Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gillis: "Cody did not want to be a Canuck"

He also said he had ""more problems in the past three years with Cody than he has had with any other players combined"

vCash
    That doesn't mean he had to trade him for what he traded him for. No disrespect to Kassian, but Cody had more value than that even with the behind-the-scenes problems.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This is a general comment not limited to the issues with Cody: never thought I'd say this but today Gillis just looked like a stubborn ***. It's one of the first times where I didn't buy a single word he said. None of it.

Peaking in January?? Able to rise to ONE game per season. That is probably the stupidest admission I've ever heard from a GM. Come on. Every other team plays 82 games and then the post-season. Obviously you're not championship material if you can only raise your game ONCE for one team.

And the "ups and downs" comment is unbelievable. Let's hope he gives Raymond a raise so the stubborn GM can be replaced asap. Sober up Mike, we need change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    That doesn't mean he had to trade him for what he traded him for. No disrespect to Kassian, but Cody had more value than that even with the behind-the-scenes problems.
    Agreed. And it doesn't mean he had to trade him WHEN he traded him. Like you've said before, that deal was there to be made in the summer. It's not like Hodgson was pulling down the whole team at the time of the trade. He was just irritating the coach and GM and that's a lousy reason to detonate the team's scoring. But then again, Gillis has always over-estimated the offensive abilities of this team. Has he ever heard of the term "career year"? Which is what Raymond had two years ago and Kesler had last year.

vCash
    He should've kept CoHo for the rest of the season, and not follow through a panic move. Could've packaged him this off-season along with one of our goalies for a real game-changer.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Agreed. And it doesn't mean he had to trade him WHEN he traded him. Like you've said before, that deal was there to be made in the summer. It's not like Hodgson was pulling down the whole team at the time of the trade. He was just irritating the coach and GM and that's a lousy reason to detonate the team's scoring. But then again, Gillis has always over-estimated the offensive abilities of this team. Has he ever heard of the term "career year"? Which is what Raymond had two years ago and Kesler had last year.
    I think one of the problems is how Gillis and AV are tight. Av hates prospects, Gillis listens to AV and gets rid of Hodgson. I think either one or the other needs to go since they both contributed to the problem this year. One of my gripes with AV is his lack of patience with prospects.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Gillis really let us down. He panicked and made a move when he didn't have to. There was no good reason for that move to be made at the trade deadline.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Here's a list of players Gillis was targeting:

4. In the March 6 edition of this blog, I mentioned that Vancouver "targeted" a few players in a possible Cody Hodgson deal. Zack Kassian was one, obviously. I also noted Brandon Sutter, who the Carolina Hurricanes love, and made an educated guess at John Carlson (which appears to be true). Canucks GM Mike Gillis said Tuesday there were six players. According to a couple of sources, sounds like the fourth was Erik Gudbranson and the fifth Kyle Clifford. No. 6? Not sure.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

<3

vCash
    Sutter,Carlson and Gudbranson make sense, they are top prospects and two of them are already logging bit time NHL minutes. Clifford is kind of random, Canucks could have drafted him if they wanted him that bad...he went 10 picks after Schroeder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Absolutely, to me he pushed him out the door way too quickly. I get that they had 5 centermen on the roster but really you cannot work in a kid who was working his tail off as a ROY candidate into the rotation over Malholtra, Pahlsson and Lapierre. It's not a good move IMO. What he got back is quite attrocious.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.