Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've torn my labrum before. Twice. Not the end of the world, the surgery/recovery/therapy honestly isn't that bad.

First time was sophomore year of high school, when I dislocated my shoulder during swim practice. Didn't want to do the surgery but the tear was very severe. The surgery was in late December, came back and, after a few weeks of summer practice (nothing compared to what I had been doing the previous winter), I ended up making nationals for the first time. And I didn't do the rehab exercises nearly as much as I should have.

Keep in mind that I suffered a violent dislocation, which tore the labrum. If Pineda had suffered his injury in the same way, things would be much worse. Also, I was just a high school kid, lazy as hell, went to therapy a few times per week and hardly, if ever, did the in-home exercises. He's a professional athlete with a full-time training staff, etc., and he'll have his surgery done by the best of the best. The surgery is VERY simple, as far as surgeries go.

Just going off of personal experience here, I think he could end up coming back just as good as before. That said, I've never been relied upon to throw 98 mph fastballs. And I'm not sure how many pitchers have had this before. But as far as swimming is concerned, I got much better after the surgery. So take that FWIW.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Nice story Owl. People are getting way too carried away all because we gave up Montero for Pineda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Where are all the Cashman defenders today?????

Greatest offensive prospect not named Cano in 15 years: GONE
    Not sure you could ENTIRELY blame Cash on this one. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the Yankee scouts/training staff for not catching this sooner. And don't be so quick to say that his career is over. I've had the surgery and came back (to swimming, so not the same sport, but my arm was stronger nonetheless) even better. And with the way Campos has been pitching, we could still "win" this trade down the road, but only if Pineda comes back.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Well, maybe now, a sudden decrease in velocity won't be overlooked as "eh, its just Spring Training." Or, "Its a creation of the media."

Two years in a row now, we've had this warning sign as to something being wrong with one of our pitchers -- and two years in a row it was simply brushed aside as nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trueyankee View Post
    that's what saur does best.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 04-25-2012 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Unreal. What a disaster.

Cashman obviously didn't know this would happen but what he did know was that he was trading a hitter for a young pitcher. Obviously we've all seen how tough young pitchers are to keep healthy. Cashman decided to take a lot of the risk in the deal and its already burned us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    You're right, they should have hired a psychic to get a read on this trade before it happened. Silly Cash!
    Or the millions of baseball fans who saw Pineda shut down for half a year for whatever reason Seattle chose to give which cannot be counted as trustful or truthful at this point.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beer nut View Post
    Well, maybe now, a sudden decrease in velocity won't be overlooked as "eh, its just Spring Training." Or, "Its a creation of the media."

Two years in a row now, we've had this warning sign as to something being wrong with one of our pitchers -- and two years in a row it was simply brushed aside as nothing.
    Both were examples of young power pitchers coming off of seasons with LARGE increases in innings pitched, too. This has to do with our pitching coaches and training staff more than anything.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Wow, now that officially blows. What's the prognosis on that kinda thing?
    Good news for you Yankee fans is that Dr. David Altcheck, a member of the Mets medical staff will be doing the surgery.

Now before you make silly jokes; 1. Altcheck put Santana back together and 2. he also did the shoulder surgery on Mariano Rivera in 2009. The doctor is obviously a master of shoulder repair.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    That's what Saur does best.
    As near as I can tell it's about all he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    Not sure you could ENTIRELY blame Cash on this one. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the Yankee scouts/training staff for not catching this sooner. And don't be so quick to say that his career is over. I've had the surgery and came back (to swimming, so not the same sport, but my arm was stronger nonetheless) even better. And with the way Campos has been pitching, we could still "win" this trade down the road, but only if Pineda comes back.
    The scouts report back to Cashman and the buck stops with his decision.

After this arguement was made concerning Pags' faulty analysis of Igawa I wouldve thought this couldve been avoided.

Congradulations on your recovery.

vCash
    How big is Pettitte signing now!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    As near as I can tell it's about all he does.
    Low blow my friend.

I sing and dance too.

In all seriousness I would've prefered to hear your analysis of the situation rather than that exercise in deflection.

A penny for your thoughts.........................................

vCash
    Pettitte ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Or the millions of baseball fans who saw Pineda shut down for half a year for whatever reason Seattle chose to give which cannot be counted as trustful or truthful at this point.....
    Last time I checked Baseball is a business. In business information is king, so yeah lets blame Seattle for not telling everyone everything.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast