Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Yeah think of letang, and that is what kind of player he is. A tall, fast offensive/2-way D. Harrington is a sturdy, defensive D that showed this year that he also has an offensive upside. What about Bennet, will he play in the NHL next year?
    Bennet would have to have one of the best camps ever to make the team. He hasn't played in the AHL at all and the team has too many forwards as is

vCash
    I agree with Tomahwak no way Bennett breaks camp with the Pens it will be nice to track him in the AHL though. The Penguins also have two other interesting forwards who should be debuting in the AHL next season in Paul Thompson and Brian Gibbons. So there is finally a little bit of forward talent starting to emerge but its going to take at least another year to get here.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    What do you think of a trade to swap defenseman?

Pens: Volchenkov

NJ: Martin

He would be the hitter and shot blocker we are craving besides Orpik in our zone

vCash
    I would love to have Volchenkov but I think it would take more than Martin to bring him here. I know he has ties to New Jersey but with the season he just had, I don't think it's quite fair value wise. If we were to throw in something else I think we might be in the right area. I believe their salaries are comparable as well

vCash
    Volchenkov was being talked about as a healthy scratch by some Devil fans so it's possible. But his contract is ugly too

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

vCash
    I personally think Volchenkov is better and while he is signed for 1 more year than Paul Martin, he actually makes $750K less per year

vCash
    I agree Volchenkov is better than Martin, but he isn't doing any better in NJ's system then Paul Martin is doing in our system at the moment. This is why I feel it would be a good swap the salaries are comparable and as stated by MG3 he has been a healthy scratch a bit because he isn't a good fit for NJ's system. I believe our defensive scheme will change next year and you will see more players clearing the front of the net, and more defenseman checking. This is where I believe Volchenkov will fit into our new system and NJ's system well.

I believe we will go after these defenseman:

Bryan Allen
    Willie Mitchell
    Ryan Suter (We may possibly go all out to shore up our Defense)
    Tim Gleason
    Andy Sutton
    Sheldon Souray
    Scott Hannan
    Shane O'Brien

Goalies:
    Josh Harding
    Evgeni Nabokov
    Martin Biron

Forwards:
    Stated many earlier but I will add to that list

Brian Rolston
    Jamie Langenbrunner
    Dustin Penner
    Ray Whitney
    Travis Moen
    Brad Wincester
    Brad Boyes

vCash
    I also believe we will try to unload Zbynek Michalek and Paul Martin for cap space, and to revamp our defense with more aggressive players. I feel we may try to switch our system to be be fast and aggressive in the offensive zone, and aggressive and punishing in our defensive zone.

vCash
    Unloading Martin is easier said than done. Not many teams would take him. Maybe they should bury him in the minors. Right now, he isn't "untradable", but he is pretty close. Michalek hasn't been bad, we will be keeping him. I hope we get Hedberg as a backup goalie, and i would be fine with getting Volechankov, but i hope we go for someone that isn't signed for that many years. I'd like to see a Czech-shutdown pair, i think that they would play well together. I've been saying that we should get Suter, but he will demand 7 million, and we don't have the cap space to do this. Also, with the contracts of Sid, Malkin and Staal ending, we will have to give them a raise, so we would have even less space.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-24-2012 at 12:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I agree Volchenkov is better than Martin, but he isn't doing any better in NJ's system then Paul Martin is doing in our system at the moment. This is why I feel it would be a good swap the salaries are comparable and as stated by MG3 he has been a healthy scratch a bit because he isn't a good fit for NJ's system. I believe our defensive scheme will change next year and you will see more players clearing the front of the net, and more defenseman checking. This is where I believe Volchenkov will fit into our new system and NJ's system well.

I believe we will go after these defenseman:

Bryan Allen
    Willie Mitchell
    Ryan Suter (We may possibly go all out to shore up our Defense)
    Tim Gleason
    Andy Sutton
    Sheldon Souray
    Scott Hannan
    Shane O'Brien

Goalies:
    Josh Harding
    Evgeni Nabokov
    Martin Biron

Forwards:
    Stated many earlier but I will add to that list

Brian Rolston
    Jamie Langenbrunner
    Dustin Penner
    Ray Whitney
    Travis Moen
    Brad Wincester
    Brad Boyes
    I must admit, I have a bit of a man crush on these guys lol. I even named my tortoise (RIP) Sheldon

vCash
    Remember, post rumors on here too, i haven't heard many yet, but if you hear any, feel free to post them. Also, i hope that Shero actually does something, unlike at the trade deadline. Also, Nabokov is signed for next year

vCash
    As a Flyers fan, what I worry about most is Pitt getting

A) a good winger to go with Crosby or Malkin...you have Neal but he can only play on one line.

B) a buzzsaw type defender.

If I were Shero, I'd look to Columbus at Rick Nash. Nash wants to play for a winner, and everyone knows he /has/ to be traded. Staal, Tangradi and a pick maybe?

On D, Volchenkov sounds about perfect. Martin may not be enough to get it done, but if the Devs are down on him, I wonder if you can find a way to make it happen. I'm also not sure what your cap situation is like, and I know Nash has a pretty big hit.

I can tell you, I'd hate to see Nash and A-Train on your team. I think that would "fix" most of the problems your team may have.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Nash didn't play well with Sid at the Olympics, so idk about getting him. I'd love to get Volechankov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Nash didn't play well with Sid at the Olympics, so idk about getting him. I'd love to get Volechankov
    Put him with Malkin then and Neal with Sid

vCash
    I doubt we have what it takes to get Nash without really blowing up the team. He has a big cap hit and Martin/Michalek won't interest a rebuilding team. One of the big 3 would have to go and at that point, are we really that much better?

Volchenkov on the other hand may be attainable. That would be a great addition

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast