Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    As long as he can have command.....His new 87 MPH fastball is going to have to be Mussina like or it will not work out....They might as well give him a bat and hope he can do what Rick Ankiel has done...I am sorry for zero faith in the outcome, it just makes me mad Cashman couldn't give more for King Felix..That was who I wanted once I first heard talks with the M's in the winter....I thought the $$$$$$$ would be too much for that crummy team...

In fact, just send them 5 of our top minor league starters and get the King in pinstripes...
    When you and Cashman and Jack Z were on the phone discussing the trade, what did Jack want for Felix?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    C'mon, money? We signed Burnett for 82 million back then which we are still paying, and just signed kuroda for 10 million, we could have absolutely signed halladay to an extension. The cost would have been joba and montero, we didn't do it because NY now has a notorious track record of overhyping/overvaluing our prospects- hughes, betances, brackman, jackson, humberto, garcia, joba, etc etc, the one guy that was almost sure thing we deal away for severely damaged goods.

Ry you're trying to downplay the hysteria, even calling it hyperbole because its a labrum issue, trust me, a labrum tear is MAJOR it pretty much destroyed my baseball career, this is the worst thing thats happened to the yankees since we decided to sign sheffield over guerrero
    You have no idea what it would have taken to get Halladay. None of us do. There's a lot of assumptions often made about trades.

As for money, obviously it matters. And I'm sure we shall see that over the next few seasons. Unless all the talk has been smoke and mirrors to some unseen end, we're lowering payroll.

And any shoulder surgery is major. But to use one example of surgery, in this case yourself, as a barometer for how this will effect Pineda is the epitome of small sample size. Chris Carpenter has a CY since surgery. Not every labrum repair spells complete doom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    According to SI it was Montero and Hughes/Joba. Back in 09 the Yankees were extremely high on both Huges in Joba who were both 23 years old. The Jays would have never traded Halladay for Montero and a filler. Yanks were that close in getting Lee the follwing season with Montero.
    I consider middle relievers filler
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    As long as he can have command.....His new 87 MPH fastball is going to have to be Mussina like or it will not work out....They might as well give him a bat and hope he can do what Rick Ankiel has done...I am sorry for zero faith in the outcome, it just makes me mad Cashman couldn't give more for King Felix..That was who I wanted once I first heard talks with the M's in the winter....I thought the $$$$$$$ would be too much for that crummy team...

In fact, just send them 5 of our top minor league starters and get the King in pinstripes...
    I would bet my life savings that the Yankees and mariners will not make a trade again. Ever.

vCash
    Schmidt. Webb. Bedard.

Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    You have no idea what it would have taken to get Halladay. None of us do. There's a lot of assumptions often made about trades.

As for money, obviously it matters. And I'm sure we shall see that over the next few seasons. Unless all the talk has been smoke and mirrors to some unseen end, we're lowering payroll.

And any shoulder surgery is major. But to use one example of surgery, in this case yourself, as a barometer for how this will effect Pineda is the epitome of small sample size. Chris Carpenter has a CY since surgery. Not every labrum repair spells complete doom.
    Money matters, but it is a facade we aren't willing to spend to get a halladay type especially with all the cash we have recently doled out for pitchers. As for Carpenter, he didn't rely on a 98 mph fastball, thats the difference, you know all about outliers. This is a personal example. Concerning my barometer, I'm just sharing my personal prognosis with a recent surgery-with a torn labrum the doctors tell you that you will never be the same, this isn't some overreaction, I can't throw for more than 5 minutes at a time anymore.
    Last edited by CostanzaNumba0; 04-25-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    no one saw this coming

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Pineda's average velocity first half of last year: 94.5 mph. Second half? 94.2 mph. for those who said the 2nd half velo drop was a sign
    April thru May 96+ mph

June -August 94-95+

By the time it got to September it was 93+ mph.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    Oh yeah, you know what, let's all panic. You're totally right. Sports medicine hasn't advanced in any way whatsoever in the past 20 years.

Not to mention that Brien Taylor's injury happened during a fight, and he dislocated his shoulder. Pineda's happened on its own, not through dislocation. That means his is much less severe.
    Pineda will never throw over 90 ever again.....Some of you are just trying to be too optimistic and are in denial......

Labrum issues are bad....This is terrible news and this is very unfortunate for the Yanks...

if he does come back I just see him as a reliever or a 5th starter at best....Forget the #2 slot!

Cole Hamels anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I would bet my life savings that the Yankees and mariners will not make a trade again. Ever.
    My people kept telling me ken phelps, ken phelps.

vCash
    We could use a good knuckle baller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post

April thru May 96+ mph

June -August 94-95+

By the time it got to September it was 93+ mph.
    Small tears do not always show up in MRI's....Cashman was just embarrassed!

vCash
    YES just posted this

Curt schilling 1995
    Chris Carpenter 2002
    Trevor Hoffman 2002
    Jason Schmidt 2007
    John Smoltz 2008
    Brandon Webb 2009
    Erik Badard 2010

All Had Labrum Surgery. A hand full of them were still successful after the surgery. Al Leiter had the surgery and when he came back from it; he still threw 97. I'm just quoting what he said on the broadcast. So there is a lot of hope, that he can come back from this. Oh you can throw Jack Peavy in their too.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 04-25-2012 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    First the Cliff Lee debacle and now this freaking disaster...Yea, you are probably correct! Maybe Cashman can pull a fast one on them in July..

vCash
    Pineda will never throw over 90 ever again.....Some of you are just trying to be too optimistic and are in denial......

Labrum issues are bad....This is terrible news and this is very unfortunate for the Yanks...

if he does come back I just see him as a reliever or a 5th starter at best....Forget the #2 slot!

Cole Hamels anyone?
    I'm not a baseball player, I'm a swimmer. And I had the EXACT SAME surgery my sophomore year of high school, only mine was a dislocation and was much more severe than the injury Pineda has (which, by all accounts, is not bad as far as labrums go).

Anyways, I had the surgery in December. By July, I was already putting up best times and I wasn't even working hard. I went to therapy three times per week and NEVER did my home exercises.

Pineda has a world class, full-time athletic training staff, a renowned surgeon, etc. If anyone can make a comeback, it'll be him.

Brandon Webb had a more severe version of this, and when he was rehabbing, he messed up his rotator cuff. If anything, this has Chris Carpenter or Jake Peavy 2.0 written all over it.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Small tears do not always show up in MRI's....Cashman was just embarrassed!
    Actually, you're wrong on this. I have a small tear in my labrum right now, and it showed up on the MRI.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast