets long term plans.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    Very happy they signed Postma. Hope he gets a good look this year, big boy defence. Could use his size back there.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,976
    vCash
    1500
    I guess Wellwood could end up with Antropov and Ponik. Miettanen maybe the odd man out. But I'm not sold yet on Cormier

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
    Ladd - Burmistrov - Little
    Ponikarovsky - Wellwood - Antropov
    Mietten - Slater - Thorburn

    Enstrom - Byfuglien
    Stuart - Bogosian
    Hainsey - Clitsome/Postma

    Pavelec
    Montoya

    I'd prefer Cormier over Miettinen but I think they'll give Miettinen the nod.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Posts
    1,066
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dasm0kesh0w View Post
    Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
    Ladd - Burmistrov - Little
    Ponikarovsky - Wellwood - Antropov
    Mietten - Slater - Thorburn

    Enstrom - Byfuglien
    Stuart - Bogosian
    Hainsey - Clitsome/Postma

    Pavelec
    Montoya

    I'd prefer Cormier over Miettinen but I think they'll give Miettinen the nod.

    I think Little is a much better option at center then Burmi with his experience and vastly better faceoff ability. I would like to see them keep Ladd Little and Wheeler together if possible it was a solid line for us last season and maybe then audition for someone to play with Olli and Kane in camp/preseason.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    I think Little is a much better option at center then Burmi with his experience and vastly better faceoff ability. I would like to see them keep Ladd Little and Wheeler together if possible it was a solid line for us last season and maybe then audition for someone to play with Olli and Kane in camp/preseason.
    Kane - Jokinen - Wellwood
    Ladd - Little - Wheeler
    Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
    Mietten - Slater - Thorburn

    Would be my next guess. It'd be nice if Antropov could regain his form and bump Wellwood to the 3rd line between Burmistrov/Ponikarovsky. I wonder how committed they are to keeping Burmi @ C?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •