Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Get's yo popcorn ready boyz, lol.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Put the popcorn on hold...

Stadium bill will not be debated on the House floor until late afternoon today. Actual vote won't happen until this evening/tonight. Bonding bill will be discussed first by the House.

3. 05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    ^Thanks for your opinion.

Vote may not take place until 1-2am depending on the number of amendments and the amount of discussion. 128 reps will be voicing their opinions and amendments.

5. 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesMagicFan View Post
    It is not going to pass

It is over

Welcome to Los Angeles!!!

I doubt they will keep the Vikings name so I am guessing they will change the name to "Los Angeles Earthquakes"
    We get it, you don't think it will pass. Thanks. Please state this same opinion again in five minutes, so I don't forget.

7. 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

8. 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    It is not going to pass

It is over

Welcome to Los Angeles!!!

I doubt they will keep the Vikings name so I am guessing they will change the name to "Los Angeles Earthquakes"
    Lets wait for the vote first. I have very, very little faith in Minnesota politicians, but its not over till the fat lady sings.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Contact Minnesota Elected Officials Today to Ask For a Full Vote

Vikings fans from out of state: just because you donít live in Minnesota doesnít mean you canít express your support for the stadium proposal! We need your help to keep the stadium bill alive this legislative session.

The Vikings will continue to push forward on a stadium solution during the final weeks of the session, but we need legislative leadership to make it happen.

Please take a minute to contact the Governor and legislative leaders to ask them to allow the stadium bill to get a vote on the floor of both the House and Senate. Tell them this bill deserves a full vote in both the House and Senate!

Please take a moment to email the message below to Governor Dayton and legislative leaders and let them know that building a new facility will support thousands of jobs, have a significant economic impact on the State, help maintain the great quality of life we currently enjoy and retain Minneapolisí status as a major league city. In addition, the bill follows the parameters laid out by the legislature and includes no new taxes, no money from the State's general fund and a significant private contribution from the team.

Feel free to include any personal experiences or stories. But, remember your overall message should be short and to the point.
    https://secure3.convio.net/activ8/si...rAction&id=339

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I'll just ignore this until tomorrow.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Contact Minnesota Elected Officials Today to Ask For a Full Vote
    I am writing to ask that you support the proposal to build a new publicly-owned stadium for the State of Minnesota and the Vikings on the current Metrodome site and allow the bill to get a vote on the floor of both the House and Senate.

The Vikings have a strong and passionate fan base from out of state, and many of us travel to games to watch our home team play. In doing so, we support not only the team on the field, but the economy of Minneapolis and Minnesota by spending our money in hotels, restaurants and other outlets during our visit.

In fact, over 27% of Vikings Season Ticket Owners live outside the State of Minnesota and more than 40% of Season Ticket Owners reside outside of the metro area. 50% of fans who come from outside the Twin Cities stay in a hotel and spend money in the community when they attend a Vikings game.

Please join those individuals who are working to reach a stadium solution this year and help secure the Vikings in Minnesota for the next generation of fans. This bill deserves a full vote on the House and Senate floor!
    https://secure3.convio.net/activ8/si...rAction&id=339
    ^ Go back a page I shared same thing yesterday Should i email them again?

vCash
    I am writing to ask that you support the proposal to build a new publicly-owned stadium for the State of Minnesota and allow the bill to get a vote on the floor of both the House and Senate.

I am a member of a group that is often overlooked, yet is very important to Minnesota’s economy. I am an out-of-state Vikings fan. The Vikings have a strong and passionate fan base from out of state, and many of us travel to games to watch our favorite team play. In fact, over 27% of Vikings Season Ticket Owners live outside the State of Minnesota and more than 40% of Season Ticket Owners reside outside of the metro area. 50% of fans who come from outside the Twin Cities stay in a hotel and spend money in the community when they attend a Vikings game. In doing so, we support not only the team on the field, but the economy of Minneapolis and Minnesota.

Every year, I come to Minnesota to catch at least one Vikings game, sometimes two or three. While that may be only a modest amount I know for a fact people I know here in Wisconsin go to more games than I can afford to. I’m telling you all of this because I thought you’d like to know we spend a lot of money in Minnesota on these trips. The restaurants we eat at, the shopping trips to the Mall, plus just the necessities needed to make the trip there and back again like gas all adds up. While I live close enough to where I don't need a hotel I know others live farther away that do need one. Without the Vikings, I doubt they or I would make the trip to Minnesota nearly as often -- if ever. I know there would be almost no reason for ME to come to your state.

While I've been to Minnesota before for the Minnesota Science Museum, the Como Zoo, the Guthrie Theater, Valleyfair, and the Mall of America when I was a kid -- the one thing that brings me back to Minnesota is the Vikings. Not only the games I go see but training camp down in Mankato too. The Vikings are certainly one of Minnesota's major attractions.

I’m sympathetic to the economic situation that your state finds itself in, and I assure you that we are feeling some of the same pains here. I understand how you might think this isn’t a great time to be talking about a stadium. It might not look like something the state "needs" to do right now but I implore you to look at the lasting impact a new stadium would have for the state.

While I'm no economist, I find it just astounding that people have no clue that the Vikings are a state, county, and city wide investment due to ancillary businesses and jobs that will be created with the new stadium. It would create jobs, immediately in construction, and long term in retail and the service industry. The overall benefit the Vikings and the new stadium would bring to the state in construction jobs, retail jobs, restaurant jobs, hotel jobs, transportation jobs, facility jobs, and so on gives the state more than enough reasons to help fund a new stadium. Economic development doesn't come cheap. At the end of the day some new jobs are better than none.

This is all still pertinent to the discussion of out-of-state Viking fans having reason to come to Minnesota and spend money. All the millions people traveling to the state for events in the stadium spend, the tax and concession revenue, the state revenue service, and state run commissions get back from it will boost the state's economy. You lose all of that immediately if you allow the Vikings to leave. It would be fiscally irresponsible to allow the team to leave rather than help fund a new stadium.

I have made it a point to educate myself on the situation, and have watched legislative sessions over internet streams where I've heard people who oppose the stadium claiming simply doing nothing will bring in $20 million to the state. I even read the Forbes article that a new stadium wouldn't make Minnesota money. However, they don't calculate the cost to run the Metrodome that won't be used by anyone when the Vikings leave town/state.

But the Vikings won't leave don't ya' know... I still can't believe there are people who actually believe the Vikings won't move. Some of you might say well they'll just get them back 10 years down the road. My feelings are that if the Vikings leave Minnesota there won’t be a replacement. The NFL won't allow it. The citizens, or rather the ingrates, of Minnesota would then have to live with their decision and face the repercussions.

Letting the Vikings leave by not helping pay for a stadium would ultimate cost the city and the state dearly. Not only in the economy but also culturally.

The history of the state and the Minnesota Vikings share very much go hand and hand. Cory Merrifield said it best, "A new stadium secures the Vikings in Minnesota for at least another 30 years, it passes them on. Passes the tradition on of having the Vikings here to watch to my son, and hopefully his children one day. It's a big part of who we are as Minnesotans and I would just hate to see that go. It would be a lot like when we lost the North Stars. When they left I just had that feeling of 'We lost one of the biggest pieces of our culture. Our identity. We are the State of Hockey. And all the sudden we lost our Hockey team.' Well the Minnesota Vikings are very much football in Minnesota. I don't want to lose that cultural identity that we have with the Vikings, with the NFL, with being a major metropolitan market. With having a quality of life that we have here. We have balance in Minneapolis. We have performing arts we have sports and we're very lucky to have all those things. Without the Vikings I feel a major part of our professional sports is gone and I think that balance would be lost."

I don't think the people of Minnesota realize what having the NFL in the state means. Just ask citizens of states who don't have an NFL team. Look at all the cities in the country who are trying to get one. The Vikings have a rich history in the NFL and in Minnesota since 1960 let's keep it that way. They are every bit apart of your state's culture as the "Great Minnesota Get Together" State Fair. There is a lot of emotional investment tied up with the Vikings that most of the state shares. While there are those who don't have any attachment to the team I think I've read that the calls are overhwleming in favor of a new stadium: (Gov Dayton said 966 in support, 141 oppose.) Again though you have to not look at only your state but all the surrounding states as well. They have established some heated long time rivalries between teams (and fans) in the upper midwest and those fans of rival teams travel their and support your economy as well as out-of-state Viking fans. I've heard fans of the Packers, Bears, and Lions all in support of keeping the Vikings in Minnesota. The Vikings are very much apart of the states identity. All of that history would almost certainly be lost if they moved. All of those millions of people's reasons to come to Minnesota would be lost if the team was forced to move thousands of miles away. It would pretty much break the hearts of millions and that's something to keep in mind for upcoming elections.

Not only that but what would Minnesota's biggest attraction be if the Vikings were allowed to leave? Minnesota would become the next Dakota, the next Iowa or Nebraska. The land of 10,000 mistakes. Nobody would care to bother to come to Minnesota anymore. I certainly wouldn't. That's not a threat or an insult but just the truth. Living on the border of Wisconsin and Minnesota I see Minnesotans coming over here to Wisconsin to fish and camp in our neck of the woods. I don't see many reasons for Wisconsinites to go to Minnesota. The only reason I would have to go to Minnesota is to watch my favorite NFL team play or for other events held at the stadium because where I live it's closer to travel to the Twin Cities then any other stadium in Wisconsin. The key thing here to remember is this new stadium is not only for the Vikings but for the state to hold other events as well.

The Vikings waited patiently while the Twins and Gophers -- should've combined the Vikes and Gophers stadiums in the first place -- got new stadiums but now there is no more time to wait. They must get a deal done now. NFL Commish Roger Goodell's visit had to have been a wake up call. They are serious about moving if this doesn't get done. Enough quibbling over the stadium and how the team and the league should have to pay for all of it by themselves. I think that is absolutely ridiculous to expect the Wilf’s and organization to pay for all of the costs. Yes Zygi 'could' pay for it all by himself but why would he when there are plenty of other places outside Minnesota that want a NFL team. If Minnesota wants to keep the NFL in Minnesota you gotta at least give them a place to stay profitable.

The Vikings do not have an obligation to provide Minnesota with an NFL team or for that matter a multi-faceted new stadium that would benefit the people of Minnesota in more ways then just football. The businesses around the stadium would be booming not only on game day but when the stadium hosts other public events.

The Metrodome is used about 300 days every year. Of those event days, fewer than 100 feature professional or major college sports. So in actuality the Vikings will use the building less than the state will and they wouldn't own it either. It would be owned by a sports authority, not by the Vikings. So tell me, if the state is going to be using the building more than the Vikings, why should the Vikings pay for all of it?

Zygi Wilf is already willing to put up the largest share between the Vikings and the county/state. While I agree Minneapolis shouldn't be the only place, or the main place paying for the taxes. It should be statewide. Statewide asset should be funded by statewide means. However, that wasn't a decision made by the team. The Vikings didn't ask for it to be in Minneapolis. That being said, it's ultimately the best place for it.

I'm aware there are some creative solutions being discussed that wouldn’t burden the taxpayers of Minnesota or exasperate your deficit situation. All these ideas should get explored in their entirety so that the team can stay in Minnesota for years to come.

Just remember us out-of-state fans when you’re considering a Vikings stadium solution. Do your part to keep the Vikings in Minnesota, and we’ll do our part to keep money flowing into your state.

Please join those individuals who are working to reach a stadium solution this year and help secure the Vikings in Minnesota for the next generation of fans. This bill deserves a full vote on the House and Senate floor!
    There I sent that out. I don't care if it's long. They need to know how passionate people are about this issue and that doesn't mean Minnesotan's only.
    Last edited by JA22; 05-07-2012 at 01:02 PM.

14. 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    ^ And I'm going to ignore your posts so you're just wasting yours...

16. 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    Have a bit of class and just hold your negativism as the rest of us who want and care about the Vikes stay possitive.

18. 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash

Vikings fans descend on Capitol as stadium debate approaches

by Tom Pelissero 1500ESPN.com

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Hard hats and football jerseys mingled at the state Capitol as construction workers and Minnesota Vikings fans chanted "Build it!" ahead of a critical vote on a proposed $1 billion stadium.

Gov. Mark Dayton greeted the group Monday and praised their support in the hours before an afternoon debate in the House.

The House vote may not come until after midnight. A Senate vote would come next on a separate version of the bill.

Supporters weren't ready to predict passage. But one Democrat, Rep. Ryan Winkler, says he is changing his "no" vote to "yes" because he sees the stadium as the only job-producing project likely to come out of the Legislature this session.

House leaders planned the debate and vote for later Monday. The stadium debate is expected to go on for hours, and the vote might not come until after midnight.

If passed in the House, the stadium proposal still faces a number of steps through the legislative process.

A Senate vote would follow on a separate version of the bill. If that gets through the Senate, the varying bills would have to be reconciled in a conference committee before final votes in both chambers. http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/V...proaches050712
    If true I think some no voters could change their minds and follow in his footsteps.

20. 05-07-2012, 01:51 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    Like that would happen so stop being in denial
    Cool story bro.

vCash
    Moving on....

I hope that this passes tonight! I have been a Vikes fan all of my life and stuck with the team through all of the ups and downs. I would be crushed!

Now with that said I really have a bad feeling about it. I hope I am Wrong!!!!!

vCash
    Are you serious dude? There is a reason to say negative, the politicians does not give a damn if the Vikings leave or not, what the hell makes you think it is going to pass tonight if the politicians does not give a damn if the Vikings leave?
    You're right, the politicians does not.

24. 05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast