Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I just hope that we get better defensively, idc how. I'd rather trade Malkin AND Staal and win a cup than not win a cup, but i guess everyone is like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MG3 View Post
    Wow I used to believe Staal was underrated. But you guys act like he's a top 20 center in this league. He's not.

So Jordan Staal only concentrates on defense? That makes no sense again. He's not a first line caliber center. He just isn't. He doesn't have that great of a shot but uses his body well to get goals. He's not a playmaker in any sense of the word.

Why wasn't he "leading" the team last year in the playoffs?
    Three points in seven games and was a -2.
    Doesn't have a great shot? Do you forget already the rocket he blew by Bryzgalov in I believe was Game 3 or 4. He has a wicked shot.

How does it not make sense that he concentrates on defense? Dan Bylsma has told him that his role is to shut down the other teams top offensive line. If you get a chance offensively then capitalize but basically shut him down. So he does what Dan tells him to do. He is focused on shutting the other team down. But if Dan would tell him your the top line center. You role is to score goals and put points on the board he will get you 90 points. He is definitely close to a top 20 center in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionPenguin24 View Post
    WOW Thank you for agreeing with my points. Jordan Staal will be a great top line center for a team. Unfortunately i dont think it will be with the Pens. You could add alot more teams to that list you listed off. Like Toronto, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Calgary and Dallas. You put Jordan Staal on that team and that team is in the playoffs for sure and probably not just sneaking into the playoffs either.
    Yeah I agree with you as everyone should we were just plain bad in the series against Philly. All our centers got out played and were out done on the faceoffs. The Flyers couldnt do anything wrong in that series.
    what points did i agree with exactly. you said staal as number one center team would be 6-8 seed i said put him on alot of other teams as number one center team could very easily be top seed.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MG3 View Post
    Wow I used to believe Staal was underrated. But you guys act like he's a top 20 center in this league. He's not.

So Jordan Staal only concentrates on defense? That makes no sense again. He's not a first line caliber center. He just isn't. He doesn't have that great of a shot but uses his body well to get goals. He's not a playmaker in any sense of the word.

Why wasn't he "leading" the team last year in the playoffs?
    Three points in seven games and was a -2.
    staal is not yet a top 20 center in this league. he is close i believe but not yet. yes he is a first line caliber center good size, very god shot, two way responsiblity and good passer great hockey sense or intellience.

ya and who did score in that series no one cant blame one player. you contradict yourself from one post to another. one post he cant be number one center the next he is and can lead teams to playoffs and not just sneaking into them
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    So Jordan Staal only concentrates on defense?

To answer this mg3 is pretty simple here it goes you put a player on 3rd line which is typically your shut down line with other defensive players and he faces other teams number one line. Spends alot of his time on pk and is your third best center on offense but hey being behind malkin and crosby who wouldnt be third best. basically that is his role as third line center.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    I think when the CBA is up the Penguins may get a break and get a chance to release both Martin and Michalek, and most likely try to sign Allen who was our most sought after target this trade deadline

vCash
    Just heard the salary cap will probably go up to 69 million next season, the max being 70 million. We might not even need to buy out martin now

vCash
    just read that sutter wants to stay stay in nashville if they prove to him they want to stay competitive and contender. he also wants 7 plus million a year. he is a great defense man but that is alot of money
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    just read that sutter wants to stay stay in nashville if they prove to him they want to stay competitive and contender. he also wants 7 plus million a year. he is a great defense man but that is alot of money
    That was supposed to be this year, but they screwed up. He definitely will be gone. Both Weber and Suter will be getting similar contracts. Also, if Nashville would have made at least the conference final, they'd probably both stay. But they got man-handled pretty badly by Phoenix, so i believe he will move on else where. Also, that was said near the end of January, when the Predators were cruising, not after they got beaten by the Coyotes
    Last edited by penguins2946; 05-09-2012 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    what points did i agree with exactly. you said staal as number one center team would be 6-8 seed i said put him on alot of other teams as number one center team could very easily be top seed.
    No MG3 said that with Jordan Staal as their #1 center they would be a 6-8 seed team. I have said all along that you change jordan's role from defensive minded to offensive minded he would get average 90 points. I agree that you put Jordan on the teams you listed they are easily a top seed team.

vCash
    No MG3 said that with Jordan Staal as their #1 center they would be a 6-8 seed team. I have said all along that you change jordan's role from defensive minded to offensive minded he would get average 90 points. I agree that you put Jordan on the teams you listed they are easily a top seed team.
    No chance would he put up 90 points. Probably a top of 40 goals, 75 points. If he were to play on a scoring line

vCash
    You just doubled the goal totals from this you can double the assists as well. that is just over a point per game if he plays all 82 games. Which he is entirely capable of doing. Its not completely out of the question by any means. Of course it all depends on which team he goes to and what that team surrounds him with.

With regards to one of your more recent posts. I still think we need to buy out Paul Martin. even if the cap limit goes up to that amount. Its still a bad contract and its going to keep hindering us from making any significant moves to better our team.

vCash
    Doesn't have a great shot? Do you forget already the rocket he blew by Bryzgalov in I believe was Game 3 or 4. He has a wicked shot.

How does it not make sense that he concentrates on defense? Dan Bylsma has told him that his role is to shut down the other teams top offensive line. If you get a chance offensively then capitalize but basically shut him down. So he does what Dan tells him to do. He is focused on shutting the other team down. But if Dan would tell him your the top line center. You role is to score goals and put points on the board he will get you 90 points. He is definitely close to a top 20 center in the league.
    1) Really? So he has a wicked shot because he "blew" one past Bryz? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? Everything got past Bryz, so the fact you're making him out to be some sort of sniper, (who somehow has never acheived thirty goals in a season, when he has had ice time to do it) is a joke.

2) He didn't do his job very well this season of shutting other lines down at all. He played almost a full season, and there was ZERO talk of him being even considered for the Selke.

3) He's a close top 20 center in the league? That would easily get 90 points if given the chance?

Steven Stamkos
    Sidney Crosby
    Henrik Sedin
    Evgeni Malkin
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Nicklas Backstrom
    Pavel Datsyuk Detroit
    Joe Thornton San Jose
    Jonathan Toews Chicago
    Anze Kopitar Los Angeles
    Henrik Zetterberg Detroit
    Eric Staal Carolina
    Mike Richards Los Angeles
    Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay
    Jeff Carter Los Angeles
    John Tavares N.Y. Islanders
    David Backes St. Louis
    Danny Briere Philadelphia
    Brad Richards N.Y. Rangers
    Derek Roy Buffalo
    Mikko Koivu Minnesota
    Patrick Sharp Chicago
    David Krejci Boston
    Claude Giroux Philadelphia
    Ryan Kesler Vancouver
    Matt Duchene Colorado
    Logan Couture San Jose
    Paul Stastny Colorado
    Jason Spezza Ottawa
    Patrice Bergeron
    Mike Ribeiro
    Jordan Staal Pittsburgh

Those are ALL guys that are better offensive centers than Jordan Staal.
    Maybe if take into account the total package, he breaks the top 25. But he's not going to have more potential to jump five guys on that list anytime soon.
    Last edited by MG3; 05-10-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Removed ONE PLAYER!!

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

vCash
    staal is not yet a top 20 center in this league. he is close i believe but not yet. yes he is a first line caliber center good size, very god shot, two way responsiblity and good passer great hockey sense or intellience.

ya and who did score in that series no one cant blame one player. you contradict yourself from one post to another. one post he cant be number one center the next he is and can lead teams to playoffs and not just sneaking into them
    How am I contradicting myself?

He can't lead a team to the playoffs from game 1-82.

He hasn't played a full season in I belive 3 or 4 years.

At best, he's a second line center, an above average one at best.

There's a reason you don't see Jordan Staal on the powerplay.

He's not that good offensively.

vCash
    So Jordan Staal only concentrates on defense?

To answer this mg3 is pretty simple here it goes you put a player on 3rd line which is typically your shut down line with other defensive players and he faces other teams number one line. Spends alot of his time on pk and is your third best center on offense but hey being behind malkin and crosby who wouldnt be third best. basically that is his role as third line center.
    HAHAHAHAHA REALLY? REALLY? I mean you don't think I know the role of the third line center in hockey?

I just found it laughable that he said that all he does is concentrate on defense, which isn't true at all. I agree that anybody in the league would be a third line center behind Crosby and Malkin but that doesn't mean he's great offensively.

He uses his body, only in the skillful ways.

By that I mean when going to the net. If he could plant himself in front of the net, and work on his net front presence a little bit, he'd be on the powerplay. He has the body type to be a Holmstrom like player on the powerplay. Instead, we deal with Kunitz in front.

I just don't think he's that great. We're blessed to have him because he's talented, but saying he'd lead a non-playoff team to a top seed just by adding him alone, is RIDICULOUS!!

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast