Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Now the rumors of him going to Carolina are coming out. I'd love for us to get skinner but there isn't really anyone to solve our defensive problems there. Another team is the Blackhawks, i'd love to see Kane on the Pens. Trade Staal and a pick for him. Just heard that the Maple Leafs have interest, possibly Staal and a first for Schenn and the 5th overall pick. Maybe we could get Galenyuk with that pick
    Last edited by penguins2946; 05-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    Im not for dealing any of them but if i had to choose i would deal Stall

vCash
    That guy in the article on staal said him and a first round pick NO WAY staal was the third overall pick and proven his ability as a great two way forward who is still young and has a higher two way ceiling than any one coming out in this years draft. We trade staal and he is willing to sign an extention with that team we better get more than that for him. Thats part of the reason I say deal malkin: Staal will get less money than malkin leaving us more room to resign and add other players, better two way player thatn him, younger than him, insane package we could get for malkin especially right now.

I say again dont wanna trade any of the three but if we have to I believe Malkin would be best one to part with. The problems with having to many great players and constantly being a great team. Lets all hope all three and others really want to keep team together and take less to stay PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    That guy in the article on staal said him and a first round pick NO WAY staal was the third overall pick and proven his ability as a great two way forward who is still young and has a higher two way ceiling than any one coming out in this years draft. We trade staal and he is willing to sign an extention with that team we better get more than that for him. Thats part of the reason I say deal malkin: Staal will get less money than malkin leaving us more room to resign and add other players, better two way player thatn him, younger than him, insane package we could get for malkin especially right now.

I say again dont wanna trade any of the three but if we have to I believe Malkin would be best one to part with. The problems with having to many great players and constantly being a great team. Lets all hope all three and others really want to keep team together and take less to stay PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I see a Jagr-Mario situation with Crosby and Malkin. Malkin will be gone

vCash
    The more and more I think about this I think Staal is the one to go. With us trading him to a team like Edm for the first overall pick it solves alot of problems for us. We get some cap room, We get a young goal scoring winger that can develop a chemistry with Sid for years to come (or maybe he can gel with Geno and Neal moves up with Crosby). Plus with Staalsy gone we could still sign a Travis Moen to be our 3rd line center who is a great shut down center and he would be cheap. Then sign Dustin Penner to play with Sid.
    With D-men I think we need to get rid of Martin and Orpik. I would like to see us try and package a deal with a forward or draft pick to Nashville and try and get Weber. But if that doesnt work I would be really ok with just sending Martin and Orpik away and trying to sign Suter straight up. But I have to be honest I am starting to get worried that Suter and Weber arent worth all the hype. They have looked pretty average in the series against the Coyotes.

vCash
    Now Ottawa aparentaly has interest in Staal. That is what my Sports Marketing teacher said. So now it is:

Toronto
    Ottawa
    Edmonton
    Carolina
    Chicago

Also, he agrees that Malkin-Crosby is just like Jagr-Lemieux, and that the team is better without 1 of them in the line-up. I think Malkin is the one most likely to be traded, and Darren Dreger agrees: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-if-necessary/

vCash
    I honestly don't know how you guys say trade Malkin and keep Staal. (also, why call him staalsy?)

When Crosby and Staal were out Malkin put this team yet again on his back and said come on guys, I got this! He has proven to be an elite player, one that you pay and don't trade. Look at what happened in the Gretzkey deal....the Oilers have stunk since pretty much. If we trade Malkin, he's gonna do his thing 100+ points and lead a team into the playoffs. And for those who say he doesn't play D, he is in the top of takeways about every year. His stick lift is unreal, speed he swipes the puck from opposing puck carriers is great. Yes, he does at times, get a bit lazy on D, but that rarely happens.

Trade Staal. He said he was unhappy in the locker room, with team, and he wanted to go somewhere where he would be the #1 or 2. He isn't an elite player, good player yes, but not on Malkin's level and no where near it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyz884 View Post
    I honestly don't know how you guys say trade Malkin and keep Staal. (also, why call him staalsy?)

When Crosby and Staal were out Malkin put this team yet again on his back and said come on guys, I got this! He has proven to be an elite player, one that you pay and don't trade. Look at what happened in the Gretzkey deal....the Oilers have stunk since pretty much. If we trade Malkin, he's gonna do his thing 100+ points and lead a team into the playoffs. And for those who say he doesn't play D, he is in the top of takeways about every year. His stick lift is unreal, speed he swipes the puck from opposing puck carriers is great. Yes, he does at times, get a bit lazy on D, but that rarely happens.

Trade Staal. He said he was unhappy in the locker room, with team, and he wanted to go somewhere where he would be the #1 or 2. He isn't an elite player, good player yes, but not on Malkin's level and no where near it.
    Thank you. This is what I have been trying to say for a while. I totally get that Jordan Staal is a guy who has all the right tools and is a great player but he isnt a guy that we can lean on when are missing a guy like Sid. Geno has proven that he can do that. So why would we trade away a guy like that? I know we could pretty much restock our team and get more back but we would be losing a valuable cornerstone of our team. Also that article from Darren Dreger is true as well. Why not move guys like Martin, Big Z and Orpik who has over stayed his welcome in Pittsburgh and free up some cap space that way first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyz884 View Post

Oilers won the Cup 3 years after the trade, and the beat the Kings with Gretzy for it. And they nearly won the cup in 06. Yeah, they haven't stunk. Maybe the last 5 years but that isn't the cause

vCash
    I consider 1 cup in 30 yrs stinkin'. No, but seriously, the Oilers may have won 1 cup after the deal, but come on now, they were NOT the same team by any means that was my point.

We could get rid of Michalik, Nis, and Martin. I'd keep Orpki, Letang, Lovejoy, and Depres, maybe Strait, add 1 or 2 D-men (Sutter/Weber) we'll be good and can keep all 3.

vCash
    malkin may have a good number of take aways but he as a good number of give aways also he is first one out of are zone always his man in the d zone is never covered and he never back checks.

if staal was unhappy in locker room he never whinned during season and it sure didnt effect his level of play. staal might not be an elite player yet but he is young with a high ceiling and more room to improve than malkin. staal isnt on malkins level on offense but he is better by a long shot on penalty kill and defense which is just as important and one thing this team is solid in is goal scoring and as proven by the playoffs are d and pk already has holes
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    The D men that I would be keeping would be Letang, Nisk, Lovejoy, Despres and Strait. Strait looked really good in the playoffs in the games he played. If i had to make a choice between Michalek or Orpik I would pick Michalek. I just think Orpik has lost his edge that he used to have.

vCash
    1 cup in 30 years than there are a lot of stinkin teams in the nhl right now
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    I think if we do trade Staal or Malkin. Whoever it may be, we will get a lot for them. Think about it they are getting more and more interest as teams learn they may be available teams don't just say hey I have the 1st overall pick that's about the value of Staal lets make a deal. Staal's value keeps getting higher and higher as the bids come in so Shero will tell say Chicago who calls to ask about him and state we were offered a 1st overall pick what can you offer, then they try to one up and this continues until Shero gets a deal in which he feels is adequate for one of his start players. The ball is in Shero's court which makes it harder for teams to impress him. I believe Edmonton would have to give us the 1st overall and say Cam Barker in order for a deal to get done, this would be to sweeten the deal. This doesn't mean another team doesn't have the keys to get a deal done, it just means a team would really have to offer us a lot for us to trade such young and talented stars from our team.

vCash
    i can not understand this theory.

i love jordan staal but enough already.

he stayed healthy for this season and had around 55 points i believe.

it's time to get real. this team is better off with malkin than staal.

you can easily add a defensive minded center with okay offensive skills. staal is easier to replace

can you anyone in the nhl replace geno?

he can take over a game, along with crosby. oh and i'm not sure why we're so worried about losing staal's defensive ability. where was it on the pk?

He couldn't win a draw in our own end, so much so, they had to send crosby out there to win a faceoff just to clear the puck.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast