Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not sure where to post this.

@PackerReport: #Packers are $10,685,072.00 below cap, according to source.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy326 View Post

Did we already release Driver? Haha I'm kidding that's awesome if it's true now if we can just take Driver's heavy 5 million contract off the books and then we have the room to extend Lang, Jennings, Rodgers before the end of the season. After the season ends we can give a new contract to Matthews and re-sign EDS for cheap and then we can get started on Raji's contract at the beginning of next year.

EDIT- I forgot about Finley... he is the Wildcard here because his play will dictate when/IF he gets paid and that's why its so important that to restructure, release or trade Pickett and Hawk between the 2012 and 2013 season because we need that cap space.
    Last edited by LawnGamesChamp; 05-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy326 View Post

I'd imagine they'll give Jennings and Lang a new contract. They'll probably try and give Lang a contract very soon just so we can still get him relatively cheap.

I'd assume we'd restructure Drivers contract and maybe Woodson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I'd imagine they'll give Jennings and Lang a new contract. They'll probably try and give Lang a contract very soon just so we can still get him relatively cheap.

I don't think Thompson will ask Woodson to restructure especially when he may be changing positions. Not to mention the next 2 years of his contract go down by 5 million. Thompson will pay Charles this year and then have the room to pay Matthews next year with what he isn't paying out to Woodson.

Obviously I would like it if Charles restructured for less. I just don't think it will play out that way.

What's more important to me is getting Hawk and Pickett either traded, released or restructured before the 2013 season begins because those #'s don't work. That is where the money will come from in my opinion just my 2 cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post

The way I see the contract extensions going down this year.

Training Camp/ Early season- T.J. Lang --> Thompson is going to try to get a Jordy-type deal here for a player who is on the verge of becoming a top 10 guard in this league.

Bye Week- The extension will add little cost this year only a 1/4 or a 1/5 of the signing bonus depending on how long the extension is. So you are probably talking about 3 to 4.5 million (probably around the middle of that).

End of the Season/ Playoff push- Either Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews gets their new contract and the other player is extended as soon as the next league year begins.

EDIT- Point is that Thompson will have the power to re-sign anyone he wants and we won't have to worry about to losing any of our key players in FA.
    Last edited by LawnGamesChamp; 05-11-2012 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LawnGamesChamp View Post
    I don't think Thompson will ask Woodson to restructure especially when he may be changing positions. Not to mention the next 2 years of his contract go down by 5 million. Thompson will pay Charles this year and then have the room to pay Matthews next year with what he isn't paying out to Woodson.

Obviously I would like it if Charles restructured for less. I just don't think it will play out that way.

What's more important to me is getting Hawk and Pickett either traded, released or restructured before the 2013 season begins because those #'s don't work. That is where the money will come from in my opinion just my 2 cents.
    According to rotoworld, Woodson is scheduled to make 6.5M for this year and the next 2 seasons. I realize that his last 2 seasons he doesn't have those bonus that he got this year, but I'd think that Ted would try to cut down that cost a bit. I realize that's a tough argument though especially with a guy that's so valuable to this team. But who knows maybe Woodson has made enough along the way that he's willing to take a cut for guys like Jennings or possibly Clay.

As far as Pickett, he's another one that I'd think they might try to restructure come next season. If I remember correctly he'd be pretty easy to cut next season because it'd save us around 5M. Hawk is tough, because he just signed his contract and he seems like he'd be stubborn. I'll wait and see what he does this season before I go too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LawnGamesChamp View Post
    The way I see the contract extensions going down this year.

Training Camp/ Early season- T.J. Lang --> Thompson is going to try to get a Jordy-type deal here for a player who is on the verge of becoming a top 10 guard in this league.

Bye Week- The extension will add little cost this year only a 1/4 or a 1/5 of the signing bonus depending on how long the extension is. So you are probably talking about 3 to 4.5 million (probably around the middle of that).

End of the Season/ Playoff push- Either Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews gets their new contract and the other player is extended as soon as the next league year begins.

EDIT- Point is that Thompson will have the power to re-sign anyone he wants and we won't have to worry about to losing any of our key players in FA.
    I'd probably agree with you on Lang, Aaron, and Clay. Those seem to be pretty safe bets. I wonder when they'll try to work with Jennings. Ted seems to play the safe card especially when it comes to working new contracts. Jennings did have that injury at the end of the season. I wonder if he wants to see Jennings and how he performs the first half of the season.

vCash

Jason Babin

Just curious, is he to small to play on the DL in a 3-4 defense? Everyone in the NFL knows we need a interior pass rush and I know capers can get real complex with his defensive positioning. He's a proven straight pass rusher. 18 sacks last season, I don't knock him for this season really looking at Phillys whole defense.

What's your input?
    If this isn't thread worthy it can be moved I'm just on my phone and wanted to post this real quick. Apologize if it should go somewhere else.

vCash

vCash
    I was waiting for this thread haha. We don't need Babin, all he would do is take playing time away from guys like Worthy and Neal and that's playing time they need and will benefit us down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I was waiting for this thread haha. We don't need Babin, all he would do is take playing time away from guys like Worthy and Neal and that's playing time they need and will benefit us down the road.
    he wouldn't be able to take playing time away from those guys because he is too small to play end in a 3-4 he only weighs 267 the only hope we would have for him to play is if he could stand up and be an OLB
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    I just came to post in our OTT

"No Jason Babin thread yet?"

LOLOL. Nevermind.

vCash
    Nevermind
    Last edited by Norm; 11-27-2012 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    he wouldn't be able to take playing time away from those guys because he is too small to play end in a 3-4 he only weighs 267 the only hope we would have for him to play is if he could stand up and be an OLB
    Either way he doesn't fit this team whatsoever.

vCash
    I'm assuming he gets signed elsewhere. I would do it if we can basically get him for dirt cheap for just the rest of this season. He wouldn't be an everydown guy by any stretch of the imagination. But like I said, if no one takes a shot on him and we get him for basically nothing for this year only, I'd do it and turn him loose on obvious passing downs.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast