Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bleacher reports' mock draft predict Buxton and Appel go first and second and then we take Zunino... I could easily see it go down like that, and I would be happy as a clam!

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    The only reason i don't like the Zunino pick is that he doesn't sound like he is going to turn into a super star i would be ok with the pick though just going by what i read haven't watched him though.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Wait, where did you read someone saying he doesn't have star potential?? Or do you only mean "super star" potential...? I mean how many super stars do you consider there to be in the majors right now? Its not like one of them are even in every draft. You cross your fingers you actually get a star, and can only dream you get a super star. Pretty much everyone agrees Zunino has the necessary star talent, partially due to his defensive prowess, but due just as much to his bat.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 05-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Wait, where did you read someone saying he doesn't have star potential?? Or do you only mean "super star" potential...? I mean how many super stars do you consider there to be in the majors right now? Its not like one of them are even in every draft. You cross your fingers you actually get a star, and can only dream you get a super star. Pretty much everyone agrees Zunino has the necessary star talent, partially due to his defensive prowess, but due just as much to his bat.
    I changed my mind on the Zunino pick i would be more then ok with it now i thought he was more of a defensive guy then somebody who could hit for a lot of power but reading more up on him i have seen Brian Mccann comparisons.

vCash
    You guys see Wedge called out management and Ichiro?

**** might be starting to hit the fan. Won't miss you, Eric.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    You guys see Wedge called out management and Ichiro?

**** might be starting to hit the fan. Won't miss you, Eric.
    This wouldn't happen to be the info that Wedge said Ichiro isn't a 3 hole hitter? Because i would have to agree he is still only hitting singles so Wedge is right he isn't your prototypical 3 hole hitter.

Problem is who is your 3 hole hitter? We can't even find out our 2 hole hitter its a revolving door there.

vCash
    http://mariners.sportspressnw.com/20...ay-eric-wedge/
    “We don’t have any veteran guys doing anything right now. It’s as simple as that. So I can’t say it any plainer. We’ve got six to seven guys we’re starting today that are 25 or younger. The young guys are going to have to do it, because the veteran guys aren’t getting it done. There’s just no way of getting around it.

“You look at all the other major league teams, and they’ve got at least one guy, if not two or three, that they can count on as veteran guys who are experienced big league hitters. So our young guys are going to have to step up and do it. I have no problem saying that. And I believe they can. But it’s just harder without having that guy, or a couple guys ideally, at this level.”
    I'm In.

vCash
    Also, you kind of need guys on base in order to drive them in. He's got a career high LD% right now. I understand Ichiro isn't your "prototypical" 3 hitter, but Wedge made the move to hit him there. He can only blame himself.

He could try playing Casper Wells much more often, Olivo less and not being ****ing ******** with his lineup creation.

PLAY CASPER WELLS. He has the ability to be a solid contributor on offense.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I see Lou did the same thing sort of by asking for a bat next thing you know he is on his way to Tampa.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 05-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    I can absolutely blame him.

If he were to run out the best lineup every night and they still were this bad, I'd understand. But he hardly ever does that.
    I'm In.

vCash
    lol wedge. common man

vCash
    Wedge doesn't really have a legit bat though i mean you look at our lineup there all hitting in the .180's to low .200's only like 2-3 are really contributing.

I criticize him for some of his lineups but its kinda hard to construct a good one when most of your lineup is hitting below the Mendoza line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Wedge doesn't really have a legit bat though i mean you look at our lineup there all hitting in the .180's to low .200's only like 2-3 are really contributing.

I criticize him for some of his lineups but its kinda hard to construct a good one when most of your lineup is hitting below the Mendoza line.
    I agree. But he should have known that when he took the job.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Check the sig.

Do it.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Eric Wedge is an idiot. He puts Ichiro in the 3 hole and rips him for not getting the job done. Take the blame for your failed experiment and put him back to leadoff. Ichiro is a leadoff hitter plain and simple. He is one of the best leadoff hitters of all time. Don't blame Ichiro for putting him out of position. He is trying his best. That is like putting your rb as qb and blaming him for not producing at qb. He is a fool and needs to be replaced by a coach that is fired up about baseball and that gives off positive energy. He sends a negative energy to this team. He is like Jim Mora with the Seahawks. Public criticism is never the best option.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast