Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Minnesota Vikings Stadium: Outdoor Stadium Idea Being Floated
    Well, hey, we haven't had any stadium drama in what. . .checks watch. . .two or three hours, at least. Let's change that, shall we?

Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton has sharply rebuked GOP lawmakers for not taking the stadium debate seriously amid word Republicans are working out a deal to authorize a roofless stadium.

The altered proposal surfaced Tuesday and drew a rushed press conference from Dayton, Democratic lawmakers and the mayor of Minneapolis. Each acknowledged a stadium without a roof would be cheaper but said it would defeat the intent of building a venue that could be used for more than just football.

As once stated by that most famous of Marine Corps drill instructors, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, you've gotta be hosin' me here.

Zygi Wilf proposed the idea of an outdoor Minnesota Vikings' stadium quite a while ago. . .and that deal got shot down by the state because they wanted a building that they could use for purposes other than Minnesota Vikings football. I'm really not sure why anyone would think that it's a good idea now when it wasn't a good idea then, but I'm not a politician.

The Vikings have said that they're not supporting an open-air stadium.

Cory Merrifield@SaveTheVikesOrg
    RT “@timnelson_mpr: #Vikings vp Bagley on new roofless stadium plan: "it's not a proposal we support." #MNLeg
    1 May 12
    Minneapolis has all but said that if the stadium is open-air, they're out as a local partner.

Patrick Kessler@PatKessler
    Rybak says if GOP presses last minute roof-less stadium plan, Mpls will not be a partner. #Vikings
    1 May 12
    I'm really, honestly not sure what purpose this serves at this time, other than gumming up the works and stalling for time.

The Minnesota Legislature has a bill on the floor of each chamber ready to be voted on. Quite frankly, they owe the Minnesota Vikings, their fans, and everyone else an up-or-down vote on the current proposal. It's well past time for everybody to stop screwing around.

If you're in Minnesota, I urge you to call your legislators. If this team is at the banks of the Rubicon here, it's time to decide if they're going across or if they're staying home.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/5/...dline-still-no

I'm all for Arden Hills, it would truly be the best site, but its just getting drawn into the politics of all of this. Sadly the Metrodome site (and a roofed stadium) provide the solution that is most likely to pass because they have Rybak & Minneapolis behind them. The only reason open air Arden Hills is being raised here is to sabotage the bill so it doesn't pass.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Someone needs to forcefully remind Zellers that he works FOR us and he is supposed to do what is best for the state. The Vikings aren't a barganing chip he gets to use to get what HE wants and a weapon he can use simply to try to stick it to the governor.

The lying piece of crap was just on KFAN last week telling Barreiro that the bill was going to get an up or down vote AS IS.

Hey Zellers, if we don't like the governor, we'll get rid of him when his term is up, WE DON'T NEED YOUR HELP. However your term is up much sooner and losing the Vikings is going to cost you your job despite what you might think.

vCash
    I hate politicians so much!!!!

vCash
    And just when we thought we would at least get a vote........more politics

vCash
    Here's my best advice for Vikings fans regarding the stadium issue. Don't click on this thread. Save yourself the headache.

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Minnesota Governor changes his mind on revised stadium plan
    Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton is following in the flip-flopping footsteps of noted flip-floppers like John Kerry and Mitt Romney. (I specifically picked one from each party.)

After calling a 13th-hour plan from Minnesota Republicans a “fiasco” and “offensive” and “harebrained” and a “switcheroo,” Governor Mark Dayton (a Democrat) has agreed to consider it.

“It is absolutely worth pursuing. . . . Whether there is any viability, I can’t say,” Dayton said Wednesday, according to the Alexandria (Minn.) Echo Press.

Aiding the effort is the decision of Republicans to put a roof on the structure. Earlier in the week, the new proposal called for an open-air facility.

The new proposal would also fundamentally alter the formula for funding the state’s contribution, steering clear from gambling and tying fees and charges to those who will use the building.

The Vikings previously have said that it’s too late to change the proposal. Now that Dayton is changing his tune, we’ll see whether the Vikings likewise change their minds.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-stadium-plan/

We're soon going to be getting to the part where Zygi Wilf tells Dayton, Zellers and the rest of these buffoons to eat ******* and die. Increasing fees at the stadium (or taxing the Vikings players) is not viable and will not work. The Metrodome is cutting into Zygi's bottom line enough as it is already. Trying to make the Stadium be payed for entirely by user fees would probably negate any difference a new venue would make as far as profitability goes. It's not Zygi Wilf's duty to provide professional football to the State of Minnesota. If this is the way the worm turns, Zygi is going to be talking to AEG really soon.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    **** This! Enough is enough just vote on it already....

vCash
    vote is coming this monday and zellers is saying he doesnt support it and he says there wont be enough repubs votes at all, damn politics

vCash
    I vote we have the state legislature hold their next session in the Metrodome.

Then we blow it up, hold elections, and another vote.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I really hate seeing this at the top of Vikings top 3 list because I just know that it's more bad news.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Zellers was just on Dan Barreiro's program on KFAN. He basically implied his party will come through with the votes if Dayton doesn't veto their tax and bonding bills. The piece of crap is basically ransoming the Vikings. I don't care who blinks first but the voters didn't elect Zellers to hold hostage their favorite pastime. I'm sure you can podcast the interview if anyone would like to. I normally can't stand Barreiro but he didn't pull any punches. He absolutely roasted Zellers calling him out for lying in a different interview last week and having different standards for the current bill as opposed to the Republican's recent idea that bombed the last couple of days.

I recommend finding the podcast to anyone who is frustrated over this situation. I can't believe how much satisfaction I got listening to Barreiro yell at that lying dbag. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...1966_12541.mp3

vCash
    Finally someone gives him a piece of their mind... What a piece of ****.

vCash
    yeah zellers will not be returning next year at all with or without a stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Zellers was just on Dan Barreiro's program on KFAN. He basically implied his party will come through with the votes if Dayton doesn't veto their tax and bonding bills. The piece of crap is basically ransoming the Vikings. I don't care who blinks first but the voters didn't elect Zellers to hold hostage their favorite pastime. I'm sure you can podcast the interview if anyone would like to. I normally can't stand Barreiro but he didn't pull any punches. He absolutely roasted Zellers calling him out for lying in a different interview last week and having different standards for the current bill as opposed to the Republican's recent idea that bombed the last couple of days.

I recommend finding the podcast to anyone who is frustrated over this situation. I can't believe how much satisfaction I got listening to Barreiro yell at that lying dbag. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...1966_12541.mp3
    Sheer brilliance for Barrerio, I really, really enjoyed that.

http://www.1500espn.com/shows/tompelissero

check this out for an interview with Lester Bagley.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Apparently it's getting voted on the House floor on May 7th.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast