Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Check the sig.

Do it.
    We need a player's manager. There is no need to put your players under the bus. It lowers team chemistry and brings the morale of the team down. Get this clown out of here. We need a coach that will send off positive energy with charisma.

vCash
    I don't think I am ready to fire him but he needs a reality check.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I mean, I don't except him to be fired. At the moment I don't think it's appropriate, but I think it needs to be done before next season. I wouldn't be mad whatsoever if he got the ax.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I think he's trying to motivate the younger guys, expedite their growing up. Ichiro and Ryan are the only vets this statement really points toward on offense, and let's be honest, Ichiro has been pretty productive given his age, his last year, and his switch to batting third. No, he hasn't been lightening in a bottle when it comes to batting with RISP, but if Wedge is pointing fingers I hardly think Ichiro takes tooo much offense to this. Heck, Wedge probably told Ichiro beforehand that he was going to say this.

That being said I wouldn't be opposed to Ichiro leading off again. But let's not jump the gun on Wedge moving Ichiro... I'm pretty sure it was more than half GMZ wanting to have Figgins lead off so we could try and trade him. That was the failed experiment.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 05-15-2012 at 11:34 PM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I don't get his problem. Ichiro is batting like .300.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Eh, like I said, I think its more to motivate the younger guys to try and pick up the slack. Hard to know exactly what Wedge is dealing with in the clubhouse, who's thinking/doing what. Maybe he's finding it hard to corral the troops inside the clubhouse and needed to get out into the media to make his point heard a little louder.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    **** wedge. #Francona?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Guess its just a matter of opinion on the Ichiro comment i don't really think its offensive he is just stating the obvious time to move him back to lead off the experiment has failed.

I would be more offended if i was Brendan Ryan "He needs a break and i need a break from watching him" although at least he is being honest probably could of said it behind close doors though.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 05-16-2012 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    If I was Wedge id be ****ing furious too. Every time a hitter strings together some positive games and Wedge tries to reward it with a more important role they **** the bed. No one has solidified a single spot in the lineup. Ackley is currently sucking a fat one leading off, Saunders moves up and then drops to his knees and opens wide, Smoak is coming up for air this week but hes had a dick in his mouth the whole season, the bench is garbage, Jaso is a f- ed up situation being the only other catcher and unable to hit lefties.

Wedge shoots himself in the foot sometimes and has an irrational infatuation with Olivo, but is he wrong? There isnt a single offensive player on the roster to count on. I wish hed lose his temper more often... maybe displace it on a few umpires. Id sure like to know what approaches hes coaching though because everyday when i check the box in the 4th or 5th inning i cringe (1 maybe 2 walks for the team, low *** pitch count). Somebody should be pissed off thats for damn sure.

vCash
    Pretty much what Brodie said although batting Ryan #2 was questionable as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Pretty much what Brodie said although batting Ryan #2 was questionable as well.
    Big time questionable....

Last effen place again!

vCash
    Middle of the order has not produced anything in Seattle for YEARS/////

vCash
    this is true

maybe sexson that one year.

vCash
    Didn't Sexon have 2 seasons where he hit 42 HR's and 31? I could be wrong still didn't like the signing though.

It was like what the Angels did with Pujols throw money at a guy who's best days were behind him.

vCash
    When is it time to put GMZ to the fire? Or maybe some already have?.....Dont get me wrong, I am a GMZ guy, love his passion, his interviews, his respect toward the fan base and his track record coming from milwaukee. At the time, getting Silva off the books for MB was an impressive move not many GMs woulda pulled off i think, landing cliff lee was brilliant, and i praised our return from texas at the time, still do even tho smoak is a bust beavan is solid, he hasnt buried us with bad contracts like bavasi did and for the most part the players are just not doing their job.

However, his foundation has been predicated on defense and pitching and small ball execution, our pitching isnt great right now but the last 3 years its been pretty good, our defense right now statistically is very good. I cant remember many games we have won by small ball and we have an offense that is nowhere to be found since he got here and its embarrasing. I also suspect there is some organizational flaws in player development with all the former ms having such great success.

I hate to say this but maybe Z is not the right guy for the job. Thoughts?

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast