Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I agree, the trade makes me sick. Even if they wanted to be better down the road there are better prospects than Kassian.

That's the part that scares me, I'm not sure that he will be.
    The thing is, we don't even know what his role will be. He can either be a 4th line player that plays 5-10 min per game or he could go on the 2nd line creating space and crashing the crease. He does have some skill, which he rarely showed this year, but it's looking more likely that he'll be 4th line fodder than a 'bonafide 2nd line winger." Meanwhile, Hodgson will obviously become a 1st line C.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    My official offseason plan:

Re-Signings
    Do not extend RFA offer to Mason Raymond. He simply doesn't have a role on this team.

Do not extend UFA offer to Sami Pahlsson. We already have a great 3rd line center, more on than later.

Sign UFA Sami Salo to 2 Year / 5 Million / 2.5 Miller per contract. The teams overall D falls apart without Salo.
    Trades
    David Booth to the Anaheim Ducks for 3rd round pick.
    Explanation: Anaheim finished in the bottom 6 in the league for scoring. They have over 20 million in cap coming off the books, Booth is an expensive option for Anaheim but he is still a good offensive player for a team that lacks secondary scoring. Canucks shed cap and are glad to do so.

Keith Ballard, 3rd round pick to the Phoenix Coyotes for RFA rights to Gilbert Brule
    Explanation: Phoenix has 3 high priced veteran defensemen who are FA's next season(Rozsival,Aucoin,Sauer) only 1 or 2 are likely to be re-signed. Ballard gives an offensively challenged team an offense D-Man to work the PP with Yandle. Dave Tippett has turned worst defensive players around and with cap to play with I think Phoenix sees the upside. For the Canucks they once again shed cap and also add Brule's right.
    thats what I have so far, still working on Cory/Luu

vCash
    What would you guys expect in a Schneider or Luongo trade?

I've heard if we trade Luongo we have to take a bad contract back which I hate.

If I had a "wish list" for a Schneider trade it would be Evander Kane or Andrew Ladd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Look at who produced in the playoffs. Sedin, Sedin, Schneider, and some role players like Hansen. Defence isn't as bad as offence however so the priority is to clear out the deadwood on offence.

This could really be a make or break off season for Gillis. We really haven't ever seen him make a signature move and his recent moves have had big ??? question marks around them. Wow, Kassian and Gragnani watched the deciding games from the press box and we couldn't score. :thud:
    I have always been a believer that Gillis had a keen mind when it came to making moves. He gave up Hodgson for absolutely nothing. Now Kassian could still turn into something but Gragnani is and always was trash. He would likely have been waived. I don't question the deal for Pahlsson at all. Booth really did nothing for the team all year. Now is what happens to our goal tending. Will Edler resign long term. Good bye to at least one overly sensitive fringe forward in Mason Raymond. Can we have Grabby back?

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    What would you guys expect in a Schneider or Luongo trade?

I've heard if we trade Luongo we have to take a bad contract back which I hate.

If I had a "wish list" for a Schneider trade it would be Evander Kane or Andrew Ladd.
    I would absolutely love it if we somehow got Kane but I can't see it happening. He's one of my favourites though no doubt and he's a Van city boy.

vCash
    How about, luongo+kesler+1st+tanev for St. Louis+Connolly+hedman+1st?

vCash
    VANCOUVER -- Roberto Luongo is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

Whether the Canucks ask the veteran goaltender to, or whether they are able to deal the decade that remains on his 12-year, $64-million contract to a place he finds acceptable, remains to be seen. But as the Canucks try to solve the dilemma of having two No. 1 goalies after this season's emergence of Cory Schneider, the guy who wears No. 1 said he won't stand in their way.

"Yeah, of course, if they ask me to," Luongo said of waiving his no-trade while the team cleaned out the locker room two days after a surprising first-round playoff exit. "I don't want to be one of those guys that's going to stand in the way of anything. I always want to put the team ahead of me first. I don't want to be one of those selfish guys."
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

vCash
    Ladies and gentleman I bring you the league's most elite regular season team. We're too good for the playoffs and have decided to stick with our core and take next post-season off altogether. The scoring wonders we have been developing for regular-season-success-only will be back next year for your viewing pleasure. Have a good summer and don't worry: we've got it covered.

vCash
    Ink, I think you're overreacting to Gillis' press conference. Let's not judge just yet.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Ink, I think you're overreacting to Gillis' press conference. Let's not judge just yet.
    The team has been pretty stale since 2008-09. That's how long I've been waiting for change. I know we had the big season last year but that was the anomaly. This team is built for the regular season when there is lots of weaker competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    How about, luongo+kesler+1st+tanev for St. Louis+Connolly+hedman+1st?
    I cant possibly see them trading two of their best young players + a top 10 pick + the only guy on their team who has great chemistry with their best player for an aging goalie with a crap contract (especially when they are already tied to Lecavlier), a center who despite being awesome, doesn't bring a boatload offensively, a young d-man who a lot of people see as a 2nd pairing guy at best, and a late first round pick. If Hedman and Connolly pan out, and that draft pick is someone good as well, this deal would be highway robbery.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I get a really bad feeling Gillis is going to be in trading mode, and try to move some prospects for fringe average players. Anyone else get the feeling Connauton could be a guy on the move this offseason for some meh player? I have a bad feeling.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I get a really bad feeling Gillis is going to be in trading mode, and try to move some prospects for fringe average players. Anyone else get the feeling Connauton could be a guy on the move this offseason for some meh player? I have a bad feeling.
    Hope not. He's our future PP QB.

vCash
    Gillis was on Team 1040 this morning and here's some quotes that Ben Kuzma tweeted:

Gillis on TEAM 1040 re: Luongo's list: "We've met but we decided we're going to talk in a few days. We're going to take a deep breath."

More Gillis: "I haven't made up my mind about the goaltending. We need to step back and plan out what we're going to do with this team."

Gillis on team's rep: "I see players do exactly what our players do all over the league — some worse. Burrows plays the game correctly."

Gillis on drain of Jan.7 in Boston: "The build-up to it was so crazy, some were being called cowards. It was like a heavyweight fight."

Gillis on Hodgson: "We wanted a younger player (Kassian) who would be an impact player. The package that Zack brings when he develops ...... you'll never develop that. That unique package never available."

Gillis on Kesler trade spec: "It's remarkable a person stumbles and that's the response. We want to teach him to protect himself more."

Gillis on Bieksa abdominal injury: "He had a small muscle tear and we're not sure if he'll need surgery. We'll find out in a few days."

Gillis on Eddie Lack as possible NHL back-up goalie next season: "He's very close."

Gillis: "You need size and speed but when this (upsets), you can react. I hope I'm right for this market. People want an up-tempo game."

Gillis on the NHL's defensive style: "Once in a while you stumble. I don't think is a long-term playing style for the league."
    https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma

<3

vCash
    Hey guys, havent been able to read/watch/listen to any Canucks stuff since we got booted by the Kings. How have you guys been doing? Lots has been going on since the season ended eh?

This summer is definitely gonna be an interesting one. I for one would be in favour of a coaching change. I love AV, hes done great things here, and obviously hes the most successful coach in the history of this team, I just feel that his time has run out. It seems as if his messages are getting old, and he just doesnt seem to have the ability to get this team to that next level. Not really sure what replacements are out there, dont really know how I would feel about MacTavish. I was really hoping Kirk Muller would be available but hes not, Canes snatched him up.

As for the whole Luongo situation, first thing I wanna say is props to him for handling it so well. He's in an incredibly difficult spot here and I dont think he could have done a better job dealing with the media and everything. I have been critical of him at times, like most people, but overall I've been a supporter of his and it sucks that he (most likely) is on his way out. Arguably the best tender we've ever had. The way I see it we have two ways to approach compensation: 1) take on an equally as crazy contract 2) take significantly less then what hes worth just to dump his contract. For me I would rather go with Option 2. I wouldnt be opposed to a deal with Toronto for a guy like Schenn or Franson. Stalberg from Chicago (I really, really hope he doesnt end up there). Brett Connolly from Tampa. Ellerby or Versteeg from FLA. Just some options off the top of my head. Some of those may not be completely realistic.

I honestly feel this team is ok, unlike some. I dont feel we need to blow up what we have a start a semi-rebuild. Frankly this "trade Kesler and trade Edler" stuff boggles my mind. We just need a few pieces. An addition for the top 6 forwards, a solid young big dman, and maybe some decent depth guys. Obviously easier said then done, but I still believe in Gillis.

A few names I would like us to go after in free agency:
    David Jones
    Sheldon Souray
    Brad Stuart
    Jordin Tootoo
    Barret Jackman
    Greg Zanon
    Bryan Allen
    Jason Garrison
    Brandon Prust

Anyways thats how I feel, sorry I know thats a lot just wanted to get some stuff off the chest after a really disappointing season. Thanks
    #20 Eagle for Life

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast