vCash
    ^Agreed.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I'd go Salo-Tanev

With Ballard either being bought out or buried in the AHL

And I would feel very comfortable
    I'm being realistic though. You know Ballard will be here.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    So off to free agency, where some followers are hopeful White Rock's Jason Garrison would be willing to give the Canucks a hometown discount. If not, is Vancouver really ready to make him their highest-paid defenceman? Has it really come to that? Are the Canucks desperate enough to pay Garrison the more than $5 million a year he's been eyeing?

It hasn't been the Canucks tact. At least, not often.

"It would be unfair for me to comment on how others run their teams and do their business," GM Mike Gillis said. "I know what we do here and how we try and approach things. We don't sign contracts we're not comfortable with.

"And we get our players to work with us and we've been successful on that basis."

But the Canucks have to kick the tires on Shane Doan, a free agent who is just about exactly what their top-six has been missing during the past two years. The team has the money to make a run at him, even if most believe he wants to keep playing in Phoenix.

The Canucks have $10.521 million to spend, not including whatever cap space they get when Luongo is traded, according to the reliable web site cap geek.com

Gillis suggested there's even more than that to throw around.

"If I were you guys, I wouldn't be concerned about the cap," Gillis said. "We had, as of (Thursday before Schneider was signed) close to $20 million in cap space with the 10 per cent summer overage.

"So, we have lots of space. We'll deal with it as it comes."

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz1zMSoGtkz
    Botch. I agree completely. Signing these 2 players would put the team in a good position.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I'm being realistic though. You know Ballard will be here.
    I don't know that honestly

vCash
    Not much news yet, but it sounds like we are in the mix for Garrison and Whitney at least. Its a good start. Would love to grab both.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Not much news yet, but it sounds like we are in the mix for Garrison and Whitney at least. Its a good start. Would love to grab both.

vCash

Official Offseason Thread

Oh well Whitney just signed with the Stars.

vCash
    Wow, 4.5 per year for Whitney. He's like 37. Glad we avoided that now...He's a great player, but I was thinking he would get 3.5 max.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Wow, 4.5 per year for Whitney. He's like 37. Glad we avoided that now...He's a great player, but I was thinking he would get 3.5 max.
    Think of how that could skew the prices of available forwards.

vCash
    Aaron Rome is gone. 3 years with the Stars.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Probably not thread worthy, but Andrew Ebbett signed a 2 year, 2 way deal with us.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Samuelsson back to Detroit at 2 YR 6M which is a bit high for him. But hey what can you say.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    When motivated he can be useful, but he's just really lazy.

<3

vCash
    Derek Roy to the Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy. Wow. Not that we really needed a center, but you cannot tell me there is no way we could have put a better package together for an offensive guy we really could have used. I would not mind Kesler on the wing at all for a center like Roy. Adam Pardy wasn't a full time NHL d-man last season, and Ott, while good, is lucky to even be a 2nd liner. We really could not have thrown like Higgins or Booth or someone with a d-man and maybe a draft pick to bring in a guy who would have significantly helped our offense?
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast