Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Food for thought Eli rivers Ben

Now in the 2004 draft the giants wanted to select Ben roethlisberger but it all got messed up with the Eli trade cus the chargers wanted rivers that's why they drafted him n traded him for Eli

My question :

How many superbowls would the giants have won with
    Big Ben or Rivers

Would it be more then they won
    with Eli or less or the same ?

Can a mod add a poll?

I want honest opinions

I'd prefer other giants fans not to Answer but whatever I don't want biased opinions

I think it worked out perfectly for each team.

Its funny to think Chargers wanted Eli
    Giants wanted Ben
    Steelers wanted Rivers.

If that happened I honestly think the Giants and Ben would be the only one of the three with a ring.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think it worked out perfectly for each team.

Its funny to think Chargers wanted Eli
    Giants wanted Ben
    Steelers wanted Rivers.

If that happened I honestly think the Giants and Ben would be the only one of the three with a ring.
    Of course you do.

I think all 3 could have won with Pitt

I think all 3 could have won with NYG

Don't think any could win with SD
    Go Knicks!

All time

^agreed.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Of course you do.
    Because he's the only one to still be able to produce behind bad lines.

I would have loved to have Rovers here and think that we would be a really f'in good team. But we wouldn't have been a SB winner either.

PROCESSING

I would have loved to have Rovers here and think that we would be a really f'in good team. But we wouldn't have been a SB winner either.
    Rivers would have won 2-3 with that running game and defense. Easily. Rivers is/was a better QB, I expect that to translate to a title somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Rivers would have won 2-3 with that running game and defense. Easily. Rivers is/was a better QB, I expect that to translate to a title somehow.
    He had that in SD and never won. That D was stacked with Merriman, Jammer, Cro and company. And he had LT, Gates, and VJax to throw to.

PROCESSING

Oh look. Another one of these threads. The great Eli, Rivers, Ben draft.

I wonder how much better you guys are going to think Eli miraculously is when he did what Rivers did with a new OC/philosophy and throws for the highest completion percentage and best TD/INT ratio of his career and is still the exact same player.

Oh the QB position - too much credit for the good and too much blame for the bad.

IMO if it worked out as Eli to SD, Ben to NY, and Rivers to Pit - I think they could all have a SB. Who knows? No one. Will never know.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

Ben with that great Oline we had probably would of won 2 superbowls

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Oh look. Another one of these threads. The great Eli, Rivers, Ben draft.

I wonder how much better you guys are going to think Eli miraculously is when he did what Rivers did with a new OC/philosophy and throws for the highest completion percentage and best TD/INT ratio of his career and is still the exact same player.

Oh the QB position - too much credit for the good and too much blame for the bad.

IMO if it worked out as Eli to SD, Ben to NY, and Rivers to Pit - I think they could all have a SB. Who knows? No one. Will never know.
    Part of the reason I hate these threads is we all love the way the draft fell. We're all (almost) happy with the results. And we're always going to pimp our own guy because we've had success with him.

PROCESSING

well a lot of that comes down to him holding onto the ball. It's why Batch is consistently sacked about half as often and Leftwich is sacked 1/3 as often behind the same exact line. You take the good, him avoiding the rush, buying time for his receivers, or making a play with his legs, with the bad, him getting caught.

You see the opposite happen with Rivers, Chargers give up sacks about 8.3% of the time with Volek out there, vs. 5.7% of the time with Rivers. King Dunlap is arguably the worst left tackle any of these guys have had, and the sack numbers are better than when Rivers had McNeill

Same with Eli. Sacks cut in half when he took over for Warner, and about 40% lower than Carr's time behind center.

Sacks tend to follow the QB. Worst line in the NFL in 1997 was the Colts when it came to pass blocking. The next year they were top 2. Peyton was behind there then. Every single player on his line has changed over multiple times. Tony Ugoh was a left tackle for one of the "best pass blocking lines" in the NFL, and couldn't even find a job a year later. Sack number don't drop when Tarik Glenn or Ryan Clady go down or retire. At one time Peyton had a line that consisted of 3 college guards, and 2 college centers. Same 5 guys block for Brady the year before and after Cassell and you have completely different results.

As for winning though, it is all conjecture. Eli made some monster plays to help his team in the SB. Ben had some huge games in the playoffs those years. Rivers has looked like the best of the bunch at times. Ben had two #1 defenses and a #3 defense to get to the SB, never made it without a top 3 D. He's one game over .500 in the 5 seasons his D isn't top 5. But his team is built around that. That is where their money, draft picks, and coaching goes.

They also have played in vastly different offensive systems. Until Haley Ben took many 7/9 set drops. No QB is going to have a good sack rate with that. So not all of it is attributed to the QB.

And you being up Batch and Leftwich but fail to bring up how the run/pass balance dramatically shifts when they played.

Thanks for taking stats out of context.

PROCESSING

The most interesting part of about this QB class is somewhere along the line, each one of these guys was considered the best of the class, even Rivers who doesn't have a ring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast