Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Yeah I'm rooting for Florida
    The prospect I want is the one that should have been drafted for Ballard whichis Quinton Howden. Whatever we get is a bonus. While I know that Luongo has value and should have a high return his contract is a hastle. Tallon is a pretty good GM and I believe at least another prospect like Shore, or Trochek can come back as well as a salary. Hopefully it's not Jovanovski. At this point lets move forward. No to Chicago in every sense unless we get Brandon Saad and or Teuvorinen.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Gragnani to Carolina (2-way).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Gragnani to Carolina (2-way).
    Good riddens to that. I knew he'd be leaving he's a worthless excuse for a puck moving defensemen. His fluke playoffs got him to Vancouver after Buffalo plundered the Nuckers for Hodgson. While Kassian has some upside, who knows. As of now it's debatable if Ballard's trade or Hodgson's plundering is the worse move in the Mike Gillis era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Good riddens to that. I knew he'd be leaving he's a worthless excuse for a puck moving defensemen. His fluke playoffs got him to Vancouver after Buffalo plundered the Nuckers for Hodgson. While Kassian has some upside, who knows. As of now it's debatable if Ballard's trade or Hodgson's plundering is the worse move in the Mike Gillis era.
    Or the Booth trade. That one ranks at least third place.

Someone has to explain to Gillis that if you're going to attempt a "moneyball" approach you're supposed to find hidden gems or at least get GOOD contracts, not take back other people's mistakes. lol.
    Last edited by ink; 07-18-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    What happens first:

Luongo trade

Doan signs
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What happens first:

Luongo trade

Doan signs
    Doan signing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What happens first:

Luongo trade

Doan signs
    Doan signs, Semin decides he's bolting and then Luongo might finally be moved.

vCash
    I wonder if the Nash trade means anything for us in regard to Luongo. Nash has a long term deal, with a horrible cap hit, at a position that isn't necessarily at a premium. Nash is a few years younger than Luongo, but if they can get that much for Nash, we should be able to get a nice enough package for Luongo. If we can get a 1st round pick, a prospect at the level of Erixon, and a player of or around the caliber of Dubinsky, I would be pretty ecstatic. I'm thinking if it is fact Florida, a deal with Versteeg, Howden, and a 1st looks like a pretty good estimation of what we could and should be able to get.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I really believe Luongo should fetch something decent but I think Gillis is gonna wait too long. I really think this plays out into the season and possibly to the trade deadline. There are no teams that match up with Van anymore. I dont see Doan coming here. All around we are a worse team than last year and way worse than two years ago. Unless Gillis can pull something out of his *** we are ****ed because our team is over the hill and rebuilding is in our future very soon, at least at the forward position.

vCash
    I'm not sure what Gillis is expecting in return for Luongo, maybe he's over-valuing him and other teams are going "WTF?" What bothers me are the comments that Lu made, almost coming right out and saying that he will not be wearing a Canucks jersey this season. He's already made it known his heart is to play in Florida, and even made comments about Chicago being a "fun place to play", if the opportunity came up. IMO, I think he's choked about being nudged out to make room for Schneids, and probably made the Chicago comment as a way to "stick it to Vancouver", knowing how we all feel about that team. No way Gillis would trade with Chicago, can't see it. And I certainly can't see the Hawks wanting to bring in Lu, considering how much the fans there hate him.

So, what happens if Gillis can't trade Lu before the season starts? How awkward will that be having Lu ride the pine, knowing he doesn't want to be on the team. Plus we'd be on the hook to pay him the $6 million or whatever for the season. That's an expensive backup.

vCash
    Lu has to be traded before the season. If Gillis gets a reasonable enough offer, he needs to just take it. We cant have that much money committed to two goalies, one of whom no longer wants to play in Vancouver. I really think Luongo will be gone before the season, and I just hope we get a good enough offer. One of those teams who needs a goalie, such as Florida or Chicago, will have to step up at some point and accept that he is a necessity and make a move.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I really believe Luongo should fetch something decent but I think Gillis is gonna wait too long. I really think this plays out into the season and possibly to the trade deadline. There are no teams that match up with Van anymore. I dont see Doan coming here. All around we are a worse team than last year and way worse than two years ago. Unless Gillis can pull something out of his *** we are ****ed because our team is over the hill and rebuilding is in our future very soon, at least at the forward position.
    Totally agree. As it stands now this is a team on the decline with a GM in denial. He seems to think its still march 2011. That ship has sailed and he has done a terrible job facing reality and improving the team.

vCash
    What a boring *** off-season, glad the NHL is not the only sport i follow.

vCash
    It's been boring but this month has potential.... Doan, Arnott, Luongo, Huet, Dan Ellis... it's a frenzy!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    True, but i don't see Doan leaving unless he gets that 4 year 30 mill contract he was looking for, he would fit great with our team though, but for that price i would pass

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast