Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    #FireWedgeAndOurHittingCoach
    Word. I understand that they are pros being payed tons and they should figure stuff out, but when they aren't, coaches need to help, rather than just complaining about it.

Coaches coach.
    -Jej
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Word. I understand that they are pros being payed tons and they should figure stuff out, but when they aren't, coaches need to help, rather than just complaining about it.

Coaches coach.
    -Jej
    See i disagree when people say this otherwise what are teams paying a hitting coach for to sit in the dug out and eat sun flower seeds?

Look at Curtis Granderson the hitting coach played a huge role in him becoming an everyday player by helping him with his swing he was a match up player in Detroit.

Ill admit there are those rare occasions where you get a Griffey like player who doesn't need any help with his approach or swing though.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 07-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    That's what I'm saying. You let them try on their own, but when that doesn't work, you need to help them, not just talk ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    That's what I'm saying. You let them try on their own, but when that doesn't work, you need to help them, not just talk ****
    Oh ok i just hate when people on the Radio and TV call the hitting coach the fall guy i mean when your offense sucks the hitting coach should be to blame along with the Manager if he is putting terrible players on the field.

vCash
    A team with alot of proven vets probably doesnt have as much value for a hitting coach because they already have the confidence that they can produce, but even that can be argued, it is a long season and everyone goes through slumps so you need another set of eyes noticing what is going on, helping with video etc..

However, Ms have no experience, guys who havent really experienced slumps and they need a resource to help them pull out of it and adjust to big league pitching. We should have the best hitting instructor $ can buy, not somebody who has never been a hitting coach in the MLB and was a reach as a hire to begin with.

What sealed it for me was the 84 pitch cg by Aaron COok, we were trying to pull a sinkerballer and were chasing early in the count all game, for a team that was already struggling to say the least, they appeared to have no kinda plan at the plate, and it hasnt gotten any better.
    Last edited by Rain City; 07-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    A team with alot of proven vets probably doesnt have as much value for a hitting coach because they already have the confidence that they can produce, but even that can be argued, it is a long season and everyone goes through slumps so you need another set of eyes noticing what is going on, helping with video etc..

However, Ms have no experience, guys who havent really experienced slumps and they need a resource to help them pull out of it and adjust to big league pitching. We should have the best hitting instructor $ can buy, not somebody who has never been a hitting coach in the MLB and was a reach as a hire to begin with.

What sealed it for me was the 84 pitch cg by Aaron COok, we were trying to pull a sinkerballer and were chasing early in the count all game, for a team that was already struggling to say the least, they appeared to have no kinda plan at the plate, and it hasnt gotten any better.
    If you made it far enough to be a veteran then you already have been helped or made the adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    If you made it far enough to be a veteran then you already have been helped or made the adjustments.
    i hope you are not saying veterans dont need hitting instructors that would be a ridiculous insinuation... they are not as dependant as young players on them but you need an extra set of eyes looking at what you are doing, a baseball swing is extremely complex.

vCash
    i hope you are not saying veterans dont need hitting instructors that would be a ridiculous insinuation... they are not as dependant as young players on them but you need an extra set of eyes looking at what you are doing, a baseball swing is extremely complex.
    Nope but they should be less dependent on a hitting instructor because if they made it that far to being a veteran they should figure out what they are doing wrong.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 07-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Pauley will be up in two weeks, I think.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash

Geez you obviously never played the game. they definitely dont give veterans hints in the MLB.

like a golf swing, a baseball swing is extremely complex, a small detail can prevent you from hitting the ball the way you want. Every player needs another set of eyes that knows their swing and can help recognize what is going on when a player goes into an inevitable slump. 99.9% of PGA golfers have a swing coach right? They cant just repeat the same round every time, every MLB player needs a hitting instructor in their corner.

for a younger player its different, the MLB will figure out their weakness and exploit it until they figure it out, and a young player needs an instructor to lean on to help them figure it out and get thru the failure they are not used to.

Right now as i see it, they are jamming ackley, he is looking for the inside pitch and freezing him when they go outside, he needs help to work through this, with the exception of jr, and trout, the game comes incredibly easy, but all young players have to deal with with what ackley is going thru, he will either figure it out or he wont.

vCash

Geez you obviously never played the game. they definitely dont give veterans hints in the MLB.

like a golf swing, a baseball swing is extremely complex, a small detail can prevent you from hitting the ball the way you want. Every player needs another set of eyes that knows their swing and can help recognize what is going on when a player goes into an inevitable slump. 99.9% of PGA golfers have a swing coach right? They cant just repeat the same round every time, every MLB player needs a hitting instructor in their corner.

for a younger player its different, the MLB will figure out their weakness and exploit it until they figure it out, and a young player needs an instructor to lean on to help them figure it out and get thru the failure they are not used to.

Right now as i see it, they are jamming ackley, he is looking for the inside pitch and freezing him when they go outside, he needs help to work through this, with the exception of jr, and trout, the game comes incredibly easy, but all young players have to deal with with what ackley is going thru, he will either figure it out or he wont.
    I don't know why you think you're such a mastermind all of a sudden.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I don't know why you think you're such a mastermind all of a sudden.

well natey edited the post i was responding to

vCash
    ^Word.
    No one is saying they don't need help. But they don't need as much as a rookie.

vCash
    Wow that's so awesome man!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I did but that's because i don't want it sound like i am saying a hitting coach is useless to a veteran i am trying to say that a veteran is going to realize what he is doing wrong and over time eventually fix it himself.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 07-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast