Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Madden/NCAA 13 doesn't have draft classes?

I know I'm a little late to this - but WTF?

Franchise will be lame as hell now without the actual rookies going forward.

I am not going to buy Madden game this year. Glad I only rented NCAA and found this **** out.

Everyone I know loves the draft class option in Madden. EA is trying to put out fake polls that show no one cares. Everyone I went to college with loved that option. I'm sure there is more of a majority than minority of fans upset at this. Bring back 2K..

vCash
    There is no franchise mode remember

It's all combined into career mode or w.e

vCash
    Well, I won't be buying Madden this year then. Every year I've been getting closer and closer to that point, but this seals it.

#TANK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    There is no franchise mode remember

It's all combined into career mode or w.e
    Wait, no franchise mode at all? It wouldn't even be a question for me if there wasn't a franchise mode. That's the only thing I play on Madden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Wait, no franchise mode at all? It wouldn't even be a question for me if there wasn't a franchise mode. That's the only thing I play on Madden.
    Connected Careers = Franchise, Superstar, Online

You can do all 3 online or offline. If you want to have all coaches in a league set it to that. If you just want to do offline then do that.

It sounds legit. Looks 100x better then the previous online franchises. It will actually have free agency, drafts, trading with CPU, and all of it online.

Can not wait.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    ^No fantasy draft though. That kill it for me
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    ^No fantasy draft though. That kill it for me
    x2

That's all we used to do. We'd all pick a team, then do a draft and pick our own team. No fantasy draft kills Madden for me at least. I was already getting over Madden, but not having the ability to do your own draft kills the incentive for me. Doesn't really surprise me though, I haven't been impressed with Madden for a while.
    Wake Show!

vCash
    Welcome to the bandwagon, about 5 years too late. Stopped buying it in 08'

vCash
    The thing to keep in mind here is this is the first year of this new Connected Careers mode. It's the first game since the new developers took over, the guys they brought over from FIFA. They are just laying the groundwork for the future of Madden, basically they started over and that's exactly what they needed to do in order to fix it.

Sure things such as create a playbook, changing player ratings, importing draft classes, fantasy drafts, etc might have been cut this year because they couldn't get them all in and working in time with no bugs/glitches. I'm sure they would've loved to do everything but with all the other changes it wasn't possible. In the next few years they'll be adding in new additions to the Connected Careers mode and I bet it'll all come back in due time.

I just hope these omissions like changing player stats, fantasy drafts, and custom playbooks, things we've had in Madden in previous years, don't become the big additions for next years game. That would be lame. They should be included as a more matter of course improvements rather than the big additions next year.

That being said, Connected Careers is a good direction for the future of the game and it'll be much better than online franchise in previous years. Combined with the RTP engine the game will be much better and It'll be the first time in year that I buy Madden over NCAA. I can't wait to play it this Tuesday. I'll still enjoy the game regardless of some features missing because Gameplay > everythig else and the new physics engine gives Madden superior gameplay to NCAA.
    Last edited by JA22; 08-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    With so many things that I loved not included I won't be playing this.

#TANK

vCash
    So even offline you can't do a fantasy draft?

vCash
    The imported classes didn't really work properly anyway. On Madden 11, I would have 3 punters projected to go top 5 just about every year.

vCash
    EA needs to fire EVERYONE who worked on the madden franchise and start anew. it's stale and needs a reboot with fresh ideas

vCash
    I gave up on all sports games except FIFA, madden 10 was my last, i can't believe i got 09 and 10.... FIFA just gets it right, almost perfect speed for gameplay in h2h, pro club otp, great physics engine, and the best budget to improve year in and out. The newer 2k basketball games have been better but i suck at basketball video games for some reason (confident in my Madden and FIFA abilities) and tiger woods is also a consistant title. I have tw 2010 and upgrades in that game aren't necessary frequently. I also haven't played in months.

As for this news, i think is ******** they can regurgitate games every year and now are taking out details that made it fun in the first place.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 08-26-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Gustav Nyquist is Jesus

didn't even hit the goalie doo

Ya, we're spoiled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    EA needs to fire EVERYONE who worked on the madden franchise and start anew. it's stale and needs a reboot with fresh ideas
    They basically did that last year. All the head guys are gone and they brought over some actual talent from FIFA team. It shows in this years game but it's only a starting point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast