Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where will Geno Finish this year?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...-5-314625.html

He thinks he will be top 5... I dont think he will be top 15... Thoughts?

High teens at best, probably mid 20s. A lot depending on his turnovers.
    Time for some hootenanny.

I think his peak is being around a fringe top 10 QB for a couple of seasons. I could see him getting into the top 20 this year if he can improve his accuracy(get up to nearly a 60% completion percentage and get around an even TD to INT ratio)

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

4. 07-27-2014, 11:18 PM

William Stanback Nation

Reason
    Not needed - SI

If Stephen Hill transitions into a really solid receiver Geno will do well. Kerley/Decker are good, you need one more outside receiver to make it a solid receiving core.

I think Geno will have a bounce back year. He's got the mentality to do it. He will have more talent on the offensive of the ball to make it happen (Johnson/Decker/Amaro) and we drafted a few receivers and signed Ford, but he sucks. I mean Geno was forced into the role last year (after the Sanchez injury), he clearly wasn't ready (most scouts said he shoudk sit at least half a year), and he had terrible weapons around him. He missed time in TC with an injury. He was doomed to fail. He at least showed promise and got better towards the end.

Do I expect him to play lights out this year? No, but I think he will be serviceable. I expect him to run a but more actually. That was one of the main reasons he had success towards the end of the year.

Edit: Knew someone would make a Geno/Milliner thread. Both got baited into their comments. I actually like that they both said what they said. You need confidence especially at QB/CB which are big mental positions.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    If he plays the entire season he certainly won't be #32

20-25ish

Can't see him being any better or worse

Then again wtf is he suppose to say "I'll be top 25"

Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    20-25ish

Exactly. You need that confidence to play at that level and if he said something realistic you get mocked too. You can't win.

At best he will be around 20. He has a lot to prove and its not going to take just 1 year to do so after his abomination of a season last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    20-25ish

Obviously not, But why cant these kids just say, I dont care what im ranked among QB's as long as our teams getting W's and improving each week. ?

You'd think they'd go over this stuff with someone before the media starts asking them those type of questions

But, Im not a Geno fan so i would think 20-25ish is a fair range..

"The thing about it is, you have to climb up," he said. "If I'm No. 32, by this time next year or the year after, I expect to be in the top 5."

He was asked directly about him being ranked last by that poll with executives. There really isn't any arrogance in what he's saying. If anything he's just stating how he expects to improve and work hard to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I knew someone would have to make this stupid thread. Where is the miliner (sp?) one too
    Better than that stupid *** Steven A thread

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Exactly. You need that confidence to play at that level and if he said something realistic you get mocked too. You can't win.
    And this is a ******** argument because its easy to not say you think you will be a top 5 QB. That is just ******** to say after the season he had.

Being confident doesn't have to mean saying well I am going to be top 5.

He should have just said "I plan to work hard and improve so I can prove everyone wrong". Instead he just HAD to say "I expect to be top 5". Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    And this is a ******** argument because its easy to not say you think you will be a top 5 QB. That is just ******** to say after the season he had.

Being confident doesn't have to mean saying well I am going to be top 5.
    He never says that he will be top 5, it says that he "expects" to be top 5. He's not making some declaration or prediction, he's merely stating that he has expectations to be better and to improve...I really don't understand why you felt the need to make this a thread, it's not a newsworthy item IMO. Geno sucked last year, we all get it. He had a terrible stretch of games that made all Jets fan cringe, but he was a 2nd round pick who got thrown into the fire with pretty bad talent around him, and by the end of the season he looked pretty poised. He's a confident young man and already has shown leadership qualities and work ethic, so saying that he "expects" to be top 5 is something that I hope he truly believes. Again, a wonderful example of the media nitpicking and taking words out of context to make it a huge story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    He never says that he will be top 5, it says that he "expects" to be top 5. He's not making some declaration or prediction, he's merely stating that he has expectations to be better and to improve...I really don't understand why you felt the need to make this a thread, it's not a newsworthy item IMO. Geno sucked last year, we all get it. He had a terrible stretch of games that made all Jets fan cringe, but he was a 2nd round pick who got thrown into the fire with pretty bad talent around him, and by the end of the season he looked pretty poised. He's a confident young man and already has shown leadership qualities and work ethic, so saying that he "expects" to be top 5 is something that I hope he truly believes. Again, a wonderful example of the media nitpicking and taking words out of context to make it a huge story.
    Its very news worthy. He is a top prospect in a huge market and is fighting for his starting Job against another High profile athlete in Mike Vick. On top of his performance last year he comes out and says he expects to be top 5 which was dumb. The discussion because of that is where do we think he will finish which is debatable and thread worthy considering the topic at hand.

Look at the above post. Saying he expects to be top 5 was a dumb thing to say when there was a million other things he could have said while looking confident. The what is he suppose to say excuse that is floating around in this thread is not just at all because again he was not asked does he think he will be a top 5 QB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast