Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    A report by Nova Sport TV out of the Czech Republic said Pavelec crashed his BMW into someone stopped at an intersection, then blew 0.2 on a breathalyzer, more than double Manitoba’s legal blood-alcohol limit.
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/07/1...ui-czech-media

Pavelec was given a six-month suspended sentence and has been ordered not to drive for a period of 20 months. The report quotes the judge in the case as saying the 20-month driving ban applies only in the Czech Republic.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...162621886.html

vCash
    ^ What a ****in dummy!

vCash
    Love the selection of Truba for the Jets. Shocked that he felled that far. In a few years and development, he might be the next Adam Foote.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    I didn't like the signing of Pavelec right off the bat. Should have traded for Bernier or Harding.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Jets and Evander Kane's representatives are working on a long-term contract that could see the player signed for up to six years.

Contracts signed by New York Islanders sniper John Tavares and Toronto Maple Leafs forward Phil Kessel are being used as examples. Both players signed long-term packages coming out of their entry level contracts, Tavares a six-year deal worth $33 million and Kessel a five-year pact worth $27 million.

If for some reason, and at this point that seems highly unlikely, the negotiations turn to a shorter bridge-type contract, Kane's deal could be along the lines of the two-year pacts signed by James Neal and Logan Couture worth $5.75 million
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...162690176.html

vCash
    Yes, I read they are looking at 6/29m, which is like 5m a year. At 20, and hopefully just going to get better, get him signed. Getting Kane to commit to Winnipeg for 6 years and Ladd for 5 years will maybe help other players out there that become available that Winnipeg may not be such a bad place to play

vCash
    After watching Trouba at the juniors, can't wait to see him in camp next year. We need a big, tough defenceman. Plus this guy has a big shot. Hope he makes it next year if he's ready, but going to be a crowded D. with all these young guys like Postma and Redmond showing good so far.

vCash
    Ponikarovsky traded. Never understood why we signed him, sounded like they wanted him to get back with Antropov. Wee, didn't work so Antropov will be gone a TD or just fly off into Free Agency.

vCash
    I think Florida may be open for business. We have IMO top 5 forwards, 1st line....Ladd, Little and Wheeler......2nd line....Kane, Burmistrov and ? Would love to get Versteeg from Florida, young at 26 and locked in for another 3 years at 4.4m per which is what we will lose off the books after this year with Antropov hitting the bricks.

That would give us 2 top fast exciting scoring lines, then a checking line, then a drive them up the wall line.

vCash
    Versteeg is a ? mark. He does great one place then is so-so then brutal then great in Florida. I think a 2nd and a spec would get things started.

What's going on with Burmistrov? Is he available? if he is what is his price... i really like his game.

Not related to the Burmistorv offer but what do you think of Grabovski?

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Versteeg is a ? mark. He does great one place then is so-so then brutal then great in Florida. I think a 2nd and a spec would get things started.

What's going on with Burmistrov? Is he available? if he is what is his price... i really like his game.

Not related to the Burmistorv offer but what do you think of Grabovski?
    Problem with Burmistrov is he is 21 and was thrown into it by the Trashers like they did all their picks. He was not ready for the NHL and should have spent sometime in the minors. The kid, skates like the wind and is physical, but needs more time. Kane and Bogosian were thrown into the league at 18 as well by Atlanta, and they have now come around. For Burmistrov, a little more time is needed, but I think he will be very good. Probably Noel would move him if they could get a legit 2nd line player that can play with Kane. If you have Jokerman and Meittnan as 2/3's of you 2nd line , you are going no where.

As for Grabovski, at 29 he makes 5.5m which is alot, and has yet to show, much like Burmistrov but Burm. is alot cheaper, and only 21. Going to be tough to trade Grab's salary for what he has done so far? Versteeg out for year, but was just spitballing.

vCash
    If they can trade Antropov, Jokerman and Burm. to get a top 6 forward.
    to play with Kane. through in Hainsey as well.

vCash
    Picked up Santorelli form Panthers on waivers. May seem him on the 4th line instead of Cormier who is awful.

vCash
    Would love to get Pominville for the right side with Kane. Fast and scores 20+ goals every year. And at 30, brings some expierence to a very young team.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345