Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markus8771 View Post
    he will be 38 when this current contract expires
    I know like I said just a strange feeling I have always had. Probably nothing to it but I've always felt that way.
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 06-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markus8771 View Post
    i think we should stop talking about geno leaving cause we all know he it NOT going ANYWHERE
    I highly doubt he is going anywhere either but I'm willing to admit there's at least a slim chance Gino goes elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I highly doubt he is going anywhere either but I'm willing to admit there's at least a slim chance Gino goes elsewhere.
    I just dont see him doing it...what does any other team offer what we can't? Why would he leave a team where he has won 2 art ross, 1 hart, 1 con smythe, 1 cup. Plus he will eventually make the hall of fame and both he and crosby I think if they stay the majority of their careers here will have statues of themselves along with Mario

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    I just dont see him doing it...what does any other team offer what we can't? Why would he leave a team where he has won 2 art ross, 1 hart, 1 con smythe, 1 cup. Plus he will eventually make the hall of fame and both he and crosby I think if they stay the majority of their careers here will have statues of themselves along with Mario
    Long time away from talking statues but like I said I really do think he will stay.

vCash
    i just want a cup this year the season needs to start

vCash
    Random Q, is anyone else happy that the Pirates aren't terrible this year? I watched them get an early lead, blow that lead and go down by a lot, and then tie it up. Is this the year of the Bucks? Probably not

vCash
    Haha, you should join us in the Bucs forum. Not the most active out there but it has definitely picked up as of late. Exciting times to be a Pirate fan with the team competing and maintaining a high level of play, add to that that we have some quality players in the minors... the days of truly contending are close.

I called 85 wins before the season and I am sticking to it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Haha, you should join us in the Bucs forum. Not the most active out there but it has definitely picked up as of late. Exciting times to be a Pirate fan with the team competing and maintaining a high level of play, add to that that we have some quality players in the minors... the days of truly contending are close.

I called 85 wins before the season and I am sticking to it
    If we get meals to blow another game for us and send us on a 20 game losing streak, we could end up with a losing record. I'm still mad about that

Why are there never any Crosbys in baseball? It always seems like there are a lot of Gaboriks or Parises, star players, but there are never any super stars like Sid
    Last edited by penguins2946; 06-30-2012 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    We resigned Thiessen to a 1 year deal:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...iessen-642674/

Like the article says, I doubt he makes much of an impact at the NHL level but I think it's a good signing and I'm actually surprised he signed with us, knowing he would be in the AHL again. I'm not saying he would have been made a starter but at the same time, he has done extremely well in the AHL and held his own when he was up here. I think he could have been made a backup elsewhere

vCash
    2 big things today:

Niskanen signs 2 year, 2.3 million annual contract and Colby Armstrong is bought out by Leafs. The reason the 2nd one is big is because the Pens have interest. A LOT of interest

vCash
    good news

vCash
    Pens are offering Parise 10 years, between 75 and 80 million. He better sign

vCash
    I wont lie I would love to see us grab Suter or Garrison for a slot next to Letang. Then trade Martin to Nashville and get them to throw in Radulov. If we miss out on grabbing Parise why not take a shot at offering Semin a small contract. Give Malkin some russian teammates/linemates and keep him happy so we can lock him up long term.

Or make everyone happy and give Sid Kunitz and Parise and Malkin Neal and Radulov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I wont lie I would love to see us grab Suter or Garrison for a slot next to Letang. Then trade Martin to Nashville and get them to throw in Radulov. If we miss out on grabbing Parise why not take a shot at offering Semin a small contract. Give Malkin some russian teammates/linemates and keep him happy so we can lock him up long term.

Or make everyone happy and give Sid Kunitz and Parise and Malkin Neal and Radulov.
    I just jizzed from seeing those lines

vCash
    happy about the nisk deal he was my #1 guy 4 me