Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    it not meant as trade its meant we would not be able to pay them all under salary cap so as to say which player would be gone in order to get under the cap
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    Weber is a UFA this year so I am not trading anyone to Nashville for Weber. Cause they will want Simon Despres, Neal, Staalsy or even Scott Harrington. That would only to be able to have full negotiation rights to Weber. We got semi burnt by doing that with Dan Hamhuis and I dont want that to happen again.

But why does everyone want to trade away big Z? Why not trade away Brooks Orpik? He makes just about the same as Big Z AND Brooks is 2 years older. They are both strong defensively. If i had to pick between who I would want to keep between Brooks and Big Z I am taking Big Z.
    Weber is an RFA, which means that we would have to deal Nashville a lot of draft picks to get him, something along the lines of 2 first rounders, a second and a third (those are the actual compensation rules). We need to trade for him. I'd be fine with losing Harrington, but i want to keep Despres and Morrow. I also want to see them keep tangredi, he looked pretty good in the playoffs. We wouldn't trade Neal, we just re-signed him, but we might have to trade staal or geno, which in the case of geno, we could get a lot back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    it not meant as trade its meant we would not be able to pay them all under salary cap so as to say which player would be gone in order to get under the cap
    yeah, if we were to trash Martin, and in that potential trade, Staal or Geno would be gone, then we would have enough money

vCash
    loose martin fine trade staal or geno and you start to get into a major line up over hall which we need to avoid, change is not alway for the better. weber is awesome d man just dont think he is worth it for amount of money and players it will take to get him

vCash
    Sorry guys. My bad I totally knew Weber was a RFA just had a brain fart. Yeah I think the price would be too much for Weber. I would be ok with trading Martin or Orpik and Staalsy if Staalsy is asking for at least $5 mil per.
    Also I would have a hard time getting rid of Scott Harrington. He played really well for Canada in the World Junior Championships this past year.

vCash
    i am ok with dumping martin and orpik i like but would deal with it i guess NO WAY WE LET STAAL GO WOULD OF HAD 30 GOLS 60 points at least if didnt miss 6 wees with knee injury for a shutdown center just plain no way no how no sir not a chance in hell worst move team could make

vCash
    I just heard an interesting idea from an article. It was Staal and Martin for MacArthur and Franson. We get another young defenseman who is NHL ready (he is really more of an offensive D) and a scoring winger to play with Sid. It clears up about 3 million, so we could trade some more players to go after Weber. The actual idea was Kulemin, but i changed it to be fairer.

vCash
    wouldn't trade staal for all three they can have martin for free. we loose any trade where we dont get best player back and none of them are close to staals level or value

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    wouldn't trade staal for all three they can have martin for free. we loose any trade where we dont get best player back and none of them are close to staals level or value
    The Oilers won the Gretzy trade, and they lost him. We need depth right now, and Staal is a perfect candidate to be moved. Young, good leader, contract ends soon, in his prime, great 2-way player, and has the highest value can all be used to describe him. A rumor i heard is pretty much Staal for Yakupov, but in that case, we'd have more wingers than centers to play with (Sully, Yakupov, Dupuis, Neal, and Kunitz all are top-6 players). But the thing i don't get is why they'd do that, they want immediate help, not help a few years from now. Yakupov could jump in right away and score like crazy, but what if he doesn't and gets sent back to Sarnia? We'd lose Staal for nothing for next year. If we make that trade, Yakupov better be playing with Sid, and damn, he better be scoring. He would need to know that we lost Staal for him, and that will be a huge burden if he couldn't at least follow up

vCash
    Oilers Received:
    Jimmy Carson
    Martin Gelinas
    $15MM in Cash
    the Kings' first round draft picks in 1989, 1991, and 1993
    Edmonton Oilers traded Wayne Gretzky, Mike Krushelnyski and Marty McSorley to the Los Angeles Kings for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 1st round selection (later traded to the New Jersey Devils - Jason Miller) in 1989, 1st round selection (Martin Rucinsky) in 1991, 1st round selection (Nick Stajduhar) in 1993 and cash.
    Source(s):

really dont think you can say that edmonton one that deal Martin Gelinas and Martin Rucinsky where solid nhl playersbut nothing special really think edmonton won that trade and it not close

vCash
    trade staal and our defense looses its best forward and two way player down the middle malkin is first one out of the zone every time and sid trys to be to pretty to many behind the back or no look passes in front of our net

vCash
    I think we can trade Staal and sign Paul Gaustad so we have a defensive center on our third line.

vCash
    The Staal-Yakupov trade is becoming more popular, i heard a lot of people today talking about it

vCash
    thing is gaustad wants 3 to 4 million a year or so the rumors go thats only a little less than staal will get and staal is a much better player on offense and slighty better on d guastad is much better at the tough guy part though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    The Staal-Yakupov trade is becoming more popular, i heard a lot of people today talking about it
    nothing against yakupov he wiil be excellent on offense player but we can already score are d is what sucked in playoffs. that trade happens say hello to first round exits from playoffs more often than not

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast