Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 413
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If He is known as the cash hater, can I be known as the saggy balled fatty hater?

    Even though I don't hate him at all. I just hate cellulite.

    Good talk.
    We all know you have a hatred for fat Leo. You should become CC's personal trainer.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,556
    vCash
    1500
    I'm afraid he'd use me as a toothpick.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,556
    vCash
    1500
    I do actually Despise Fred though. He is an embarrassment to pinstripes.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,368
    vCash
    1500
    I don't hate cashman. I think he is a league average GM with a ton of resources. I like how he has put an emphasis on SABR stats, I like how he handles resigning our own players, I like how he has a propensity to build a damn good bullpen. However, in my opinion he has really **** the bed in recent years over really important things. A few examples, last year was the last year we could use our financial clout to go overslot and sign big time draftees, we didn't do it nearly to the extent we could, his scouting staff is minor league in terms of talent size and scope compared to tampa toronto etc, he really destroyed the chamberlain situation on so many fronts i won;t get into here, he overvalues most prospects and undervalues the one that couldve stepped in and helped us the most, and he rushes prospects through the system-IPK, hughes, Banuelos just to name a few.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,368
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Hughes was the 4th ranked prospect in baseball back in 2007 while Joba was 3rd in 2008. Just about everyone who is paid to scout and evaluate players had them pegged as much more than fillers and not just the Yankees. Why do you think the Jays wanted one of them in the deal?

    Like I said it's easy to sit there and call them fillers now and act as if you know it all. However back in 07-09 I doubt you or anyone else would have called them fillers or only middle relievers.
    People who do those rankings are human, they obviously got sucked into the NYY prospect hype machine. I understand hyping Joba because he was explosive, but hughes' stuff has never impressed me 91-93 righty with a loopy curve and below average cutter is a 4th starter, not a number 4 prospect
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    He throws 88 and happens to be an excellent pitcher unlike the fatty jr pedigree.

    If Andy had this surgery, I wouldn't be so negative. But a young flamethrower now has to try to be crafty. Ain't happening.
    i get that, but thats 3 examples of guys whop succeeded, and i know at least sanata did not have the scope done like pineda has the option of. sure its an up hill battle, but hes not compeltley a lost cause
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    This thread sucks. The end.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I see you more as someone who is trying to maintain/live up to the reputation that you have gained in this forum. You're known as the guy who does not like Cashman because of the moves he makes. Everyone who posts regulatory in this forum knows Sauron as the guy who has a problem with Cashman. I don't think anyone has that much of a problem with you not liking how Cashman operates but overtime it seems that you only become a really active poster when posting about Cashman.

    I don't question you as a Yankees fan but when someone seems to have a bulk of their posts dealing with one area of discussion (anything that involves putting Cashman in a negative light) one can't help to think why that is.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I see you more as someone who is trying to maintain/live up to the reputation that you have gained in this forum. You're known as the guy who does not like Cashman because of the moves he makes. Everyone who posts regulatory in this forum knows Sauron as the guy who has a problem with Cashman. I don't think anyone has that much of a problem with you not liking how Cashman operates but overtime it seems that you only become a really active poster when posting about Cashman.

    I don't question you as a Yankees fan but when someone seems to have a bulk of their posts dealing with one area of discussion (anything that involves putting Cashman in a negative light) one can't help to think why that is.
    Right now I'm putting Adam Dunn in a negative light.......


    And so, a new era begins.....

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    I don't hate cashman. I think he is a league average GM with a ton of resources. I like how he has put an emphasis on SABR stats, I like how he handles resigning our own players, I like how he has a propensity to build a damn good bullpen. However, in my opinion he has really **** the bed in recent years over really important things. A few examples, last year was the last year we could use our financial clout to go overslot and sign big time draftees, we didn't do it nearly to the extent we could, his scouting staff is minor league in terms of talent size and scope compared to tampa toronto etc, he really destroyed the chamberlain situation on so many fronts i won;t get into here, he overvalues most prospects and undervalues the one that couldve stepped in and helped us the most, and he rushes prospects through the system-IPK, hughes, Banuelos just to name a few.
    Actually I had you pegged in exactly the light you described above.

    I put you in the "Guys who don't necessarily hate Cashman, but despise this trade....."

    I would add that he HAS done a pretty good job of managing the executive portions of his job, especially keeping the various ego machines in check.

    Problem is that his talent analysis is absolutely putrid.

    There is a horribly long list of failures that is extremely top heavy in pitching and it just keeps going on and on. Cashman HAS to implement a new system or hire talent to make those decisions for him. The combination of overhype, developmental mismanagement and 3rd tier signings that pitch like 4th tier talent litters his resume.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  11. #266
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yankeesland, NY
    Posts
    336
    vCash
    1500
    Before we all get into a panic mode, this quote was taken from an interview with Dr. Colin Eakin:

    Question: What are labral tears and how do they usually happen?
    Dr. Eakin: Your shoulder is a ball and socket joint where the ball is the top of your arm and the socket is your shoulder. The labrum is a ring around the socket. It's spongy, soft and squishy. If you imagine your shoulder joint as a golf ball and tee, the tee isn't flat. The labrum is that ring that makes the golf tee concave so that the ball doesn't just roll right off. The labrum stabilizes the ball in the socket. When forces cause the ball to fall out of the socket, the labrum gets damaged.

    There are two types of injuries that cause the ball to fall out of the socket: a traumatic event or chronic strains.

    Question: What are the treatment options?
    Dr. Eakin: If you want to return to your sport or resume normal activity, surgery is the only way to repair a torn labrum. Luckily, the procedure is now done orthoscopically so the incisions are very tiny. If the labral tear is small and does not destabilize the joint, the surgeons will just "clean it up" and make it less irritating and more comfortable for the patient. In cases where the labrum is pulled off the rim, it must be re-anchored, which is a more major surgery. The good news is that people who suffer from this injury almost always return to a full level of activity.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,309
    vCash
    1500
    tell that to mark prior and brandon webb just to name a couple. Same injury, never came back to 1/3 of the pitcher they were.

    This is why you dont trade prospects like montero. Pitchers get hurt way too often, and batters tend to make it longer without injuries that affect their game.

    You also dont trade a hot batting prospect for a pitching prospect which is what pineda was, you only trade for a 27-30 veteren starter imo.

    Pineda was way unproven.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Anyone think Cash still has a job if the Boss is still around?
    If the Boss were still around, The Bat would still be around, especially after that torrid September, where he OPS'd over 1. in the home yard.

    The Boss was thick about certain things, but if he'd witnessed that effortless power stroke to right field, and watched ML pitchers pitching around a rookie who had been here for five minutes, he'd have forbidden any trade with the name "Montero" in it.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Uh.....yeah.....about that!

    At last count I pegged it at

    Sauron
    Webslinger
    RudeMechanical
    MuddyDog
    Rubzzy
    nysportsfan02

    Guys who dont necessarily hate Cashman but are seriously deriding this move:

    Costanza
    Daoud or Dayners (I cant remember which)
    Infernoscurse (you know I'm right on this 'curse.....you were against this deal from Day 1, BEFORE there was a hint of injury.....just sayin)

    Either way man, you can't just blindly defend Cashman on this one. This is going to rank at all time historical levels of bad (probably worse than Buhner at the very least) and this is not hater-speak. This is fact, plain and simple, regardless of your opinion on Cashman.

    There, I said it nicely.....
    Are you THAT confident that this injury will derail his career and "rank at all time historical levels of bad" for the Yankees? How can you be so confident in something you have little knowledge of. He didnt fully tear the labrum and the rotator cuff was unharmed. Be careful of what you say because you are giving people a misconception of what really happened. Talk to me again in 2014 when we see results? Ok? Good, great, now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Sorry, but this is simply not true. This must be how common misconceptions get started. Pineda's velocity dropped 3 mph in September from what it was in April and May.
    I'm not sure where you can find this proof. ESPN showed Pineda's velocity throughout his entire season and it actually went up after June. This was also his rookie season. Who is to say it he simply did not tire out? The Mariners, like most teams, put an innings limit on young pitcher in their rookie season. You see it all the time.

    Pineda games started in 2011:

    July-5
    August-4
    September/October- 3

    You think that decline is due to injury? You are foolish. That is the Mariners putting an innings limit on their young pitcher. Not to mention, they are nowhere near competing either.

    1st half SO/BB is 3.14
    2nd half SO/BB is 3.16

    The numbers are virtually similar. There are no red flags.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Actually I had you pegged in exactly the light you described above.

    I put you in the "Guys who don't necessarily hate Cashman, but despise this trade....."

    I would add that he HAS done a pretty good job of managing the executive portions of his job, especially keeping the various ego machines in check.

    Problem is that his talent analysis is absolutely putrid.

    There is a horribly long list of failures that is extremely top heavy in pitching and it just keeps going on and on. Cashman HAS to implement a new system or hire talent to make those decisions for him. The combination of overhype, developmental mismanagement and 3rd tier signings that pitch like 4th tier talent litters his resume.
    You put someone else in charge and there's no way we could have snatched Pineda away from Seattle for Montero and Noesi.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •