Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

No more hall of fame running backs

While I was watching highlights of a young L.T. I started thinking that in today's nfl there isn't a chance that a running can get into the hall because they are not durable and can easily be replaced look at Adrian Peterson and Johnson from tennessee... Thoughts anyone?

vCash
    Buggin!!

vCash
    There will be a transition of numbers the passing game is in a higher use. So instead of the leading rushers get 1600 yards now it will be 1300 or 1400.

vCash
    What about Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson? Are you saying they're not making it into the Hall of Fame? Peterson missed his fifth consecutive thousand yard year by 30 yards, and he missed three games. He has 64 touchdowns and 6,752 rushing yards in 5 years.

You're losing your mind.

vCash
    Not durable? How about the defenders are bigger and faster?

Think Jim Brown would hold up today?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I will say that Emmitt's record may stand as one of sports' unbreakable records. We will be lucky to see even a 15K rusher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not durable? How about the defenders are bigger and faster?

Think Jim Brown would hold up today?
    Yes

vCash
    i think guys will make hall of fame careers as running backs.peterson seems to be doing fine to me,he gets banged up but is still very productive.mjd is also producing at high rates.i think great running backs adjust to the league,i do believe jim brown would be a premiere rb if he were in the league today.his style might be different but he would be a top rb.

9. 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash

No more hall of fame running backs

There will be plenty and a .d is one of them

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I will say that Emmitt's record may stand as one of sports' unbreakable records. We will be lucky to see even a 15K rusher.
    Agreed. Especially considering how hard it is for a 30 yr old RB to find a job, even with the specific roles teams have now for RB's.

vCash
    Few more good years and a couple of rings and you *might* be able to bring Frank Gore into the convo. It would be a very very big long shot though. He's the Niners all time leading rusher and a couple Niners RBs are in the Hall with 2 more (Watters & Craig) more then deserving.

vCash
    Yes... Peterson will most likely get in, unless there is a huge slide.
    Suck it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I doubt this. Someone will play long enough and be durable enough to break it.

It's early, but I wouldn't be shocked if AD can do it.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Yes
    Not a chance. Small and tiny by todays standards, and very prone to fumbling in any era.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I doubt this. Someone will play long enough and be durable enough to break it.
    The game is going to have to change a lot, as it is today. No chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast