Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 841
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    I was looking at Dustin Penner's wiki page, and I saw something hilarious that wasn't about the pancakes. If you have a minute, you should look

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I wish I had connections. I bet that he isn't even thinking about that right now, since they won the cup last night
    Ohh yeah there is no way he is thinking about that. Knowing him he wont think about it till like end of June. haha Unless the Kings come to him and start talking about it. He is a very laid back no worries kind of guy.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    Ohh yeah there is no way he is thinking about that. Knowing him he wont think about it till like end of June. haha Unless the Kings come to him and start talking about it. He is a very laid back no worries kind of guy.
    Yeah, he probably knows the situation, so he will just let it roll along. There isn't a reason to rush, he still has like 3 weeks to make a deal happen

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I was looking at Dustin Penner's wiki page, and I saw something hilarious that wasn't about the pancakes. If you have a minute, you should look
    If you have the link you should send it to me.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    I am hearing a lot about Penguins wanting to get bigger as well as get stronger on defense. I think two ideas I would like to think about is

    Penguins: Chris Stewart

    St. Louis: Tyler Kennedy

    They were rumors to have had this trade idea in the beginning of the off season



    Penguins: Guillaume Latendresse

    Minnesota: Dustin Jeffery

    Both trades would add some pop and size to our lineup.



    I think we should then go after:

    Barret Jackman
    Bryan Allen
    Sheldon Souray
    Scott Hannan


    We would add two big wingers and then we add two defensive defenders which could add a new dimension to our team. It would add some toughness, grit, strength and even some size to our team.

    I then all we would need to do, is find a way to get rid of Michalek and Martin to free up more cap space. These additions and subtractions would help us shore up our team a bit.

    Possibly even adding a veteran presence to our team via free agency such as
    Shane Doan, or Brian Rolston or maybe even Dustin Penner who seems to be a popular choice. Maybe even Travis Moen

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Yeah, he probably knows the situation, so he will just let it roll along. There isn't a reason to rush, he still has like 3 weeks to make a deal happen
    Exactly and teams will be calling about him I can guarantee it. I think there will be lots of teams calling him when July 1 comes around. That is if the Kings havent re-signed him by then.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I am hearing a lot about Penguins wanting to get bigger as well as get stronger on defense. I think two ideas I would like to think about is

    Penguins: Chris Stewart

    St. Louis: Tyler Kennedy

    They were rumors to have had this trade idea in the beginning of the off season



    Penguins: Guillaume Latendresse

    Minnesota: Dustin Jeffery

    Both trades would add some pop and size to our lineup.



    I think we should then go after:

    Barret Jackman
    Bryan Allen
    Sheldon Souray
    Scott Hannan


    We would add two big wingers and then we add two defensive defenders which could add a new dimension to our team. It would add some toughness, grit, strength and even some size to our team.

    I then all we would need to do, is find a way to get rid of Michalek and Martin to free up more cap space. These additions and subtractions would help us shore up our team a bit.

    Possibly even adding a veteran presence to our team via free agency such as
    Shane Doan, or Brian Rolston or maybe even Dustin Penner who seems to be a popular choice. Maybe even Travis Moen
    I definitely like the trades alot. I dont think Michalek is the problem in our defense. I think its more so Martin. If we could find a team that will take Martin's contract then I say we jump on that quickly.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    If you have the link you should send it to me.
    It was under transactions "On July 1, 2012, Penner will sign a 1 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins." I assume it was just a troll, because it is gone already haha. Why does wiki let anyone edit whatever they want. Someone eddited Steve Berniers to say:

    "On June 11, 2012, Bernier became the first player to get his name on the cup as the loser. Bernier is a douche who pees sitting down and cost the Devils a chance at winning the Stanley Cup."

    Someone eddited Mike Richards to say:

    "On July 11, 2012, Richards admitted to having a bromance with teammate and former Flyer Jeff Carter, #77."

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I am hearing a lot about Penguins wanting to get bigger as well as get stronger on defense. I think two ideas I would like to think about is

    Penguins: Chris Stewart

    St. Louis: Tyler Kennedy

    They were rumors to have had this trade idea in the beginning of the off season



    Penguins: Guillaume Latendresse

    Minnesota: Dustin Jeffery

    Both trades would add some pop and size to our lineup.



    I think we should then go after:

    Barret Jackman
    Bryan Allen
    Sheldon Souray
    Scott Hannan


    We would add two big wingers and then we add two defensive defenders which could add a new dimension to our team. It would add some toughness, grit, strength and even some size to our team.

    I then all we would need to do, is find a way to get rid of Michalek and Martin to free up more cap space. These additions and subtractions would help us shore up our team a bit.

    Possibly even adding a veteran presence to our team via free agency such as
    Shane Doan, or Brian Rolston or maybe even Dustin Penner who seems to be a popular choice. Maybe even Travis Moen
    That is actually interesting, because the Wild have said that they won't qualify an offer to Latendresse, so that deal could work. I'd rather just get rid of 1, preferably Martin. Josh Yohe pointed it out perfectly. He said:

    "Not knocking Scuds. Just saying stats suggest Scuds and Gill weren't "shutdown" pair. Were on ice for GA in 16 straight games during Cup run

    and

    "Pens allowed 64 goals in '09 Cup run. Scuderi was on ice for 31 of them (48 percent). Not saying he isn't good. Draw your own conclusions."

    He even went to saying that Michalek is a better Scuderi

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    It was under transactions "On July 1, 2012, Penner will sign a 1 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins." I assume it was just a troll, because it is gone already haha. Why does wiki let anyone edit whatever they want. Someone eddited Steve Berniers to say:

    "On June 11, 2012, Bernier became the first player to get his name on the cup as the loser. Bernier is a douche who pees sitting down and cost the Devils a chance at winning the Stanley Cup."

    Someone eddited Mike Richards to say:

    "On July 11, 2012, Richards admitted to having a bromance with teammate and former Flyer Jeff Carter, #77."
    Haha that is awesome that you read my post. haha Just kidding. I thought it was going to say something about him being sponsored by Aunt Jemima. The pancake syrup. I think he has something about being their spokesman on Facebook or Twitter. cant remember.
    But yeah that is the only bad thing about Wiki. Anyone can post anything on there.

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    That is actually interesting, because the Wild have said that they won't qualify an offer to Latendresse, so that deal could work. I'd rather just get rid of 1, preferably Martin. Josh Yohe pointed it out perfectly. He said:

    "Not knocking Scuds. Just saying stats suggest Scuds and Gill weren't "shutdown" pair. Were on ice for GA in 16 straight games during Cup run

    and

    "Pens allowed 64 goals in '09 Cup run. Scuderi was on ice for 31 of them (48 percent). Not saying he isn't good. Draw your own conclusions."

    He even went to saying that Michalek is a better Scuderi
    I would agree that Michalek is a better Scuderi. Dont get me wrong I think Scuderi is a great defenseman and he is a tough SOB. But I would still rather take Z over Scuds

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Would anyone mind this deal:

    Staal, a prospect or pick and Martin for Lupul, Schenn and Bozak?

    We would still have about $5 million in cap space,assuming that we resign Niskanen to a $2.5 million salary and Asham to a $775,000 salary. We then could do whatever with that extra $5 million, maybe sign some role players or a legit 6th D that isn't Engelland or Lovejoy. I then said sign Clark to a $1.75 million salary

    http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=6179
    Last edited by penguins2946; 06-13-2012 at 03:18 PM.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    No I dont like that deal. Lupul has gone from team to team and hasn't done much until he found his partner in Kessel is seems. Also Schenn is highly overrated. He wouldnt be a big upgrade from Martin. Schenn doesn't know when to take the body and when to play defense. Also he gives up the puck more in his own zone than Martin does. I know that's a stretch but its true. haha. Bozak I would be ok with. But I dont think he is a good 3rd line center. Which is what we are looking for if we are trading Staal or a top 6 winger to play with Crosby. So if im Shero I am vetoing this trade in a hurry. Unless they include the #5 pick in the draft and what have you heard about Tyler Biggs (RW in the Leafs organization)

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    No I dont like that deal. Lupul has gone from team to team and hasn't done much until he found his partner in Kessel is seems. Also Schenn is highly overrated. He wouldnt be a big upgrade from Martin. Schenn doesn't know when to take the body and when to play defense. Also he gives up the puck more in his own zone than Martin does. I know that's a stretch but its true. haha. Bozak I would be ok with. But I dont think he is a good 3rd line center. Which is what we are looking for if we are trading Staal or a top 6 winger to play with Crosby. So if im Shero I am vetoing this trade in a hurry. Unless they include the #5 pick in the draft and what have you heard about Tyler Biggs (RW in the Leafs organization)
    Along Crosby, he would destroy. Look at the center he had last year, he was a joke. Schenn is still young, so he could easily turn it around. I'd start with:

    Staal and Martin for Schenn, Lupul, Bozak and Kadri

    If he accepts, great, but they should work around that deal. No trades are ever completed on the 1st try, so they should try to get too much on the 1st try. Rather try to get too much and get rejected than ask for too little and have it be accepted

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    469
    vCash
    1500
    In that case what your saying is that we should try and grab the #5 pick instead of Kadri. Im not sold on that guy. I think he is one of those Junior players. A guy who is great in juniors but struggles in the show. But again he is still young as well. With Schenn you gotta think by now he would be better. he has been in the league for 4 years already and I havent seen much improvement in him. In those 4 years if your drafted in the top 5 I need to see you at least show signs of greatness. I havent seen that in Luke Schenn.

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •