Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 841
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    No way is Carle worth that much, that is more than Gonchar in his prime (32-35), and Gonch was amazing. Carle would probably get in between 4-5 million, but he is an improvement over Martin. Wisniewski signed for that much because he was offered so much by the CBJ to make sure that he signed. Erhoff only got 4 million a season, and he is just as good, if not better than Carle. I can see Carle signing for 4 million, but if he gets 2 teams into a bidding war (like what happened with Martin), i can see him getting over 5 million. Carle would be a good 2nd power point QB, and he is a solid 2-way defender. I would love to see Gill back, but he is too old and slow.
    believe me, I know, thats the reason why he wont be a Flyer next season. If he'd take 4-5 million then he wouldnt be going anywhere.

    Some idiot GM will overpay for him (see: Villie Leino)


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    believe me, I know, thats the reason why he wont be a Flyer next season. If he'd take 4-5 million then he wouldnt be going anywhere.

    Some idiot GM will overpay for him (see: Villie Leino)
    I would not be surprised if he is over-paid from the Maple Leafs. But, if he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win, he should come here. The Flyers don't have the money to retain him, especially with the signing of Grossman, so he should come over here. If not him, we need to find a really good 2-way D. There aren't many names out right now, but we will know closer to the draft and July 1st

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,936
    vCash
    1500
    We wouldn't be able to afford Carle without trading someone like Martin, which needs to be done before we can even talk of signing him. I agree we need another defenseman or two but I'm not keen on signing someone like Carle to a heavy contract. We leanred that mistake with the very person we want him to replace, Martin.

    On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to try and trade Crosby, Malkin, or Staal? If a team makes a great offer, you take it but I wouldn't go actively looking to trade one of them. Crosby and Staal are free agents after this season and Malkin the following year. That is plenty of time to figure out what each one is looking for money wise and then if you realize you will not be able to afford them do you start looking. Besides, value tends to be higher at the trade deadline anyway, meaning we could potentially get more for them

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    We wouldn't be able to afford Carle without trading someone like Martin, which needs to be done before we can even talk of signing him. I agree we need another defenseman or two but I'm not keen on signing someone like Carle to a heavy contract. We leanred that mistake with the very person we want him to replace, Martin.

    On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to try and trade Crosby, Malkin, or Staal? If a team makes a great offer, you take it but I wouldn't go actively looking to trade one of them. Crosby and Staal are free agents after this season and Malkin the following year. That is plenty of time to figure out what each one is looking for money wise and then if you realize you will not be able to afford them do you start looking. Besides, value tends to be higher at the trade deadline anyway, meaning we could potentially get more for them
    Everything i said about Carle is not going to happen without losing Martin. I don't want to trade either of the 3 centers, why don't they just give them the same contracts as now, maybe give staal 5 mill a season. We would need to sign Carle to either a 2 or 3 year deal, no more

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500

    offseason

    the pens need another goaltender ,they should go after Bernier with the Kings, he was offered at the trade deadline,and L.A. has Quick,i think him and Fleury would do it.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    589
    vCash
    1500
    People please STOP!!!

    Crosby and Malkin aren't going anywhere.

    Neither is Fleury.

    The only people that it's possible with are Staal, or M&M

    If they can even unload those contracts. I would honestly offer someone like the Islanders Martin and our second/third round pick for their sixth rounder because I just want him gone plus his 5 million dollar salary off the books.



    CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Martin will be gone, but no one else will be, except for some of the UFAs. Sully will be back, he has shown that he can still produce. Asham's goonery is the reason that he will be gone. Johnson is just awful. The Pens should trade Martin to a team in the Western Conference, his style will fit more there. I'd love to see a Martin for Willie Mitchell trade, but that is unlikely. Mitchell has been a tank this year, and he has scored a lot. Another player i'd like is Alex Edler, he plays a similar style to Martin, but he is 5 years younger, can still get better, and has more offensive skill than Martin. Just imagine these pairs:

    Letang-Orpik
    Michalek-Mitchell/Edler (either a top-notch shutdown or a really balanced pair)
    Despres/Niskanen
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,936
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman111 View Post
    the pens need another goaltender ,they should go after Bernier with the Kings, he was offered at the trade deadline,and L.A. has Quick,i think him and Fleury would do it.
    I doubt we go after Bernier. Many teams who are looking for a starting goalie will be going after him this offseason I would imagine. While we could use a solid backup, the teams who are in need will surely offer more than we will/should

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I doubt we go after Bernier. Many teams who are looking for a starting goalie will be going after him this offseason I would imagine. While we could use a solid backup, the teams who are in need will surely offer more than we will/should
    Bernier is way to good to be a back-up, he will be a starter for a team in the near future *cough cough* Blue Jackets *cough cough*. I want to see the Pens get a veteran backup that can still perform and can calm Fleury if he starts sucking

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I just can't wait for Joe Morrow and Simon Despres to make the NHL, why not give them a chance next year? Thoughts on this? Use this to see why:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx6nQwzw9to Morrow

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhKlJ2o7TY Despres

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2b3gfVTcw Harrington

    The prospects at D are encouraging. Maybe Letang will just be another Whitney, grow him then trade him
    Can't wait for Morrow-Despres, either. Despres had a very good Game 6. Strait looked decent, too.

    The video of Morrow's goal, what a play Letang makes there to set him up. Seriously, guys, the idea of trading Letang is preposterous. If the Penguins deal him, fire Shero.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rudemechanical View Post
    Can't wait for Morrow-Despres, either. Despres had a very good Game 6. Strait looked decent, too.

    The video of Morrow's goal, what a play Letang makes there to set him up. Seriously, guys, the idea of trading Letang is preposterous. If the Penguins deal him, fire Shero.
    I think we need to keep Letang because is he is very valuable on the power play but he just makes way to much stupid mistakes. Whether it's a dumb penalty or he inability to play the puck. I think Michalek needs to be playing with Letang all the time so we can have a good defensive defenseman to off-set Letang. I really like how Despres looked in game 6 and I think he deserves a shot to start next season. I don't want Derek Engelland starting again.

    I don't know much about Morrow. Is he a defensive, offensive or two way defenseman?


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,936
    vCash
    1500
    Morrow projects to be an offensive/two-way defenseman. He can play both zones though, he isn't a guy that can only play offense, he's decent in his own end as well

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah think of letang, and that is what kind of player he is. A tall, fast offensive/2-way D. Harrington is a sturdy, defensive D that showed this year that he also has an offensive upside. What about Bennet, will he play in the NHL next year?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    1500
    There is no way the pens will trade Letang...he's become the backbone of our defense. We just need some big bodies...we need some tough guys that can crush someone wen we need it. No team is afraid of our defense.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pensteelermagic View Post
    There is no way the pens will trade Letang...he's become the backbone of our defense. We just need some big bodies...we need some tough guys that can crush someone wen we need it. No team is afraid of our defense.
    Hall Gill, Bryan Allen, Ladislav Smid, Eric Brewer, Luke Schenn, the list goes on with possibilities. Schenn interests me, the leafs have been hinting at trading him for a while, why not find a way to get him? He is only like 22, so he is still young

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •