Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Offseason Thread

I think the only thing we are all 100% in agreement of is that Raymond must go.

vCash
    I never expected an offseason thread in April
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Players that should stay:

Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Chris Higgins, Dan Hamhuis, Chris Tanev, Alex Edler, Kevin Bieksa, Alex Burrows, Jannik Hansen, Cory Schneider.

Fringe:

David Booth, Manny Malhotra, Maxim Lapierre, Sami Salo, Keith Ballard, Sammi Pahlsson, Sami Salo.

Just leave, please:

Mason Raymond, Dale Weise, Rome/Alberts

Won't even list Luongo.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post

Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Chris Higgins, Dan Hamhuis, Chris Tanev, Alex Edler, Kevin Bieksa, Alex Burrows, Jannik Hansen, Cory Schneider.

Fringe:

David Booth, Manny Malhotra, Maxim Lapierre, Sami Salo, Keith Ballard, Sammi Pahlsson, Sami Salo.

Just leave, please:

Won't even list Luongo.
    If you add Lapierre to the stay list, I am probably in 100% agreement. And also, if Salo is still able to play at a good level and is cheap, I would keep him too.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    # Goalie GPI GS Min GAA W L OT SO SA GA Sv% G A PIM
    35 Cory Schneider 3 3 183 1.31 1 2 0 0 101 4 .960 0 0 0
    1 Roberto Luongo 2 2 117 3.59 0 2 0 0 64 7 .891 0 0 0

Is there any question at this point if someone will take Luongo he is the odd man out?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    # Goalie GPI GS Min GAA W L OT SO SA GA Sv% G A PIM
    35 Cory Schneider 3 3 183 1.31 1 2 0 0 101 4 .960 0 0 0
    1 Roberto Luongo 2 2 117 3.59 0 2 0 0 64 7 .891 0 0 0

Is there any question at this point if someone will take Luongo he is the odd man out?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Look at who produced in the playoffs. Sedin, Sedin, Schneider, and some role players like Hansen. Defence isn't as bad as offence however so the priority is to clear out the deadwood on offence.

This could really be a make or break off season for Gillis. We really haven't ever seen him make a signature move and his recent moves have had big ??? question marks around them. Wow, Kassian and Gragnani watched the deciding games from the press box and we couldn't score. :thud:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    If you add Lapierre to the stay list, I am probably in 100% agreement. And also, if Salo is still able to play at a good level and is cheap, I would keep him too.
    Lapierre regressed this series... which is why I wouldn't keep him. I'd be fine if he did stay, but I wouldn't be upset if we got rid of him.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Look at who produced in the playoffs. Sedin, Sedin, Schneider, and some role players like Hansen. Defence isn't as bad as offence however so the priority is to clear out the deadwood on offence.

This could really be a make or break off season for Gillis. We really haven't ever seen him make a signature move and his recent moves have had big ??? question marks around them. Wow, Kassian and Gragnani watched the deciding games from the press box and we couldn't score. :thud:
    Should have given in and traded Hodgson for Ott. Yes, I'm being completely serious.
    #3in5

<3

vCash

Fringe:

Just leave, please:

Won't even list Luongo.
    Stay: Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows, Jannik Hansen, Kevin Bieksa, Alex Edler, Dan Hamhuis, Sami Salo(look at how the D fell apart when he left),Maxim Lapierre, Luongo/Schneider(one will stay, one will go obviously), Chris Higgins

Fringe: David Booth, Sami Pahlsson(good player but how many defensive centers do we need?), Manny Malhotra(great faceoff man but besides that what is he bringing to the team?), Tanev(I like him but if we can get a forward for him then see-yah!)

Go: Keith Ballard,Mason Raymond,Luongo/Schneider,Rome

vCash
    Should have given in and traded Hodgson for Ott. Yes, I'm being completely serious.
    Ott's better than Kassian and Grags I'll say that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Ott's better than Kassian and Grags I'll say that much.
    Any veteran that we could have acquired for Hodgson would have been better than Kassian/Gragnani. If the team was truly trying to win this year, they would have gone that route instead of acquiring what we did. At the time I defended the trade. I just can't anymore. It's impossible to defend it.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    In 2-3 years Kassian better be awesome. That's all I can say on that note.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Any veteran that we could have acquired for Hodgson would have been better than Kassian/Gragnani. If the team was truly trying to win this year, they would have gone that route instead of acquiring what we did. At the time I defended the trade. I just can't anymore. It's impossible to defend it.
    Agree 100%
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I agree, the trade makes me sick. Even if they wanted to be better down the road there are better prospects than Kassian.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    In 2-3 years Kassian better be awesome. That's all I can say on that note.
    That's the part that scares me, I'm not sure that he will be.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast