Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Richards' shift vs. Giroux's. Who you got?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Richards hustle / diving goal against Montreal

8 47.06%
  • Claude Giroux hammers Crosby / puts one past Fleury

9 52.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

"The Shift" - Richards vs. Giroux

CrossingBroad.com says we have a new "The Shift." I still like Richie's a little bit better, though it was awesome seeing Giroux destroy Sid and then put one right through Flower. You be the judge.

Richards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_3PeQQUxc

Giroux
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBbm4jB8gM
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash

I'll take Giroux completely laying out Crosby on a CLEAN hit (something pittsburgh doesnt know about) and burying a goal within 32 seconds of the games opening faceoff all day.

vCash
    Push. The effort Richie put on that whole shift and then diving for that puck at Halak is all voided just because Giroux hit Crosby.

I respectfully withold my vote.

vCash
    Fair enough. I got chills watching them both =)
    The Squads:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Push. The effort Richie put on that whole shift and then diving for that puck at Halak is all voided just because Giroux hit Crosby.

I respectfully withold my vote.
    Both scored goals. Richards showed great effort and determination. Giroux did a Babe Ruth and called out his first shift, and laid out Crosby. I THINK (think) both were an elimination playoff game, but to do it against the penguins makes it just alittle more special.

I think people that have a forever man-crush on Richards will say him, and vice versa for Giroux

I say Giroux's is superior, since he did all the right things and on top of that scored a "skilled" goal.

vCash
    Giroux is becoming a great leader on the ice. Richie is a great leader on the ice. This was a tough call but went with Giroux because he comes to play every night. I like the way he brings his game every night! Plus fighting Crosby put him over the edge!

vCash
    I think the edge goes to Richie because it was in the Conference Finals a bigger game and a play that helped send us to the Stanley Cup Finals and it was short handed. Both those things have to be taken into account.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    I think the edge goes to Richie because it was in the Conference Finals a bigger game and a play that helped send us to the Stanley Cup Finals and it was short handed. Both those things have to be taken into account.
    Yeah, for me it's not really about liking one player more than the other as Randall stated earlier. I think they're both incredible shifts, but the hustle Richie showed on that shift, the dive into Halak, the balance and the poise to bury that puck while it was up on it's end is just amazing. His back checking set the play up! Amazing all around.

Claude's play was awesome too, and it IS sweet that he did it against the Pens. Man, seeing Sid try to trip him in vain after the hit was laughable. The goal was poetic justice. I loved his fire immediately after as well.

This was a tough decision.
    Last edited by IWantPizza; 04-22-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: said Price, meant Halak =P
    The Squads:

vCash

Ok I'm not the only one who saw Crosby cross his legs, with Giroux's foot included. It was really pathetic

vCash
    Still think Richards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Ok I'm not the only one who saw Crosby cross his legs, with Giroux's foot included. It was really pathetic
    As soon as he did it my father goes "What a ****ING *****." (fornicating cat)

We were all going nuts. He's a knucklehead.
    The Squads:

vCash
    Hard to argue against G today......but still I think asking for the first shift and then going out and setting the tempo of the game from the puck drop deserves the top spot.

Besides...rumor has it that Richie didn't dive for the puck, rather he fell because he was still hungover ... Kidding..KIDDIN!!

vCash
    Richards easy. It came in the clinching game of the ECF, on the penalty kill right after we gave up a goal.

Don't get me wrong, G's first shift today (and the entire game really) was great, but it's round 1, not round 3.

vCash
    idk if theres weight to the "it was the conference finals/round 3" claim

It was against the Canadians, who the Flyers flat out killed, and almost swept. Wasn't even a fair series, it was complete domination except game 4.

The Giroux shift was in the quarter finals/round 1, but against the biggest cup favorite, who just so happens to be our biggest rival. and dont forget that the Crosby line of the Penguins were scoring on the first shift quite regularly in this series. Idk, considering that, to request a spot in the starting lineup, and to tell his teammates to pay close attention to this shift... thats a leader right there, leading by example.

vCash
    I can't vote, both were badass and memorable. Richies was amazing and one of my favorite goals...but Giroux essentially telling people to watch for a big shift and telling Lavi to start him...played like a boss.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast