Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 218
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    If Noel leaves, they won't run the table but they're pretty much a lock for the title.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Assembly Hall
    Posts
    6,567
    vCash
    1500
    Is this even fair what Kentucky is doing? My goodness. Let someone else have these guys.

    And...here...we...go...

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    14,088
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Is this even fair what Kentucky is doing? My goodness. Let someone else have these guys.
    Worst part for me is players from Cai choosing them over UCLA, its frustrating but i'll give them there props

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Assembly Hall
    Posts
    6,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Worst part for me is players from Cai choosing them over UCLA, its frustrating but i'll give them there props
    I can't really blame them. I would never want to play for Howland. Heard nothing but bad things from his former players.

    And...here...we...go...

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    One of the greatest recruiting classes ever. Wiggins will in all likelihood commit there, and Young will be the sixth man and be fine with that. These kids are going for two reasons... to win and to get PAID.

    Worldwide William Wesley. "Consulting" with these kids from the 8th grade on in order to steer them towards endorsement deals (he did it with Kidd-Gilchrist, sat him down with Lebron before he was even in H.S.)

    Cal's left behind sanctions and violations at every place he's been. It's easy to accuse him of playing dirty. And if he's not, we sure know that WWW is, as he was slinking around multiple Monteverde games and talking to Johnson.

    If Noel stays -which he might do since this coming draft is very deep and he might not go top 5 or even top 8- that UK team next year is going to run the table without even trying. So much ****ing talent and it really isn't fair. But it is what it is.
    Honestly I've heard quite the opposite. The general consensus is that this draft class is really weak, giving incentive to jump early for those like Noel

    #iubb

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,328
    vCash
    1500
    Ya, I've heard this is the worst draft in years. A bad time to have the number 1 pick because there aren't going to be any legitimate difference makers coming out.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Well in terms of a clear cut #1 pick, there is none. But just looking at the mocks, I see in no particular order

    Cody Zeller
    Nerlens Noel
    Archie Goodwin
    Anthony Bennett
    Otto Porter
    Alex Len
    Willie Cauley-Stein
    Marcus Smart
    LeBryan Nash
    Alex Poythress
    Isaiah Austin
    James McAdoo
    Trey Burke
    Michael Carter-Williams
    Shabazz Muhammad
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    CJ McCollum
    Isaiah Canaan
    Ben McLemore
    Jarnell Stokes
    Mason Plumlee

    None of these kids are "legitimate difference makers"? What does that make every single pick past #10 overall in last year's draft?

    You guys are watching college basketball and telling me this isn't a deep draft? Last year you had a good number of picks that don't look like they'll be anything special. If anyone really wants to show me how last year's draft is better than this year's, or just give me an argument for why this class is weak I'm all ears.

    What "general consensus" are you talking about? Because last year Dion freaking Waiters went 4 overall, and there's a good number of first rounders in the D-league.

    If you're judging drafts based on franchise players and not accepting anything less than a year where a Davis or Lebron or Durant comes out, then yeah, the draft is weak. No hall of famers in this class in all likelihood. But not deep? Comahhhn.
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 01-06-2013 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    I guess at this point I'll give you guys your opinions. But I'm pretty confident in this class.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Honestly I've heard quite the opposite. The general consensus is that this draft class is really weak, giving incentive to jump early for those like Noel
    I'll be honest-- I don't think Noel will go that high because I don't think he's that good. I would take this list over him:

    Shabazz Muhammad
    Anthony Bennett
    Alex Len
    Cody Zeller
    Marcus Smart
    Michael Carter-Williams

    Noel is lost on offense. And he will get pushed around by NBA centers. Has no jumper to compensate. Yes, he'll give you some highlight reel plays and some nice blocks. I'm thinking Javale McGee with less mental issues, to be honest. I could easily be wrong though.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,927
    vCash
    1500
    It's deep. But it's not extremely talented with franchise changers. That's the key.

    You're not going to draft Cody Zeller number 1 and expect him to average 18/9 every night his first season. As of right now, he doesn't have that game changing ability. You'd probably have a better chance of finding that in someone like Shabazz.

    Remember though when it comes to young centers, potential > current talent. Just like in football with decent college QB's, these guys get valued a step higher than wing players because of their potential.

    This is how I see it.

    #iubb

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    It's deep. But it's not extremely talented with franchise changers. That's the key.

    You're not going to draft Cody Zeller number 1 and expect him to average 18/9 every night his first season. As of right now, he doesn't have that game changing ability. You'd probably have a better chance of finding that in someone like Shabazz.

    Remember though when it comes to young centers, potential > current talent. Just like in football with decent college QB's, these guys get valued a step higher than wing players because of their potential.

    This is how I see it.
    Good post. I'm pretty biased against Noel after he spurned Syracuse, and he has not impressed me when I've watched him.

    I guess if he adds weight and some semblance of a jumper, he'll make it in the league. I just don't see him as a franchise changer. But maybe enough teams do see him that way that he'll get drafted top 5.

    And of course I'm probably wrong anyway.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Good post. I'm pretty biased against Noel after he spurned Syracuse, and he has not impressed me when I've watched him.

    I guess if he adds weight and some semblance of a jumper, he'll make it in the league. I just don't see him as a franchise changer. But maybe enough teams do see him that way that he'll get drafted top 5.

    And of course I'm probably wrong anyway.
    Agreed. They see the opportunity to add muscle on him, and being that he's athletic and can run the floor, he's got an opportunity to be something special.

    #iubb

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,927
    vCash
    1500
    Julius Randle to announce college decision on March 20th. He's kept recruitment pretty hush hush - his final five were NC State, Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, and Florida - but from what I've read on some recruitment boards, it will come down to Kansas and Kentucky.

    #iubb

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,927
    vCash
    1500
    Julius Randle announces his decision on Wednesday, 1PM ESPNU. My guess is it's Kentucky, but that's with like 60% confidence.

    Aaron Gordon announces his decision April 3rd during the McDonald's All American game. He's down to Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Kentucky...but I think he goes with Oregon or Arizona.

    #iubb

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Julius Randle announces his decision on Wednesday, 1PM ESPNU. My guess is it's Kentucky, but that's with like 60% confidence.

    Aaron Gordon announces his decision April 3rd during the McDonald's All American game. He's down to Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Kentucky...but I think he goes with Oregon or Arizona.
    Would be a massive pickup. Gordon has been very quiet since he had his in-home with Altman, so I'm hoping he goes Oregon. I won't be surprised if he goes Arizona or Washington (Gordon's family is tight with Romar) though. Kentucky would surprise me a little bit because it sounds like he wants to stay on the west coast.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •