Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    a d that can do both is great but he is to expensive we have better places for our money
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    What does everyone think about the goaltending situation. Should we resign Johnson, roll with Thiessen or look for someone else?

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    As much as I like Jonson, I think it is time to move on. He struggled this season and was injured for the last part of it. He also didn't help his cause with his play yesterday. It's time to move on.

I would be fine with Thiessen unless someone inquired about him. If they were willing to trade for him then look for someone else. Not too expensive but competent enough to do well when giving Fleury a breather

vCash
    I'd go try to sign Johan Hedberg, he was a fan favorite, he could teach Fleury for to do the lunging stuff right, and he's an extremely reliable backup. Also, if anyone finds any juicy rumors (true or absurd) feel free to say them. I've been hearing a trade for Iginla for Staal. See, that is an absurd one
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-16-2012 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Hedberg has been decent but I wouldn't say he would be that much of an upgrade over Johnson at this point. Both are only getting older and I'm not sure how much longer Moose could continue his current level of play.

I may have been okay with Staal for Iginla a few years ago but at this point, no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Hedberg has been decent but I wouldn't say he would be that much of an upgrade over Johnson at this point. Both are only getting older and I'm not sure how much longer Moose could continue his current level of play.

I may have been okay with Staal for Iginla a few years ago but at this point, no
    Look at hedberg's stats: 2.23 GAA, .918 Save %, 17-7-2, 4 SO. He can definitely still perform

vCash
    I know he performed well this season but next season he will also be 39. Age would suggest a regression

vCash
    http://thepensblog.com/tpb/april-201...snt-happy.html

If this rumor is true, what kind of return would you hope for in a trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    http://thepensblog.com/tpb/april-201...snt-happy.html

If this rumor is true, what kind of return would you hope for in a trade?
    I actually pointed that out as a reason that the Pens should trade Geno, Staal needs to be the 2nd line center

"Also, do we need 2 super-offensive minded forwards? Staal should be a 2nd line center, and honestly, if i were him, i'd be getting annoyed playing behind both Malkin and Crosby. Crosby is the face of the franchise, and Malkin will always be 2nd wing to Sid."

Also, Mark Madden points out that if the Pens get swept, mega changes could be coming in the offseason. Possibly a Letang for Yakupov trade? That would let us sign Weber. Just a thought
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-17-2012 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Hard to say. I think what it comes down to is if Staal is demanding a trade or just asked for one. I know it sounds similar but if he is demanding a trade, there is no way Shero could get anywhere near fair value for him, other GM's would know he has to be dealt and would have all the negotiating power.

From there it depends on what teams are interested. Obviously need and surplus will be at play here.

I would expect a decent return for Staal. Maybe a top 4 defenseman and an NHL winger or mid level pick/prospect. His value is just so hard to judge. His play hasn't warranted a #2 overall pick (aside from rookie season) but he has been a very solid 3rd line center and strong defensive forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Hard to say. I think what it comes down to is if Staal is demanding a trade or just asked for one. I know it sounds similar but if he is demanding a trade, there is no way Shero could get anywhere near fair value for him, other GM's would know he has to be dealt and would have all the negotiating power.

From there it depends on what teams are interested. Obviously need and surplus will be at play here.

I would expect a decent return for Staal. Maybe a top 4 defenseman and an NHL winger or mid level pick/prospect. His value is just so hard to judge. His play hasn't warranted a #2 overall pick (aside from rookie season) but he has been a very solid 3rd line center and strong defensive forward
    Letang is also on the hot seat now. I hope that if we were to trade Staal or Letang, it would be to the Oilers for Yakupov and such. I know that they'd want Letang, but idk about Staal. If the Penguins want immediate help, don't just go get yakupov. I hope, if it comes down to it, a rebuild like the Flyers did, but not on that scale. For example, try to get prospects that can perform. My ideas:

Draft:
    Pitt trades Letang and a 3rd round pick (Letang was a 3rd round pick)
    Edmonton trades 1st overall pick, Smid, Paajarvi and Omark (omark has said he wants out)

Pitt trades Staal, TK and their 2nd and/or 1st round pick
    Nashville trades Weber, try to pry Gaustad

Resignings:
    Weber: 5 years, 37.5 million
    Gaustad: 3 years, 9 million (about the same as Talbot's deal)
    Omark: 1 year, 875,000 (same as current, see if he can perform)
    Qualify offer to Niskanen
    Yakupov: 3 years, 925,000

Free agency:
    Pitt trades Michalek and Niskanen
    Washington trades Alzner and a 2nd round pick

Pitt trades Lovejoy
    Anyone trades any pick

Pitt trades Engelland
    Anyone trades any pick

Pitt signs Hedberg 1 year, 1.25 million

Pitt signs Carle 3 years, 9 million

Lines:
    Kunitz-Crosby-Yakupov
    Neal-Malkin-Paajarvi
    Cooke-Gaustad-Dupuis
    Adams-Vitale-Omark

Weber-Martin
    Orpik-Smid
    Alzner-Carle
    Despres

Fleury
    Hedberg

*Also can send Yakupov back to Sarnia in OHL

We would have a salary of 66.85 million. However, i'm assuming that the salary cap goes up 3.3 million (average of last few), so the cap would be 67.6 million. We'd have .75 million free.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 04-17-2012 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Just listened to Mark Madden talking with Rob Rossi, they think the most likely guys out are Orpik and Letang, mainly to restock their prospects at forward. Also, they are saying that anyone that doesn't buy into Crosby being the captain (someone who believes Malkin should be, someone who doesn't like sid) should be traded. His quote: "Crosby is the team moving forward. If anyone disagrees, they need to and expect them to be shipped out"

vCash
    glad they arent are gms love orpik and we had a worse record minus letang than we did minus crosby. well i would be open to moving almost any player on team and do believe we need changes to over react would also be not smart
    find some discipline and work ethic

vCash
    Letang and Orpik are the only two that are safe same goes for Geno, Sid, and Fleury. I think Staal should be safe, but we may possibly look at trading options if they feel they cant resign him. I think he would be traded at the trade deadline next year though if he left. I think the only reason players will be traded is because of their cap hits.

vCash
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that idea is probably one of the dumbest things I have heard. Trading our two best defenseman, when the defense isn't that great to begin with, would be an awful idea.

Think about it, you have a crappy car that needs a new engine but has a great interior. So to try and improve your car, you would sell your transmission to get new upholstery?

We need to fix the areas in need, not take away from them and add to the area that is already set.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast