Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Round 2, who plays who sits?

Kubina should be a scratch in round 2 even if that means Bartulis has to play. Forwards shouldn't change from game 6 againest pitts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Kubina should be a scratch in round 2 even if that means Bartulis has to play. Forwards shouldn't change from game 6 againest pitts.
    i disagree about kubina. it depends on the matchup. playing a team like the rangers or boston, they need a big body defenseman back there. not that bart isn't, but they don't make em much bigger than kubina.

speed team, i agree. big, strong, physical team, kubina needs to play.

vCash
    I don't expect forwards to change.

Even ignoring the goal, Gustafsson looked good in game 6. Maybe I just like him, but I really don't get the reason for Lilja and Kubina to be in the lineup ahead of him. Hopefully Grossmann can come back:

Grossmann - Coburn: back together
    Timmonen - Carle: seem to be playing well together when they are together
    Gus - Lilja: Meszaros when he's ready. Think he will throw Gus in with Carle occasionally too to keep Timmonen fresh.

vCash
    I know JVR is just coming back from injury, but he really needs to work on getting back game shape....I'm not blaming him for being put into the lineup as quick as he was, he just seemed a step behind all game....

I didn't mind Kubina in the game....Kubina plays his game....he won't be here after this season so it looks like he's going through the motions out there....but I think once it sets in that this team is deep enough talent-wise to go to the CUP he'll wake up and be a little more of a force....he has problems against quicker teams because he's not "fleet of foot" out there....Rangers, Bruins, would be teams he'll look very good against....Ottawa, NJ, Washington, even Florida would cause him problems...but he'll be fine in the long run...

vCash
    forwards should remain the same... JVR will be fine.

Bor - Bart - Gus swing with those 3....

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    I'm not worried about JVR at all. As someone else said in another thread, anything he gives us is a bonus on top of the penalties he's not taking. An extra week of practice and a couple games under his belt will do him good. I expect to see his name on the scoresheet more than a couple of times next series.

Honestly, I don't think we see Kubina much the rest of the playoffs. Lavy didn't want to play him in the first place, and when he's been forced to, Kubina has still barely seen the ice at all. I'm willing to sacrifice some size in order to get a better skater out there.

Then again, we're talking about 5 minutes (or less) per game. Kubina has seen his minutes decrease in each game he's played this series. If a switch is made, it might not have that big of an effect, as long as Coburn, Carle and Gus can continue to carry the load.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Forwards are good. Gus was impressive in his 2 games. I dont care who plays honestly as long as Kubina and Lilja arent together. When they dump it in our zone and they go and chase it, its like slow motion.

vCash
    I think G needs to sit. 14 points in 6 games is completely unacceptable, plus his effort just wasn't there the entire series.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45999&dateline=133521  2357

vCash
    I trust Lavy to make the right decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    I trust Lavy to make the right decision.
    agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    I don't expect forwards to change.

Even ignoring the goal, Gustafsson looked good in game 6. Maybe I just like him, but I really don't get the reason for Lilja and Kubina to be in the lineup ahead of him. Hopefully Grossmann can come back:

Grossmann - Coburn: back together
    Timmonen - Carle: seem to be playing well together when they are together
    Gus - Lilja: Meszaros when he's ready. Think he will throw Gus in with Carle occasionally too to keep Timmonen fresh.
    I like this. Any update on Grossmann's health?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    I like this. Any update on Grossmann's health?
    he practiced the day before Game 6, but no update since then. Flyers practice today so i'm sure there will be an update during practice.

vCash
    Gross should be fine come game 1. No signs of headaches or vision loss. He should be back up in the lineup unless something odd happens

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Looks like these will be the lines

1. C-Claude Giroux, RW-Jaromir Jagr; LW-Scott Hartnell
    2. C-Danny Briere, RW-Jakub Voracek; LW-James van Riemsdyk
    3. C-Brayden Schenn, RW-Wayne Simmonds; LW-Matt Read
    4. C-Sean Couturier; RW-Eric Wellwood; LW-Max Talbot

Defense pairings
    1. Nick Grossmann & Brayden Coburn
    2. Matt Carle & Kimmo Timonen
    3. Andreas Lilja & Eric Gustafsson
    Source: Randy Miller

vCash
    Say what you will but bottom line is, how far the Flyers go in each series will depend on Bryz. His play has been so very inconsistent if we score 3/goals or less per game we will have a hard time winning unless the Bryz who showed up in march show's up now.

The Devils are not as fast as the Penguins so Kubina should have a decent series,we can use his shot from the point on the power plays.I would rather have Kubina than Lilja or Bart who would be the emergency d-man only.

I think we match up well with the Devils and could win it in five,unless the bad Bryz shows up again then we will be in trouble,Devils have way to much offense ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast