Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If AV goes Craig mactavish is next in line.

vCash
    Yeah Im sure that would be the plan. I guess I wouldnt be opposed to it.
    I do like how honest MacT is, hes not afraid to call out players or bench them if they are underperforming.
    #20 Eagle for Life

vCash
    Does anyone feel a tiny bit better that LA is dominating STL? We just ran into an awesome team finally getting hot.

vCash

Official Offseason Thread

None of the remaining teams in the west are great teams. Parity = mediocrity. Playoff hockey = extreme mediocrity. So, no, not much comfort there. It's like always saying we got beat by a hot goalie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    None of the remaining teams in the west are great teams. Parity = mediocrity. Playoff hockey = extreme mediocrity. So, no, not much comfort there. It's like always saying we got beat by a hot goalie.
    Are you even watching? All 4 teams left are great teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Are you even watching? All 4 teams left are great teams.
    Yeah I'm watching.

btw, did anyone read Gary Roberts' comments about Cody and Gillis. Too funny. Gillis' stock is falling sharply. I'm completely on Cody's side on this one. Hard to doubt the word of Roberts, the guy who resuscitated Hodgson's career, and who is pumping out top producing players every summer.

vCash
    Yeah I'm watching.

btw, did anyone read Gary Roberts' comments about Cody and Gillis. Too funny. Gillis' stock is falling sharply. I'm completely on Cody's side on this one. Hard to doubt the word of Roberts, the guy who resuscitated Hodgson's career, and who is pumping out top producing players every summer.
    I'm kind of inbetween. I 100% believe what Gillis said, however that doesn't mean you trade him midseason.

vCash
    Yeah I'm watching.

Yeah, it's been a tough year for Gillis.

I actually would have liked to have Roberts train Kassian this offseason, but that doesn't seem like a possibility anymore now that he thinks Gillis is a clown.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I dont understand what Roberts is going on about, he is saying Cody is on the same level work ethic wise as Stamkos? Ok great thanks, but no one ever questioned Cody's work ethic. And what a shock Roberts is sticking up for a client of his. The problem was he was a whining baby, if he couldnt accept his role on a Stanley Cup contending team then gtfo. Good riddance. Im sure hes gonna have a great career, but the kid clearly didnt wanna be here.

Gillis was put in a tough spot, and I dont blame him for what he did. He did what he needed to do. And I really hope people dont think if we had Cody we would have beaten the Kings....
    #20 Eagle for Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTG50EAGLE View Post
    I dont understand what Roberts is going on about, he is saying Cody is on the same level work ethic wise as Stamkos? Ok great thanks, but no one ever questioned Cody's work ethic.
    Vigneault did, which started the whole fiasco.

And what a shock Roberts is sticking up for a client of his. The problem was he was a whining baby, if he couldnt accept his role on a Stanley Cup contending team then gtfo. Good riddance. Im sure hes gonna have a great career, but the kid clearly didnt wanna be here.
    Nope, he wanted more minutes. That's a sign of a competitor, something we didn't have a lot of in the Canucks' BRIEF appearance in the playoffs this year.

Gillis was put in a tough spot, and I dont blame him for what he did. He did what he needed to do.
    This is 100% on Gillis. Sure the guy got to be a pain in the *** FROM GILLIS' POV, but no professional lets his personal animosity toward a player cloud his judgement like Gillis did.

- he traded him away for questionable assets or at least not assets that could contribute in this Stanley Cup contending season
    - he could have easily waited until the off-season; doubtful that Kassian and Gragnani were being pursued by many other than the Canucks' lame *** scouting staff (i.e. the same staff that gave their expert thumbs up on Ballard and Booth.)
    - he traded him away while the offence was clicking; it fell off by a whopping goal per game after the deadline debacle
    - he let his personal feelings overrule his judgement
    - he and his medical staff blew the diagnosis
    - first and foremost, he drafted Cody KNOWING that he had Henrik and Kesler ahead of him on the depth chart. He also drafted Schroeder, another C right after. It would be frustrating to see the weaknesses on the wings on this team to see Cs getting drafted again and again.

Gillis made his share of mistakes last year. Now they're coming home to roost.
    Last edited by ink; 05-01-2012 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    Where's the meaningful trade Mike?

That's the question we have to keep asking.

No more reclamation projects and bandaids.

vCash
    Nope, he wanted more minutes. That's a sign of a competitor, something we didn't have a lot of in the Canucks' BRIEF appearance in the playoffs this year.
    Where did he fit in though? He's a young player, you sit on the bench and pay your dues. Total diva, me first player.

vCash
    Where did he fit in though? He's a young player, you sit on the bench and pay your dues. Total diva, me first player.
    I don't buy the diva argument the Canucks are so desperate to sell. They hang onto mediocrity and trade away a promising talent. This team really does suck and blow.

vCash
    So why do you think they traded him? Just because?

vCash
    So why do you think they traded him? Just because?
    Sour relationship that they caused and ****ed up worse with a meaningless trade. They lost perspective on the talent they had in their hands and dealt out of emotion. Stupidest way to deal really. The bad timing seals the incompetence.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast