Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    im not as optimistic with smoak as you are... pretty sure i dont value jaso as much either, hes way better offensively than smoak tho, an ok DH backup catcher.

our 1b production is awful, but looking at the FA market and the trade market there doesnt look like feesible options that make sense so we are prolly stuck with what we have currently. doesnt mean id at least try to find a team desperate enough for pitching that would give us an upgrade at 1b.

pretty much the same point i made in previous post but hopefully this wording helps you understand better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    Sorry this is off topic fellas.. Was wondering what sort of package it would take to land Mike Trout?
    LOL.

Nothing we'd be willing or should give up. You have to give WAY too much to get him.

He's a perennial MVP candidate already and might win in his rookie season.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Umm actually someone posted that had done the research and saw his hitting chart. And it was actually proven that if the fences were moved in this year he would have hit 31 bombs. And baseball is a mental game. If he was having that much more success at home he would gain confidence and likely hit better overall. Hitting is contagious. Ike is great but if we are going to trade with the Mets I want Wright. Ike is not enough of a upgrade to create a bigger log jam at 1B. Montero can play 1B when Zunino is ready, and if Smoak bombs again. These guys are all still young, have potential, and are cheap. We need to spend our money on RF, and LF. Saunders is fine in CF. We need some solid power hitting OF's and we dont have any on their way up in the minors. I would be fine getting Wright, and putting Ackley back in the OF and moving Seager to 2B, but all in all, I like our infield as is. Fix the OF, bring in a Thome or Hafner type as a back up DH/ pinch hitter, and address the rotation.
    thats just a terrible piece of data and im sorry your putting stock in it.

safeco is still predominately a hitters park even with the new dimensions, this states he woulda hit 1 more HR at home... not likely.

if it does make that much of a difference, think they pitch him the same.

smoak went june thru august playing everyday including his AAA stint and hit 5 hrs.... avg .170...

i watched everyday, and remember clearly guys just giving him FBs he'd pop in the IF...wedge kept saying how great he looked in BP while hitting .147 and .134 in back to back months.

i just dont make excuses for a guy that plays his way to AAA 3 years in a row.

i cant argue with wanting to spend the $ on RF and LF, and let the IF take care of itself, it seems more realistic organizationally. im pretty passionate about my smoak disappointment, we should be closing in on cutting bait with smoak if he cant come out the gates more productive this year.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    thats just a terrible piece of data and im sorry your putting stock in it.

safeco is still predominately a hitters park even with the new dimensions, this states he woulda hit 1 more HR at home... not likely.

if it does make that much of a difference, think they pitch him the same.

smoak went june thru august playing everyday including his AAA stint and hit 5 hrs.... avg .170...

i watched everyday, and remember clearly guys just giving him FBs he'd pop in the IF...wedge kept saying how great he looked in BP while hitting .147 and .134 in back to back months.

i just dont make excuses for a guy that plays his way to AAA 3 years in a row.

i cant argue with wanting to spend the $ on RF and LF, and let the IF take care of itself, it seems more realistic organizationally. im pretty passionate about my smoak disappointment, we should be closing in on cutting bait with smoak if he cant come out the gates more productive this year.
    What? How is it terrible data?

http://prospectinsider.com/view/the-...ons-at-safeco/

I guess JAC is wrong too?
    I'm In.

vCash
    rewinding time and assuming stats that make you feel better is overly optimistic/unrealistic.

especially with smoak, hes been so weak mentally and focused on what the fences are he may be even more pull and fly ball happy and be worse than ever.

this chart cant account for how differently RH batters will be pitched.

obviously im a smoak pessimist. time is going to tell.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-25-2012 at 08:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    you cant rewind time and assume stats that look better to you... RH hitters will be pitched to much differently.

time is going to tell.
    You don't know that. It's still going to be a pitcher's park. I will almost guarantee it.

The whole point of the comments is that Smoak HAS power and ability and those were sapped by Safeco. We're not calling for those hits to be reversed and called home runs. We're saying that with the fences moved it, he'd have probably 10+ more home runs based on what he hit this year.

Just goes to show how Safeco affected his power numbers and what kind of potential he has.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Hardy won the GG over Ryan. What a joke. It's become a hitting contest.

Ryan was the best defensive SS, and maybe player in the league.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    By far
    I'm In.

vCash
    wow that is a joke.

vCash
    Yeah. He's one of the best in baseball.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Trout didnt win either. I officially don't care about that anymore
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Trout didnt win either. I officially don't care about that anymore
    ****, Adam Jones beat out Guti in his ridiculous season. They became a joke in 09.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yup and that's when I quit carrying. I almost said something when I noticed trout and Ryan didn't win but I was like no shock.

vCash

vCash

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast