Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    murray is awesome but not for despres do not trade him in any deal
    I totally agree. If we are going to trade Despres I would like it to be for Weber. But only if Weber resigns with the Pens.

vCash
    I think the most likely scenario is trading Despres for a young, franchise winger in a few years (Benn, Landeskog, Eberle and Ryan are a few examples. In fact, I can assure you that if we try to get Ryan, Despres would be included in that deal)

vCash
    Paul Martin - D - Penguins
    The Penguins are no longer "actively" shopping Paul Martin.
    Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says that even though there has been some interest, he has it on "rock-solid authority" that the defenseman is not being offered around the league. The Penguins are rumored to be primed to make a run at Zach Parise and/or Ryan Suter come July 1, and despite shedding Milan Michalek's salary in a trade with the Coyotes, may have no choice but to still part ways with Martin and the $5 million cap hit that remains for another three years.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Martin will be traded ONCE we sign Suter. Teams are allowed to go over the cap by 10%, which makes the cap essentially 77 million. The good part about that is we don't need to trade a D and end up not signing another.

vCash
    the more time goes bye i think i like the idea of wideman and bryan allen on short term deals maybe 2 year deals and maybe arnott, penner, boyes, hudler. basically not go go crazy in spending add good players in situations to chase the cup or need a big year or two to regain form to get bigger contract after.

The first priority should be crosby, malkin, letang and are other core players signed and happy. Then adding pieces around them. shore up the defensive zone and wingers for crosby.

Think about it this way parise for say 6 years at 7 million per 42million a year for 35 to 40 goals 70-80 points as a plus player who is defensively solid in our zone.

choice 2 arnott say 2 years 3.5 per total 7 million 25-30 goals 55 to 65 points a plus player who is also responseable in our zone and great reputation in locker room. not that parise isnt good in locker room. plus arnott can play point on pp and center or wing.

there are many options like this i guess my point is one of the big names really worth all the money at years and possible cap problems
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Martin will be traded ONCE we sign Suter. Teams are allowed to go over the cap by 10%, which makes the cap essentially 77 million. The good part about that is we don't need to trade a D and end up not signing another.
    that is a big if all signs point to him staying in west
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Paul Martin - D - Penguins

rotoworld
    i believe martin will or will not be traded once free agency starts and we talk to certain players and gage possible interest in coming to the pens.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    think i am really starting to lean tword lower priced guys over big name fa.

love a trade for murray from san jose no despres in deal
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Letang will be expendable by the time his deal is done, this would be our top-6 in 3 years

Morrow-Despres
    Pouliot-Maata
    Harrington-Dumoulin

Letang really has no spot available. He will probably be used as trade bait. He won't be young anymore

vCash
    http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-hoc...n_brian00.html

Sums up Dumoulin pretty well. He is a tank, and puting him on the 3rd pair isn't a knock on him

vCash
    I was having an argument with someone trying to say Suter was a better fit in Detroit than Pittsburgh. This was my exact and long responce:

"You didn't give that good of a reason. I'm pretty sure that he would rather play along Letang with Crosby, Malkin, Neal and possible Parise playing forward than play along Kronwall? (don't know any other good Wings D, but Kronwall's best days are behind him) with Datsyuk (shadow of his former self in 2 years), Zetterberg (nothing but good things to say about him, a top-notch talent), and... uh Filppula? I'm out of good players. Lets break it down:

Pens have:
    A. A new rink
    B. Good travel, minus Winipeg
    C. A young core that Suter, and Parise for that matter, would be a part of
    D. Great supporting cast
    E. 2 superstars and numerous other stars (Fleuy, Neal, Tanger)
    F. Great prospect pool, which means they will always be competative
    G. A great GM that has raped numerous GMs in trades (Staal, Neal and Vokoun)
    H. Already established leadership (Wings C is gone)
    I. Will be contending for Cups for at least 10 years
    J. Unselfish players willing to take less than market value

Wings have:
    A. An old, crappy rink (Joe Lewis isn't nice)
    B. Terrible travel, have to go all over most of USA, which isn't good for Suter
    C. An aging core that will soon be a shadow of its former self
    D. 1 aging superstar and 2 other stars (Zetterberg and Howard, Filppula is close)
    E. Solid, but old, supporting cast
    F. Lost their top 2 D in Lidstrom and Stuart
    G. Good propsect pool, not great, but good
    H. An overrated GM that hasn't made any good moves in awhile
    I. Only be a contender for about 3 or 4 years
    J. A great history and a proud organization

I may have been harsh on the Wings and pampered the Pens, but everything I said is true"

vCash
    July 1st cant come soon enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I was having an argument with someone trying to say Suter was a better fit in Detroit than Pittsburgh. This was my exact and long responce:

"You didn't give that good of a reason. I'm pretty sure that he would rather play along Letang with Crosby, Malkin, Neal and possible Parise playing forward than play along Kronwall? (don't know any other good Wings D, but Kronwall's best days are behind him) with Datsyuk (shadow of his former self in 2 years), Zetterberg (nothing but good things to say about him, a top-notch talent), and... uh Filppula? I'm out of good players. Lets break it down:

Pens have:
    A. A new rink
    B. Good travel, minus Winipeg
    C. A young core that Suter, and Parise for that matter, would be a part of
    D. Great supporting cast
    E. 2 superstars and numerous other stars (Fleuy, Neal, Tanger)
    F. Great prospect pool, which means they will always be competative
    G. A great GM that has raped numerous GMs in trades (Staal, Neal and Vokoun)
    H. Already established leadership (Wings C is gone)
    I. Will be contending for Cups for at least 10 years
    J. Unselfish players willing to take less than market value

Wings have:
    A. An old, crappy rink (Joe Lewis isn't nice)
    B. Terrible travel, have to go all over most of USA, which isn't good for Suter
    C. An aging core that will soon be a shadow of its former self
    D. 1 aging superstar and 2 other stars (Zetterberg and Howard, Filppula is close)
    E. Solid, but old, supporting cast
    F. Lost their top 2 D in Lidstrom and Stuart
    G. Good propsect pool, not great, but good
    H. An overrated GM that hasn't made any good moves in awhile
    I. Only be a contender for about 3 or 4 years
    J. A great history and a proud organization

I may have been harsh on the Wings and pampered the Pens, but everything I said is true"
    Very well put. Yeah I dont know what it is but before players would take less to sign with Detroit or players just wanted to play there. Its something about putting on that Red Wings jersey I guess. To me I would want to play where its a young core of players where its exciting to come to the rink everyday and where the fans embrace you. Pittsburgh definitely has that. I have to say tho when I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago I saw Tyler Kennedy at the Dick's Sporting Goods at the Robinson Mall and no one bothered him. Now I know he isnt a Sidney Crosby or anyone like that but I approached him and asked for a picture (being from Manitoba Canada dont get to see these guys very often) and after his gf took the picture I was just going to let him continue shopping but he engaged in a conversation with me and we talked for a while. He said that the people of Pittsburgh respect them as normal people and allow them to live their lives. Now when they do charity events or public events then they go crazy for autograpghs and what not but he understands thats part of the job. So I think Pittsburgh would be top on alot of players list to play. A few years ago i dont think that would have been the case.

vCash
    Despres isn't going anywhere unless we get a top two defenseman in return for him. I like the idea of going after smaller cap hit guys who can make a big impact on our club. I think we only need one good solid defender to really help our d.

Think about it
    Letang- fa
    Niskanen- orpik
    Our third pairing can be may combinations

Also Martin will probably be released when the cba is up. All the trading partners wanted us to take back a similar contract in Exchange for him.
    What do you guys think about getting a salary cap casualty like Havlat at say 2.5 million per year if he gets released like Martin hopefully does? Also what do you think of us just grabbing Souray a veteran who can play solid for a few years on our team as a defender till our young defenders develop more?

In all honesty I wanna add speed and have crosby, kane (winnepeg), and havlat on a line. Then malkins line the same. Third line Cooke, Sutter, Tootoo.

So speed line, powerline, checking/hitting line. It would give us an advantage against anyteam. We would still have cap room as well.

vCash
    I just realized that Dumoulin is NHL ready. He played at BCU last year, where he put up stellar numbers. I bet that he could man the bottom pair with Despres. Just imagine:

Letang-Suter
    Orpik-Niskenen
    Despres-Dumoulin

This probably won't happen because Dumoulin and Despres still have a 2-way contract, so they will probably get put in the minors.Both are good enough, but we have too many D on 1 way contracts.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast