Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    If I was Wedge id be ****ing furious too. Every time a hitter strings together some positive games and Wedge tries to reward it with a more important role they **** the bed. No one has solidified a single spot in the lineup. Ackley is currently sucking a fat one leading off, Saunders moves up and then drops to his knees and opens wide, Smoak is coming up for air this week but hes had a dick in his mouth the whole season, the bench is garbage, Jaso is a f- ed up situation being the only other catcher and unable to hit lefties.

Wedge shoots himself in the foot sometimes and has an irrational infatuation with Olivo, but is he wrong? There isnt a single offensive player on the roster to count on. I wish hed lose his temper more often... maybe displace it on a few umpires. Id sure like to know what approaches hes coaching though because everyday when i check the box in the 4th or 5th inning i cringe (1 maybe 2 walks for the team, low *** pitch count). Somebody should be pissed off thats for damn sure.
    Great read my T-Town homie, other than the fact it is largely stating how bad we suck, you hit hit the nail on the head with many points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    When is it time to put GMZ to the fire? Or maybe some already have?.....Dont get me wrong, I am a GMZ guy, love his passion, his interviews, his respect toward the fan base and his track record coming from milwaukee. At the time, getting Silva off the books for MB was an impressive move not many GMs woulda pulled off i think, landing cliff lee was brilliant, and i praised our return from texas at the time, still do even tho smoak is a bust beavan is solid, he hasnt buried us with bad contracts like bavasi did and for the most part the players are just not doing their job.

However, his foundation has been predicated on defense and pitching and small ball execution, our pitching isnt great right now but the last 3 years its been pretty good, our defense right now statistically is very good. I cant remember many games we have won by small ball and we have an offense that is nowhere to be found since he got here and its embarrasing. I also suspect there is some organizational flaws in player development with all the former ms having such great success.

I hate to say this but maybe Z is not the right guy for the job. Thoughts?
    It wasn't exactly a verbalized thought, but I rolled my eyes when I read all that. GMZ is the best thing that has happened to this club in decades. Just have some patience, watch the studs come up, wait for some of the other studs to mature... good things are on their way, and ALL because Z brought these kids in here.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Yeah im good with Z still. He's got a talent pipeline going. My only real issue is the Morrow trade. I hated it then and it turned out way worse than even I expected. Morrow might win the Cy Young. League is a meh closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yeah im good with Z still. He's got a talent pipeline going. My only real issue is the Morrow trade. I hated it then and it turned out way worse than even I expected. Morrow might win the Cy Young. League is a meh closer.
    That trade sure does look like **** now....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    thats the past so whatever. i just wished they would have manned up and put him in the rotation

vCash
    Lets not forget about Bavasi. Clement, Aumont, Michael Garciaparra, Tuiasosopo, that relief pitcher. Nice picks *******.

Ackley, Walker, Franklin, Seager, Hultzen, Paxton, Pryor, Capps, Moran, etc. Night and day.

vCash
    Yea that trade is looking horrible i never thought Morrow would be this consistent i thought he would end up a bullpen arm he is turning into a ace.

vCash
    i point the finger more at player devlopment, i was down with that trade at the time.

vCash
    I blame fans expecting too much too soon. Too many fans got used to the Gillick and Bavasi ways of trying to build a winning club through free agency and expecting to have a chance every season. Now they expect winning while we are rebuilding and they don't understand that this is a process that takes patience while players develop and mature. But its a sustainable process that will make a sustainable winning franchise... in due time.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I blame player development for Morrow as well he was jerked around so much first being called up way to soon then he is a starter then he is a closer then he is a reliever.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 05-23-2012 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    yeah being rushed a jerked around here killed him

vCash
    Wish i was getting jerked around right now.

vCash
    u should join the mariners!

vCash
    I hated that Morrow trade from the beginning. Why would you trade a SP with great potential for a good RP? It made no sense at the time and still doesn't today. I always knew Morrow was going to be special. He almost no hit the Yankees. The Figgins move is also looking like crap too. I didn't mind the signing at the time, but we totally screwed up on that one.

Other those two moves, I like all of GMZ's moves. The hitters just aren't producing the numbers that they were projected to.
    Last edited by ccg34; 05-23-2012 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    u should join the mariners!
    You think Wedge would save an Olivo handy for me?

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast