Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I'm pretty confident in Anya. Was worried that he would commit to IU on his official but we will get a crack at him now next week.
    No way he doesn't pick IU in my mind. I'd bet lots of money on that.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Also...I want Vonleh. Bad.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    I seriously have no idea where Anya will go. He has close ties to Pitt and Syracuse with high school teammates at both of those schools, he loved the Indiana visit, Ohio State and Georgetown churn out big men, NC State is looking like a prime destination.

Grudgingly I see him committing to Indiana if they can find PT for him. But come on, a 7'9'' wingspan BELONGS in the middle of a 2-3 zone.

I will say this though... hooking up with a girl at a frat really shouldn't be a determining factor. Every school has their perks for the basketball players...
    In regards to your frat response, I was just saying that cause it was something Stan told me and I found it pretty funny

I will say this though. Obviously social media has become such a huge part of today's sports world, primarily twitter. If you follow either Williams or Anya, you will see they both talked about how great of a time they had. Moreso Anya than Williams. We were able to get a couple of "We want Anya" chants going when he entered the stadium and he had a big smile on his face.

That's just my observations from the weekend on him. I wish I could've met him afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I'm pretty confident in Anya. Was worried that he would commit to IU on his official but we will get a crack at him now next week.
    From what I've read you guys have been recruiting Dominic Woodson (basically another Anya) hard and that he's close to committing...any comment on that?

#iubb

vCash
    Woodson cut OU so it's between State and Baylor. I'm 99% sure we will get one of Anya/Woodson but obviously not both. Woodson will decide first probably next week. I don't really have a preference although Woodson would look better next to Randle. Don't see an Anya/Randle tandem working.

vCash
    Thoughts on Devin Williams and Austin Nichols???

I would personally love Memphis to grab both but that seems like a long shot but I do see us grabbing one of them.

Our Class would be stacked if we get both though

Powell 4* Ranked 99th
    Crawford 4* Ranked 51st
    King 4* Ranked 38th
    Iverson 4* Ranked 25th
    Williams 4* Ranked 89th
    Nichols 5* Ranked 18th

Any class that has 6 recruits in the top 100 is ridiculous... Its not Kentucky ridiculous but it would be the second best class!

vCash
    It wouldn't be the 2nd best class but it would be top 5 maybe.

vCash
    Bruins are trying to add a PG lost out on Peters but still are on the list for Rysheed Jordan.

vCash
    I read today that because of Youngs commitment to Kensucky, that leaves the opportunity that Wiggins go elsewhere. Today Coach Williams assisted one of his games and probably spoke to him about being the star at UNC.

I feel like Roy Williams needs to step his game up because he's losing a recruting battle with UK when kids should be fighting to come to UNC. I mean, the greatest ever played here, and when you play in Carolina, you get like tons of Jordan gear...shoot, who wouldn't want that!!!!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Coach Crean went to watch Troy Williams tonight at Oak Hill. His uncle (Boo Williams, his AAU Coach) said IU is the clear cut leader and that a commitment could come anytime in the next month, or sooner.
    Last edited by jacquewho?; 10-25-2012 at 09:07 PM.

#iubb

vCash
    Man, and you said they're in the mix for Vonleh too?
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Yup. It will be interesting to see how the scholarship situation works out, cause right now we already have 4 commits in the class and are 1 over the limit. Currently, we're expecting Cody to go NBA and Maurice Creek to graduate (even though he has a year of eligibility left). That would leave us with 1 open spot, yet we are still highly pursuing Anya, Williams, AND Vonleh. All indications from what I've read have shown that we will continue to go after Vonleh if/when Williams commits.

Could we have a 7 freshman class? I wouldn't rule it out. Anya is taking his official to NC State this weekend with his mother, but nothing is scheduled after that and many believe IU is the leader for his services. Sounds like Williams is pretty much set on IU. With Vonleh we don't know much right now besides he has visits set up to IU and Syracuse right now.

But a lot of things would have to happen for a 7 man class to occur. Again, if Creek/Zeller leave, that opens one spot. Where would the other two come in? I'm not sure. But if Crean is still actively pursuing them, then there's gotta be something he knows about the future roster. There were rumors this summer Etherington would transfer or take a walk-on spot to free up a scholly (his family has plenty $$$). I've also read some pieces this morning about eligibility issues concerning Hanner Parea and Peter Jurkin for the future. We will see.

My mindset is that we wouldn't still be recruiting them this hard if we knew there wasn't going to be room for the players.

#iubb

vCash
    Williams-IU
    Vonleh-UNC
    Wiggins-FSU

vCash
    I'd guess we, (IU), get Anya and Williams, not Vonleh. Although all three would be SICK.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Troy Williams is expected to announce his decision tonight. Rumors from many recruiting gurus saying IU will be his choice!

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Troy Williams is expected to announce his decision tonight. Rumors from many recruiting gurus saying IU will be his choice!
    The magic of Hoosier Hysteria. Anya is next!

And...here...we...go...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast