Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ryan Kesler and Alex Edler may need surgery

Kesler:

To clarify, Kesler does have a shoulder injury and doctors will determine whether surgery is best option. Hurt it in February.
    https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/stat...14337146290176

Add that to the fact that he was slowed down by his offseason hip surgery....

Edler:

Alex Edler has been approached to play for Sweden at the upcoming world championships, but lingering problems with a finger he fractured 10 months ago in the Stanley Cup final may prevent him from accepting.

“I have been contacted, but I don't have any comments about it yet,” said the Canucks defenceman on Tuesday, as the Canucks cleaned out their lockers. “ I have to go to a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then I'll make a decision.”

Edler had two fingers on his right hand broken by a slash in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final last June. In early September, he said one of them still hadn't healed. Apparently, it's still not recovered – although Edler said it caused him no issues playing this past season.

“I still have an issue with my fingers from last year's final,” he said. “One still hasn't healed yet. It's not like it's been bothering me all year, but if there's something we can do about it I might consider that.

We'll have to see.”

Does that mean surgery?

“I don't know,” said Edler. “I've been playing all year with it and having no problems, but maybe it's better to have something done now.”
    © Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz1t0EpQens
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I can understand that it's tough to play injured. But shoulder injuries affect your shooting, not your passing, and Kesler's biggest problem this year was tunnel-vision. If you can't shoot dude, SHARE the ****ing puck.

It's Kesler's decision-making that needs fixing. Any surgical procedure for that?

vCash
    This is exactly why he should have been moved to the wing. I still believe we need another center man and kes should be a winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    This is exactly why he should have been moved to the wing. I still believe we need another center man and kes should be a winger.
    And the backstory to the Cody saga makes it clear that Gillis wanted to get rid of him via trade all along so it was pointless to put him on Kesler's line as that C you're talking about. I agree. If Kesler stays he needs to convert to the wing. Question is, will his shot return? Or is his body breaking down to the point where his game is permanently affected?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    But Kesler is great at center so I don't understand that logic. 53.6 faceoff % is outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    But Kesler is great at center so I don't understand that logic. 53.6 faceoff % is outstanding.
    He can still take faceoffs as a winger. Playing him at wing wouldn't be a bad strategy considering how much he loves to shoot and how little he passes. Acquiring a playmaking C wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    He can still take faceoffs as a winger. Playing him at wing wouldn't be a bad strategy considering how much he loves to shoot and how little he passes. Acquiring a playmaking C wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    You can be a playmaking winger or a scoring center. Player type isn't defined by position.

vCash
    Well either way, we need to acquire a playmaker for the 2nd line.

<3

vCash
    Agreed

Ray Whitney on a one year deal?

vCash
    Kesler to the wing and Hodgson as 2nd line center would have been perfect. Instead, we fail at life.
    TAKE PRIDE