Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    What Is Dead May Never Die: Minnesota Vikings Stadium Bill Moves To Senate Floor

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/4/...te-julie-rosen
    How do you kill that which is not alive?

So on facebook they said it was going to pass.

@dbeldenpipress: Dayton predicts stadium bill will pass 68-65 in House, 34-33 in Senate.

@PatKessler: Gov Dayton says calls to his office overhwleming in favor of #Vikings stadium: 966support, 141 oppose. #mnleg

@PatKessler: Rep Morrow says lawmakers are getting emails, phone calls on #Vikings stadium "that cross the line." "Let's be respectful."

Let them have it!
    Last edited by JA22; 05-05-2012 at 04:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    How do you kill that which is not alive?

So on facebook they said it was going to pass.

@dbeldenpipress: Dayton predicts stadium bill will pass 68-65 in House, 34-33 in Senate.

@PatKessler: Gov Dayton says calls to his office overhwleming in favor of #Vikings stadium: 966support, 141 oppose. #mnleg

@PatKessler: Rep Morrow says lawmakers are getting emails, phone calls on #Vikings stadium "that cross the line." "Let's be respectful."

Let them have it!
    Ask Shrodinger's cat.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Vikings stadium: 'Monday is game day,' bill supporters make final push
    Monday is game day for the Minnesota Vikings' effort to get a new stadium, and supporters are geared up for the final drive.

The Minnesota House will vote Monday, May 7, on a bill to help fund a new $975 million stadium. Whether the votes are there to pass it remains to be seen.

Opposition is expected to be stiff from foes of the use of public money on a stadium, opponents of expanded gambling and those who think the bill as constructed won't work.

"We're going to be working all day, all night, all day Saturday, all day Sunday and all day Monday," said Ted Mondale, who chairs the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission and is Gov. Mark Dayton's point man on stadium issues.

"We've got our work to do. Monday is game day. We're going to be ready. And we're going to play aggressively, and we're going to get this vote. And we're going to pass it onto the Senate, and we're going to get this deal done."

A rally in support of the bill was planned for 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Mall of America in Bloomington. Joining Dayton will be Vikings defensive end Jared Allen; Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak; Senate bill sponsor Julie Rosen, R-Fairmont; House stadium supporter Terry Morrow, DFL-St. Peter; and Vikings vice president Lester Bagley.

"We are also doing a very blatant call to people who care about this to let their voice be heard," Rybak said. "We need the public to continue to weigh in."

And the Vikings will be active, too.

"We got a little work to do, and we're doing it today, through the weekend and Monday to get over the top," Bagley said.
    Mondale, Rybak, Bagley and other stadium supporters made another pitch for the bill Friday at a Capitol news conference.

The team hopes to move into a new 65,000-seat stadium built near the Metrodome site in Minneapolis by the 2016 season.

Construction would be financed with $150 million from Minneapolis taxes, $427 million from the Vikings and $398 million from the state.

Some question whether the plan to use revenues from taxing new electronic forms of pull-tabs and bingo would be sufficient to pay the state's stadium share, but Mondale said, "we know that the revenues coming in are solid."

Others, including House Speaker Kurt Zellers, R-Maple Grove, object to cost overruns being assigned to the public.

But Mondale said contractors have said they would do a "fixed bid," meaning they would agree to come in at the set price.

Asked whether the Vikings would consider contributing more money to ensure the bill's passage, Bagley said the team believes the $427 million up-front payment and $13 million per year in operating costs is significant.

"But we'll see where the final negotiation goes," he said.

Bagley said the team opposes a plan that has been floated to pay for the stadium with user fees.
    "That proposal would shift the state's share of the cost onto the team and our fans," he said.

Meanwhile, another stadium financing plan entered the conversation Friday. Sen. Sean Nienow, R-Cambridge, proposed using income tax revenues from visiting team players, sales tax revenues from increased ticket prices and a user fee on game- and stadium-related items.

Rybak said the bill the House will take up Monday is not perfect. But, he said, "this is one of the best examples in many years of a bipartisan group solving a big, tough issue. It's time to act", he said.

"If we don't solve this now, we're going to be back here next year, and I don't think anybody wants do this. We need to get on to other issues," Rybak said.

Rosen, who's been carrying the stadium bill in the Senate, said she expects it will pass.

"I honestly have never thought about it failing," she said.

If the bill passes the House and Senate, it's expected to head to a conference committee. There, differences between the two versions would be worked out before it's resubmitted for a final vote in both chambers and then sent to the governor to sign.
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...are-final-push

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

4. 05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

5. 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate account

vCash
    Make sure Monday we all call our Reps, I will be calling mine up north on the Iron Range.

vCash
    “Hundreds” show up for Vikings stadium rally
    Folks supporting the proposal to build a new Vikings stadium showed up in large numbers at the Mall of America on Saturday. According to the Associated Press, hundreds attended the rally.

Among those in attendance was defensive end Jared Allen (pictured . . . with Jay Glazer . . . I think).

“We have the greatest fans in the NFL and you have a voice,” Allen said, via Vikings director of corporate communications Jeff Anderson. “Call your representative.”

The one representative who has been getting the bulk of the blame for the tenuous status of the stadium bill is House Speaker Kurt Zellers. He has been facing increased criticism for engaging in double-speak on the effort, claiming he’ll vote against the bill when it hits the House floor on Monday, but suggesting during a KFAN radio appearance on Thursday that he supports the project.

Zellers now says he misspoke.

Riiiight.

We’ve got a feeling that the voters who are contacting Zellers aren’t misspeaking. They’re surely saying exactly what they mean.

Four-letter words and all.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stadium-rally/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Alright, if you're like me and feel helpless about this situation. Don't be.

Out of State fans...we can do our part in keeping the #Vikings in Minnesota too!

The Minnesota Vikings are fortunate in that we have fans all over the country, and all over the world. We receive letters daily from fans in ND, SD, IA and WI that are concerned with the reality of losing the Minnesota Vikings. The fact of the matter is our out of state fans are a huge part of our fan base, and a huge part of our economy. During training camp, preseason, regular season and the playoffs we are inundated with fans from all over that come to Minnesota, stay in hotels, eat at our restaurants, and experience all of the arts, Mall of America and more.

Without a doubt this brings in money to Minnesota that we would not receive if the Vikings were not in Minnesota. Because of that, we feel out of state fans should have a voice in this matter too! Below is a pre-written letter that we ask you send to our Governor Tim Pawlenty. Please let him know that while you find the Mall of America, the Guthrie, and other Minnesota attractions great, it is the Minnesota Vikings that prompts your visits to our great state and with out the Vikings you would not spend your hard earned dollars here.

Simply copy the email below and click on the following link to open your email editor. Paste the letter into your email and please add your name at the bottom. It takes a few clicks, a few seconds and it doesn’t cost you a cent to make a positive impact on keeping the Vikings in Minnesota. Thank you for your support!
    http://www.savethevikes.org/nfc-north-fans/
    Contact the Gov.: http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/

If you don't know what to say they have a template here you can use...

Honorable Governor Dayton,

I am a member of a group that is often overlooked, yet is very important to Minnesota’s economy. I am an out-of-state Vikings fan. Every year, I come to Minnesota to catch at least one Vikings game, sometimes more. My family and friends join me as well and we make a vacation out of it.

I’m telling you this because I thought you’d like to know we spend a lot of money in Minnesota. The hotels, restaurants, flights, rental cars, shopping trips all add up. Of course, we also visit places like the Guthrie, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Mall of America. But the one thing that brings us to Minnesota is the Vikings. Without the team, I doubt we’d make the trip nearly as often.

I’m sympathetic to the economic situation that your state finds itself in, and I assure you that we are feeling some of the same pains here. I understand how you might think this isn’t a great time to be talking about a stadium.

That said, I have made it a point to educate myself on the situation, and some creative solutions are being discussed that wouldn’t burden the taxpayers of Minnesota or exasperate your deficit situation. All these ideas should get explored in their entirety so that the team can stay in Minnesota for years to come.

Remember us out-of-state fans when you’re considering a Vikings stadium solution. Do your part to keep the Vikings Minnesota, and we’ll do our part to keep money flowing into your state.

Sincerely,

[Your Name Here]
    [Your Address Here]
    [City, State, Zip]

http://www.kodekreachor.com/Vikings/StadiumVoteYes.htm

Also here's a link for Monday. http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/htv.asp You'll be able to watch it there.
    Last edited by JA22; 05-06-2012 at 02:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Make sure Monday we all call our Reps, I will be calling mine up north on the Iron Range.
    just curious but where are you at on the iron range man? i live in duluth but my family lives in ely. just curious man

vCash
    Honorable Governor Dayton,

I am a member of a group that is often overlooked, yet is very important to Minnesota’s economy. I am an out-of-state Vikings fan. Every year, I come to Minnesota to catch at least one Vikings game, sometimes two or three. While that may be only a modest amount I know for a fact people I know go to more than I can afford to. My friends and I always have a great time in your state.

While I've been to Minnesota before for the Minnesota Science Museum, the Como Zoo, the Guthrie Theater, Valleyfair, and the Mall of America when I was a kid -- the one thing that brings me back to Minnesota is the Vikings. Not only the games I go see but training camp down in Mankato too. The Vikings are certainly one of Minnesota's major attractions.

I’m writing to you and telling you all of this because I thought you’d like to know we spend a lot of money in Minnesota on these trips. The restaurants we eat at, the shopping trips to the Mall (we buy a lot of clothes in MN because the no sales tax), plus just the necessities needed to make the trip there and back again like gas all adds up. Without the team, I doubt we’d make the trip nearly as often if ever. There would be almost no reason for me to come.

I’m sympathetic to the economic situation that your state finds itself in, and I assure you that we are feeling some of the same pains here. I understand how you might think this isn’t a great time to be talking about a stadium. It might not look like something the state "needs" to do right now but I implore you to look at the lasting impact a new stadium would have for the state.

While I'm no economist, I find it just astounding that people have no clue that the Vikings are a state, county, and city wide investment due to ancillary businesses and jobs that will be created with the new stadium. It would create jobs, immediately in construction, and long term in retail and the service industry. The overall benefit the Vikings and the new stadium would bring to the state in construction jobs, retail jobs, restaurant jobs, hotel jobs, transportation jobs, facility jobs, and so on gives the state more than enough reasons to help fund a new stadium. Economic development doesn't come cheap. At the end of the day some new jobs are better than none.

This is all still pertinent to the discussion of out-of-state Viking fans having reason to come to Minnesota and spend money. All the millions people traveling to the state for events in the stadium spend, the tax and concession revenue, the state revenue service, and state run commissions get back from it will boost the state's economy. You lose all of that immediately if you allow the Vikings to leave. It would be fiscally irresponsible to allow the team to leave rather than help fund a new stadium.

I have made it a point to educate myself on the situation, and have watched legislative sessions over internet streams where I've heard people who oppose the stadium claiming simply doing nothing will bring in $20 million to the state. However, they don't calculate the cost to run the Metrodome that won't be used by anyone when the Vikings leave town/state.

But the Vikings won't leave don't ya' know... I still can't believe there are actually people who believe the Vikings won't move either. Some might say well they'll just get them back 10 years down the road. My feelings are that if the Vikings leave Minnesota there won’t be a replacement. The NFL won't allow it. The citizens, or rather the ingrates, of Minnesota would then have to live with their decision and face the repercussions.

Letting the Vikings leave by not helping pay for a stadium would ultimate cost the city and the state dearly. Not only in the economy but also culturally too.

The history of the state and the Minnesota Vikings share very much go hand and hand. Cory Merrifield said it best, "A new stadium secures the Vikings in Minnesota for at least another 30 years, it passes them on. Passes the tradition on of having the Vikings here to watch to my son, and hopefully his children one day. It's a big part of who we are as Minnesotans and I would just hate to see that go. It would be a lot like when we lost the North Stars. When they left I just had that feeling of 'We lost one of the biggest pieces of our culture. Our identity. We are the State of Hockey. And all the sudden we lost our Hockey team.' Well the Minnesota Vikings are very much football in Minnesota. I don't want to lose that cultural identity that we have with the Vikings, with the NFL, with being a major metropolitan market. With having a quality of life that we have here. We have balance in Minneapolis. We have performing arts we have sports and we're very lucky to have all those things. Without the Vikings I feel a major part of our professional sports is gone and I think that balance would be lost."

I don't think the people of Minnesota realize what having the NFL in the state means. The Vikings have a rich history in the NFL and in Minnesota since 1960. They are every bit apart of the culture as the the "Great Minnesota Get Together" State Fair. There is a lot of emotional investment tied up with the Vikings that most of the state shares. Not only your state but all the surrounding states as well. They have established some heated long time rivalries between teams (and fans) in the upper midwest and they are very much apart of the states identity. All of that would almost certainly be lost if they moved. Moving them thousands of miles away would pretty much break the hearts of millions.

Not only that but what would the state's relevance in the bigger scheme of things be then? Without their biggest attraction, Minnesota becomes the next Dakota, the next Iowa or Nebraska. The land of 10,000 mistakes. Nobody would care to bother to come to Minnesota anymore. I certainly wouldn't. That's not suppose to come off an a threat but just the truth. The Minnesotans already come over here to Wisconsin to fish and camp in our neck of the woods. The only reason I would have reason to go to Minnesota is to watch my favorite NFL team play or for other events held at the stadium. Where I live it's closer to travel to the Twin Cities then any other stadium in Wisconsin.

The Vikings waited patiently while the Twins and Gophers -- should've combined the Vikes and Gophers stadiums in the first place -- got new stadiums but now there is no more time to wait. They must get a deal done now. Enough quibbling over the team and the league should have to pay for all of it by themselves. I think that is absolutely ridiculous to expect the Wilf’s and organization to pay for all of the costs. Yes Zygi 'could' pay for it all by himself but why would he when there are plenty of other places outside Minnesota that want a NFL team. If Minnesota wants to keep the NFL in Minnesota you gotta at least give them a place to stay profitable.

The Vikings do not have an obligation to provide Minnesota with an NFL team or for that matter a multi-faceted new stadium that would benefit the people of Minnesota in more ways then just football. The businesses around the stadium would be booming not only on game day but when the stadium hosts other public events.

The Metrodome is used about 300 days every year. Of those event days, fewer than 100 feature professional or major college sports. So in actuality the Vikings will use the building less than the state will and they wouldn't own it either. It would be owned by a sports authority, not by the Vikings. So tell me, if the state is going to be using the building more than the Vikings, why should the Vikings pay for all of it?

Zygi Wilf is already willing to put up the largest share between the Vikings and the county/state. While I agree Minneapolis shouldn't be the only place, or the main place paying for the taxes. It should be statewide. Statewide asset should be funded by statewide means. However, that wasn't a decision made by the team. The Vikings didn't ask for it to be in Minneapolis. That being said, it's ultimately the best place for it.

I'm aware there are some creative solutions being discussed that wouldn’t burden the taxpayers of Minnesota or exasperate your deficit situation. All these ideas should get explored in their entirety so that the team can stay in Minnesota for years to come.

Just remember us out-of-state fans when you’re considering a Vikings stadium solution. Do your part to keep the Vikings in Minnesota, and we’ll do our part to keep money flowing into your state.

Sincerely,
    Name
    &
    Address
    Feel free to copy parts of it and send Gov. Dayton a letter as well.
    Last edited by JA22; 05-06-2012 at 04:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    just curious but where are you at on the iron range man? i live in duluth but my family lives in ely. just curious man
    Im about an hour and fifteen north of Duluth, I live in a little town called Marble in between Hibbing and Grand Rapids.

If the Arden Hills site was a go there should be a Lightrail from Duluth to Arden Hills. Mass shuttles, that would be sweet.

vCash
    11th-hour stadium rally led by Dayton
    Businesses and unions are strange bedfellows as House vote approaches.
    With Monday's crucial House vote fast approaching and the stadium bill likely a few votes short of passage, Gov. Mark Dayton engaged Saturday in a weekend lobbying blitz to persuade skeptical legislators to approve a new home for the Minnesota Vikings.

"I don't want them to be the Los Angeles Vikings, or the Tucson Vikings or the Vancouver Vikings," Dayton told a cheering crowd of hundreds at the Mall of America. "I want them to be the Minnesota Vikings the rest of my life."

Dayton's appearance at the mall, where he was joined by defensive end Jared Allen, launched what will be an ongoing campaign until the stadium's fate is decided. On Sunday night, Dayton and Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak will host a rally at Mac's Industrial Sports Bar in Minneapolis, where they will urge supporters to contact legislators and press them to pass the project.

By Monday, the State Capitol lawn will become a Vikings tailgating mecca, complete with Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder tossing the pigskin.

Already the governor's Capitol office has become a makeshift base camp for the round-the-clock effort. Lists are circulating among the Vikings, lobbyists and legislators of members who are considered to be on the fence.

The stadium vote has scrambled the usual party alliances and divides. Suddenly, the business community has formed a fragile alliance with organized labor -- two groups that have been clobbering each other on other issues all session.

A political pressure cooker

In a scene more reminiscent of a political campaign, labor union call centers already have reached out to thousands of Minnesotans, urging them to contact legislators. Minnesota business leaders -- who staked out the stadium as a top priority this year -- are expected to be a crucial force in persuading GOP legislators averse to more spending.

The stadium issue has become a wicked pressure cooker for many legislators. Democrats face searing criticism from constituents for considering the use of tax dollars and more gambling as a way to finance a new stadium even as the state suffers from years of back-to-back budget cuts. Republicans walk an equally perilous line, balancing their desire to see the Vikings stay in Minnesota against bedrock party principles opposing more state spending.

For lawmakers, that has left no escape.

"You can't go anywhere without talking about the Vikings, and you haven't been able to go anywhere without talking about the Vikings for several months," said state Sen. John Howe, R-Red Wing.

For supporters, the stadium is a chance to lock in the Vikings for a generation, generate jobs and create a showcase arena that will be used by Minnesotans year-round. Opponents say the state is being stampeded into spending precious public resources on a sports palace that will increase state debt and displace worthier public projects.

Roseville Sen. John Marty is among a cluster of DFLers who have joined with Republicans in pushing back against funding yet another stadium at taxpayer expense.

"The current stadium deal was never negotiated in the public interest," Marty said. "They weren't negotiating to get a fair deal for taxpayers."

Even the most experienced legislators and lobbyists admit they do not have a precise head count in either chamber, setting the stage for what could be dramatic and spectacular floor debates this week.

Lawmakers are braced for a flurry of amendments once Monday's House debate gets underway, as supporters try to win votes on the fly while opponents use every available maneuver to torpedo the bill. Among the amendments expected are those that would force the team to pay more than the $427 million it has committed to the nearly $1 billion project and another that would swap out the controversial charitable gambling component for more traditional user fees.

"The goal here is to craft a bill that can pass both the House and the Senate," said state Rep. Pat Garofalo, R-Farmington.

Garofalo said he planned to spend the weekend trying to "practice the politics of addition rather than subtraction, by modifying the bill in a way that gets more Democrat and Republican votes rather than loses votes."

Opponents of the current stadium plan are mobilizing, too.

Sen. Sean Nienow, R-Cambridge, has proposed an alternative stadium funding plan that would capture tax money from incomes taxes paid by pro athletes who play in the state and from increased ticket prices.

"We need to keep searching for viable options for stadium funding that do not overburden Minnesota's taxpayers," Nienow said.

The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, which opposes tax increases, is asking its members to tell legislators to reject the stadium proposal.

Meanwhile, Dayton is applying the kind of pressure that only a governor can bring to bear. In recent days, he has met privately with about 10 on-the-fence DFLers, in a personal appeal for their support. As a result, DFLers say they have the 34 votes that are their share of those needed or passage.

But there have been setbacks, too.

Dayton enraged Republicans Friday when he vetoed a GOP bill that would have provided tax breaks for Minnesota companies, but also was projected to increase a projected state deficit by another $145 million. Republicans say the bill was the state's best chance at sparking private sector jobs.

'Taking a little pause'

"We are actually taking a little pause," Minnesota Chamber of Commerce President David Olson said of the stadium effort. "He vetoed one of our top priorities. I am saying to myself, 'Gee, I am helping him with his top priority, and he isn't helping us with ours?'"

Olson said he is hopeful that a modified tax bill may re-emerge as part of an end-of-session swirl that would include a bonding bill and the stadium.

Charlie Weaver, head of the Minnesota Business Partnership that represents the state's largest corporations, said business will do what's needed, but Dayton needs to reciprocate.

"We can deliver enough votes to pass stadium," he said firmly. But Dayton, he said, has to give a little on the tax bill.

"The most important thing at this time of session is for everyone to save face," Weaver said, "to find ways for everybody to leave and feel good about the result."
    http://www.startribune.com/politics/...1&c=y#continue

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

13. 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesMagicFan View Post
    Come on guys, stop wasting your time calling and writing letters, it is not going to pass, they do not give a damn if the Vikings leave or not
    Hooray for pessimism!
    I agree though, they don't care about the Vikings, or taxes, or bridges, or schools or anything else. They care about getting re-elected. If they thought that they would have to close down half the schools in Minnesota to do that, well that's exactly what they would want to do. If it becomes clear to some of these "people" in office that they could lose their part time jobs if they **** this up, I think it will pass.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 05-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Minnesota Vikings Stadium: Momentum Beginning To Shift
    More proof that the pro-stadium message is really gaining some traction. . .we have our first documented switching of a vote, and it's a pretty significant one.

Jeff Goldberg@jgoldbergfox9
    DFL Rep Winkler reluctantly changes stadium vote from No to Yes."A flawed plan for creating jobs in Minnesota is better than no plan at all"
    6 May 12

Winkler is one of the members of the House Government Operations and Elections Committee that voted against the Vikings' stadium bill back when the House initially killed it on April 16. Thanks to the calls and e-mails and everything else from folks just like you, Representative Winkler has seen the light, and has jumped from the "no" column to the "Yes" column when it comes to tomorrow's debate and vote.

So, again, if you think that your message isn't being heard or anything like that, look no further than this for proof that it is. Hopefully some more folks will jump from the dark side and get this thing passed.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/5/...nning-to-shift

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Vikings stadium vote queued up in Minn. House; dramatic first test for high-profile, $1B bill
    ST. PAUL, Minn. - The $1 billion Vikings stadium package is getting its first test with a big vote planned in the Minnesota House.

House leaders planned the debate and vote for later Monday. The stadium debate is expected to go on for hours, and the vote might not come until after midnight.

If passed in the House, the stadium proposal still faces a number of steps through the legislative process. A Senate vote would follow on a separate version of the bill. If that gets through the Senate, the varying bills would have to be reconciled in a conference committee before final votes in both chambers.

Even bill supporters were hesitant to predict success, and many lawmakers said at the end of last week they were still undecided.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...150355045.html

How cool is it that Dayton is rocking a Percy Harvin #12 Jersey?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    After months of lobbying, the Vikings stadium bill makes its way to the House floor
    WHAT'S AT STAKE?

Minnesota Vikings' lease at the Metrodome is up. Team says it won't sign a new one without a deal for a new stadium. Los Angeles waits in the wings. Team has been here more than 50 years.

WHAT'S IN THE BILL?

Public funding for $975 million stadium: $150 million from Minneapolis taxes and $398 million from taxes on revenues of new electronic charitable gambling. Read bill at http://bit.ly/Vikingsbill.

WHAT'S THE PROCESS?

Minnesota House will take up the bill Monday, May 7. If it passes, it will go to the Senate. Numerous amendments are expected to be offered, and a long debate is likely.

WHAT ARE ITS CHANCES?

The 134-seat House has 72 Republicans, 61 Democrats and a vacancy. It takes 68 votes to pass a bill. Democrats have pledged half, but Republicans say they are not certain they have 34 votes.

HOW TO FOLLOW

The House floor session is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Follow the discussion live at TwinCities.com. On television, sessions are generally broadcast on the MN Channel.

HOW TO BE HEARD

Tell your lawmakers what you think. Go to www.house.leg.state.mn.us and click on "Who represents you" on the left-hand side.
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...ium-bill-makes

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Vikings stadium vote queued up in Minn. House; dramatic first test for high-profile, $1B bill

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...150355045.html

How cool is it that Dayton is rocking a Percy Harvin #12 Jersey?
    Pretty cool.

I didn't care much for his tweet the other day though...

Here's a link http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/htv.asp You'll be able to watch it there.

House & Senate Broadcast Television Schedule
    a list of upcoming events

Monday, May 7 2012

10 a.m. - (live) House floor session
    Bills available on the Fiscal Calendar include:
    • HF1752 (Howes) Omnibus Capital Investment bonding bill; State Capitol repair and restoration.
    • HF1485 (Kriesel) New National Football League stadium provided for in Minnesota; Minnesota Stadium Authority established, and Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission abolished; local tax revenue use, electronic pull-tab games, electronic linked bingo games, and sports-themed tipboard games provided for; taxes conditional imposition and revenue collection provided; lawful gambling tax rates modified; bonds issued, and money appropriated.

LEGISLATIVE WEBCASTS
    (All times are Central Time Zone)

HOUSE WEBCAST: (Windows Media Player Required)

10 a.m. - (live) House floor session
    Bills available on the Fiscal Calendar include:
    • HF1752 (Howes) Omnibus Capital Investment bonding bill; State Capitol repair and restoration.
    • HF1485 (Kriesel) New National Football League stadium provided for in Minnesota; Minnesota Stadium Authority established, and Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission abolished; local tax revenue use, electronic pull-tab games, electronic linked bingo games, and sports-themed tipboard games provided for; taxes conditional imposition and revenue collection provided; lawful gambling tax rates modified; bonds issued, and money appropriated.
    Last edited by JA22; 05-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast