Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 199
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    What about Shane Doan?

    If the Coyotes want to move next year and if he wants to leave (both are somewhat unlikey) he would be a nice fit for the 2nd line

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    What about Shane Doan?

    If the Coyotes want to move next year and if he wants to leave (both are somewhat unlikey) he would be a nice fit for the 2nd line
    Yeah he would be a great fit, since we probably want more of a rental type right now anyways.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    What about Shane Doan?

    If the Coyotes want to move next year and if he wants to leave (both are somewhat unlikey) he would be a nice fit for the 2nd line
    Before the season started i proposed a Doan/Schneider swap. Doubt PHX does it considering how well Smith did this year.

    But Doan is a player that Gillis should covet.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    I love Doan. Doan on the Canucks would make me giddy. One of my favorite players out there.
    TAKE PRIDE

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ There's no doubt he's the type of player we need. I can't see the Coyotes trading away their captain though.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    ^^ There's no doubt he's the type of player we need. I can't see the Coyotes trading away their captain though.
    Doan is a UFA as is Ray Whitney

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    ^^ There's no doubt he's the type of player we need. I can't see the Coyotes trading away their captain though.
    Doan is a UFA as is Ray Whitney
    My bad. Id take Doan over anyone not named Sedin on our offence. Strong gritty player who doesn't dive. He is what Kesler is only hyped to be. He's a leader, he is tough, and he produces consistently. He's also not churlish with the public.
    Last edited by ink; 05-26-2012 at 12:01 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    My bad. Id take Doan over anyone not named Sedin on our offence. Strong gritty player who doesn't dive. He is what Kesler is only hyped to be. He's a leader, he is tough, and he produces consistently. He's also not churlish with the public.
    No reason why Kesler/Doan couldn't co-exist.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    No reason why Kesler/Doan couldn't co-exist.
    Didn't you hear? Kesler has to be traded because he had a bad year.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Didn't you hear? Kesler has to be traded because he had a bad year.
    Uh, no, Kesler needs to be traded because he had one good year and has been over-rated since.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Uh, no, Kesler needs to be traded because he had one good year and has been over-rated since.
    You mean underrated? Seems like a lot of people pile on and try to bash Kesler for playing with a torn hip and a torn shoulder. At this point, all the people saying he's overrated translates him to being underrated. I think he's perfectly rated at this point.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    You mean underrated? Seems like a lot of people pile on and try to bash Kesler for playing with a torn hip and a torn shoulder. At this point, all the people saying he's overrated translates him to being underrated. I think he's perfectly rated at this point.
    Ratings aside, what leader in the league ever led his team to a Cup by trash talking, diving, and trying to do everything himself (especially when he's only a second line player anyway), then later claiming he was injured? If he's injured, why is he playing? If he's injured, why can't he pass the puck and let an uninjured player do something with the puck? lol. What leader in the league is egocentric enough to work so poorly with his linemates that it's impossible to find him wingers? Seriously, I don't see the reason for the hype. I get that he can be amazing in bursts, but the kind of player he thinks he is produces consistently. I have a feeling Canucks fans will be debating this roster more and more as it becomes apparent that they just don't have the right mix. After signing all of the players someone else drafted or traded for, Gillis has not had much luck in adding to that core. The problem is that the core is essentially two all world offensive players who are weak in the playoffs, one constantly injured second line C who is not the offensive player to take up the playoff slack, a troika of Dmen (Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Edler) who are not #1 players, and a goalie (Luongo) who struggles with pressure. The fact that Kesler is mainly greatest in his own mind is fine for his confidence but not so great for production when it really counts.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    He's a 70+ point player who can possibly be a perennial 30+ goal scorer and he does this while being one of if not our best defensive players. He has won a Selke trophy, which was no fluke, he ****ing deserved it.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    I think next season will be the most important of Kesler's career. He needs to prove that this season was mostly poor due to injury. If he has another poor season, I think Vancouver fans are going to be very pro-trade.
    TAKE PRIDE

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    He's a 70+ point player who can possibly be a perennial 30+ goal scorer and he does this while being one of if not our best defensive players. He has won a Selke trophy, which was no fluke, he ****ing deserved it.
    Unfortunately he occupies a spot in the lineup that requires offensive production, not to mention working with teammates. If he was our 3rd line C I would have little problem with him. But we are desperate for more from our 2nd line C especially in the playoffs. You guys think the norm is his one great season. I don't think this team, with its extremely short window can afford any more wishful thinking.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •