Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Series Results/What is the Key to The Series For the Flyers?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Win in 5

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Win in 6

24 68.57%
  • Flyers Win in 7

4 11.43%
  • Flyers Lose in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Lose in 5

1 2.86%
  • Flyers Lose in 6

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Lose in 7

0 0%
  • Flyer's Defense

4 11.43%
  • Flyer's Offense

0 0%
  • Flyer's Goaltending

5 14.29%
  • Flyer's Special Teams

8 22.86%
  • Flyer's Coaching

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT Round 1: FLYERS DEFEAT PENGUINS 4-2

GAME 6
    Sunday April 22nd, 2012
    12:00 PM ET
    TSN, NBC (HD)

SERIES STARS

Claude Giroux
    (5g - 6a - 11pts)

Danny Briere
    (4g - 3a - 7pts)

Jaromir Jagr
    (1g - 6a - 7pts)

GOALTENDING

Ilya Brygalov
    (3-2, 4.55 GAA, .848 SV %)

Sergei Bobrovsky
    (0-0, 8.11 GAA, .722 SV %)

SERIES STARS

Jordan Staal*
    (6g - 3a - 9pts)

Sydney Crosby
    (3g - 5a - 8pts)

Evgeni Malkin
    (2g - 5a - 7pts)

GOALTENDING

Marc-Andre Fleury
    (2-3, 4.70 GAA, .837 SV %)

Brent Johnson
    (0-0, 6.00 GAA, .667 SV %)

Injuries*/Suspensions

Code:
    D Marc-Andre Bourdon hasn't practiced since leaving Game 1. He is suspected to have a concussion.
    D Nicklas Grossmann was hit in the first period of Game 4 by Penguins C Tyler Kennedy and C Evgeni Malkin. He is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
    D Andrej Meszaros has done some light skating, but not with the team and not in full pads. He's recovering from a back injury.
    RW Tom Sestito has returned to practice from a torn groin.
    Code:
    D Paul Martin missed Game 4 with an undisclosed injury.
    *According to yahoosports.com
    Last edited by koldjerky; 04-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    A Return To Playoff Hockey

The Flyers-Penguins Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series has certainly gone though it's share of storylines, at the center of which has been the super-powered offense that each team has displayed.

But after four games that saw a brand of hockey not normally seen in the playoffs, with the exception perhaps being Game One's overtime thriller, last night's game saw a complete 180 turn in many of those storylines.

Consider some of the facts.

The team that has gone on to score the first goal in the game has lost ALL five games of the series. In the beginning it was the Flyers who were dominated early on. Their slow starts would put them behind and force them to play catch up through the final 40-plus minutes. The Flyers won Games One and Two having caught the Penguins.

In the two most recent games, the Flyers have jumped out to early leads and ended up dropping those contests.

Last night's game also saw something the series hasn't seen yet - A scoreless period.

Throughout the series at least one goal had been put in the net in 15 consecutive periods (counting overtime in Game One). The third period saw a total of 22 shots hit the net, 14 of which came from the Flyers, but none found the back of the net.

"Certainly the last 12 or 10 minutes of that period I thought we were really good. We we're strong in the offensive zone and we were pressing," said Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette. "Last night there were a lot of positives, but positive's don't cut it. We have to find a win."

The game also saw a series low of five total goals scored, and for the first time, a goal was NOT scored in the game's first 10 minutes of play. In fact, in each of the first four games at least TWO goals were scored in the opening 10 minutes of the game.

What Game Five did feature that has been constant throughout the series is the incredible success rate of special teams.

The Flyers recorded both of their goals on the power-play, going 2-for-5 and increasing their playoff total to a staggering 55 percent through five games (11-for-20)… Their 11 goals ties a franchise record for most power-play goals in a playoff series and are more than 10 of the 16 teams in the playoffs total goal output in their respective series.

Whatever the trends may be, the Flyers are focused on just one thing, playing a full 60 minutes. They are confident that, plus the fired up crowd at the Wells Fargo Center for Game Six, will help them close out the series and advance to the Semifinals for the second straight year.

"We get fired up when we [hear] God Bless America, warming up in front of our fans [and] the sea of orange. Just everything about playing at home gives you an extra boost," said Scott Hartnell. "We're definitely going to need the fans to be a hundred percent in our corner, and no matter what happens to cheer for us right until the end and you believe that we're gonna win."
    http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home
    Last edited by koldjerky; 04-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000

QUARTERFINALS

Code:
    GAMES	           DATES	        PLACE	         TIME	       TV
    Game 1	      Wed., April 11	FLYERS at Pittsburgh	7:30 pm	   CSN, NBCSN
    Game 2	      Fri., April 13	FLYERS at Pittsburgh	7:30 pm	   CSN, NBCSN
    Game 3	      Sun., April 15	Pittsburgh at FLYERS	3:00 pm	   NBC
    Game 4	      Wed., April 18	Pittsburgh at FLYERS	7:30 pm	   CSN, NBCSN
    Game 5        Fri., April 20	FLYERS at Pittsburgh	7:30 pm	   CSN, NBCSN
    Game 6        Sun., April 22	Pittsburgh at FLYERS	12:00 pm   TSN, NBC
    * Game 7      Tue., April 24	FLYERS at Pittsburgh	TBD	   TBD

*If Necessary

Flyers Victory
    Penguins Victory
    Last edited by koldjerky; 04-27-2012 at 02:33 AM.

vCash
    cant wait!!! flyers in 6.. anybody going next sunday?

vCash
    Flyers in 6. not sure if anybody seen this im sure most of u did i think its funny

http://youtu.be/uZ8iqJDJb8o

vCash
    Flyers is 6. I love the defensive pressure we put on Malikn and Cros*****... it frustrates the hell out of them.

Easily the best picture taken in the last 2 years

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...lly/Crosby.jpg
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

vCash
    wow very funny I also voted Flyers in 6 before reading this thread. Popular choice

If the Flyers win this series (which in an unbiased, hockey-enthusiast opinion I firmly believe they will) it will be because of Couturier and Schenn. If they stay healthy and on top of their game despite the pressure, I think the Flyers have no problem winning this series. Also add on the fact they have owned the penguins as of late, they have no problem with beating Fluery, and we have an insider with Talbot.

Mr. Laviolette and Mr. Holmgren made a point to build a team that is stacked with 2 way forwards, and this series will prove why its effective

(then if we face Boston or NYR we'll see the many flaws lol)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillysPhinest View Post
    cant wait!!! flyers in 6.. anybody going next sunday?
    there is no better experience in philly sports then a Flyers playoff game, especially against a rival. I bit that financial bullet just once, worth every penny, but its not in my budget anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    there is no better experience in philly sports then a Flyers playoff game, especially against a rival. I bit that financial bullet just once, worth every penny, but its not in my budget anymore

i've wanted to go SO badly, but i've just never had the opportunity.

i agree, though. even watching from TV, i don't think there's a better playoffs than playoff hockey.

vCash
    Lets Go Flyers!!!

vCash
    The key is Flyer's Special Teams and I really think that Flyers will beat Penguins.

vCash
    wow Wednesday seems so far away!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvoff View Post
    The key is Flyer's Special Teams and I really think that Flyers will beat Penguins.
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvoff View Post
    My vote goes for Penguins in 6.
    Uh...

vCash

Nice find, Ruckus.

Briere and Grossmann practicing today is great news. Can't believe there are still two days to go before puck drop. It feels like we've already been waiting a week.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    I already needed the Flyers to win this just to maintain sanity living here in Pittsburgh. Now I need it even more to distract myself from how old and terrible the Phillies look right now.

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast