Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 841
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that idea is probably one of the dumbest things I have heard. Trading our two best defenseman, when the defense isn't that great to begin with, would be an awful idea.

    Think about it, you have a crappy car that needs a new engine but has a great interior. So to try and improve your car, you would sell your transmission to get new upholstery?

    We need to fix the areas in need, not take away from them and add to the area that is already set.
    Madden is an idiot, but Rossi seems to know what he is talking about. There is something more brewing than we are aware. Something in the locker room. Maybe letang and orpik are a part of it. Honestly, i'd be fine with seeing letang go, but only for a good enough value (like the value i said above). The problem many see with orpik is that he is too old and slow to play still (totally crap).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    55,207
    vCash
    1500
    Mark Madden is a joke and idiot.
    I can see us trading Stall but not Letang or Orpik






  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Letang has been awful this series, remember that is why we lost Gonchar, his series against the Canadians was atrocious. We rode him out of town after that

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Well there were other factors at play there: his contract was up, he was getting older, he wanted too much money, and his defense had been deteriorating.

    I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting losing Letang because of one bad series. Same product but far different situations

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    I just can't wait for Joe Morrow and Simon Despres to make the NHL, why not give them a chance next year? Thoughts on this? Use this to see why:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx6nQwzw9to Morrow

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhKlJ2o7TY Despres

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2b3gfVTcw Harrington

    The prospects at D are encouraging. Maybe Letang will just be another Whitney, grow him then trade him

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    I think the only one with a chance of making it would be Despres, Morrow and Harrington haven't even played in the AHL yet. That would be a very tough jump to make, not impossible, but very, very, unlikely

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I think the only one with a chance of making it would be Despres, Morrow and Harrington haven't even played in the AHL yet. That would be a very tough jump to make, not impossible, but very, very, unlikely
    Morrow would have made the team out of camp last year had it not been for their depth at D. It wouldn't surprise me to see him make the team next year, not as a full time but as an injury replacement. Despres will be a full time player, or at least should be

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Pitt signs Carle 3 years, 9 million
    Not going to happen. If Carle was going to be that cheap, the Flyers would keep him.

    He's probably going to get $5 mil/year or more on the open market.

    And I'll echo the sentiments of others in regard to Mark Madden. What a tool.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Morrow would have made the team out of camp last year had it not been for their depth at D. It wouldn't surprise me to see him make the team next year, not as a full time but as an injury replacement. Despres will be a full time player, or at least should be
    They wouldn't keep him as an injury replacement/7th defenseman. At his age, what he needs is playing time and the occasional NHL game isn't whats best for him. He needs to either make the team outright or play full time in the AHL

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Not going to happen. If Carle was going to be that cheap, the Flyers would keep him.

    He's probably going to get $5 mil/year or more on the open market.

    And I'll echo the sentiments of others in regard to Mark Madden. What a tool.
    I personally don't think that Carle is worth $5M but I agree that in an age where everyone seems to overpay for defenseman (Martin and Michalek), he will be getting more than 3 somewhere.

    Overall, I think Madden is an idiot and the only reason he gets listeners, is because they want to here the next outrageous thing out of his mouth. Occasionally, he will bring up a good point or idea but in regards to Letang and Orpik, this was not one of those times

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I personally don't think that Carle is worth $5M but I agree that in an age where everyone seems to overpay for defenseman (Martin and Michalek), he will be getting more than 3 somewhere.

    Overall, I think Madden is an idiot and the only reason he gets listeners, is because they want to here the next outrageous thing out of his mouth. Occasionally, he will bring up a good point or idea but in regards to Letang and Orpik, this was not one of those times
    Yeah, Carle's actual value is a matter of debate (I'm bullish on him, especially in comparison to most Flyers fans who think he's a bum for some stupid reason) but $3M is less than he's making now, so that's definitely a pipe dream.

    Madden's pretty much the same as any major-market radio jockey...he's paid to be a professional troll, and to pander to the hometown audience. I have heard him make occasionally insightful comments, but most of what he says I can't imagine is anything but a ratings grab rather than something he actually believes.

    If you're forced to listen to his show for whatever reason, one way to make it more bearable is to crank the volume. You can hear him struggle for breath because he's such a fat slob.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,780
    vCash
    1500
    I hope we get rid of Asham


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Yeah, Carle's actual value is a matter of debate (I'm bullish on him, especially in comparison to most Flyers fans who think he's a bum for some stupid reason) but $3M is less than he's making now, so that's definitely a pipe dream.

    Madden's pretty much the same as any major-market radio jockey...he's paid to be a professional troll, and to pander to the hometown audience. I have heard him make occasionally insightful comments, but most of what he says I can't imagine is anything but a ratings grab rather than something he actually believes.

    If you're forced to listen to his show for whatever reason, one way to make it more bearable is to crank the volume. You can hear him struggle for breath because he's such a fat slob.
    Haha I can honestly say that I've never tried turning the sound up, and hopefully will never have to, but I might try it for a laugh

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I hope we get rid of Asham
    Me too. I never really wanted him in the first place and I'm not even sure what his role is. He barely fights anymore, he isn't used on special teams, and isn't a great offensive or defensive forward. I know not everyone needs a role but there are guys out there that could do more for the same amount of money

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully Despres will be in the line-up tonight to show Bylsma that he is better than 1/2 of the defensemen on that team. Despres > Lovejoy, Engelland, Michalek
    Despres = Niskanen, Martin +2

    Also, I'm going to the Winterhawks game tonight, so i'm going to see if Morrow is as good as i hope. It is a game 7 so i want to see him play.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •