Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Wedge's man-crush LOLivo had his option declined.

I feel like crying I'm so happy!

vCash
    [QUOTE=drew_ellis_23;24063542]Yeah I had a hard time reading that. What a ****ing idiot. Sign Napoli to DH and C when Jaso isnt? Where the **** is Montero going to play. He has C upgrade as a top need. And trade for Ike Davis? He is just a little better than Smoak and did the Mets even make him available? Any ****ing idiot can just throw out names. Pay me half of what he makes and I could write a stupid ****ing blog. So glad to see Lolivo is gone![/QUOTE

serious? a little better?

these 2 are the same age with same amount of big league experience and davis is 115pts higher in OPS and 30pts in batting avg... davis is coming off 32 hrs in a pitchers park, smoak 19(career high)..., 40 more RBIs!.... this is a healthy, much needed upgrade at 1b all day...

i agree the napoli idea is not thought out(would be a terrible sign), but ive thrown out davis' name before, mets have some depth behind davis at 1b and we have a history of getting deals done with them... im all over getting ike davis.

ackley and pryor/capps, noesi for davis+IF spec... mets were 5th worse NL ERA another reason we make a good trade partner.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-25-2012 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    Why would they take Ackley if Davis is so good? And why would we trade Ackley for a prospect at 1B? We're losing value at second. Ackley will pan out. He had a bad sophomore slump.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Ackley will not me moved. You can quote me on that.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I hope not. I would quit if he is gone before getting another chance. Way to much upside.

vCash
    Ike really is Smoak 2.0. The small upgrade we might get is not worth Ackley. If Ackley is so bad, and Ike is so good, why would they do that trade? They don't need a 2b.

Getting a first baseman makes no sense to me. Cause if Smoak does figure it out, no space. Once Zunino is up there's already no space for one of Jaso and Smoak. Just doesnt make sense to me. Either Smoak or Montero is our 1b of the future.

We need an upgrade in RF. Deal with that this year. Then next year you can get another bat, or bring up a spec to take Guti's spot.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Rain City;24067517]
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Yeah I had a hard time reading that. What a ****ing idiot. Sign Napoli to DH and C when Jaso isnt? Where the **** is Montero going to play. He has C upgrade as a top need. And trade for Ike Davis? He is just a little better than Smoak and did the Mets even make him available? Any ****ing idiot can just throw out names. Pay me half of what he makes and I could write a stupid ****ing blog. So glad to see Lolivo is gone![/QUOTE

serious? a little better?

these 2 are the same age with same amount of big league experience and davis is 115pts higher in OPS and 30pts in batting avg... davis is coming off 32 hrs in a pitchers park, smoak 19(career high)..., 40 more RBIs!.... this is a healthy, much needed upgrade at 1b all day...

i agree the napoli idea is not thought out(would be a terrible sign), but ive thrown out davis' name before, mets have some depth behind davis at 1b and we have a history of getting deals done with them... im all over getting ike davis.

ackley and pryor/capps, noesi for davis+IF spec... mets were 5th worse NL ERA another reason we make a good trade partner.
    Why trade Ackley? Why is everyone done with him after his sophmore season? I like Ike but this year was a bust out season for him. With the fences coming in his line would have been close to what Ikes was. He would have totaled 31 homers and had quite a few more hits had the Mariners moved the fences in this year. So why trade our solid 2B and good specs for the same player? And the Mets moved their fences in this season, but I am sure you knew that. So that "pitchers" park was a little more Ike friendly.

vCash
    go look at the career stats, ike davis is waaaay better than smoak.... davis had 90 RBIs this season... no way does RF being moved in turn smoak from a 19 to 31 hrs... no way... smoak batted .230 on the road so its not just the ballpark, hes been awful.

i just made a few trade props on the mets board... smoak has no value to them, if he was nearly as good as davis they'd bite on smoak, vargas/capps/pryor, but as expected that is laughed at.

im just baffled at the thought smoak and ike davis are in the same tier of MLB 1b... Ike is holding his own, smoak gets demoted to AAA each year.... id love to do a side bet that ike davis is at least 50pts higher in OPS this season.

ackley has no value to mets either, they have more IF depth than i thought, they can move murphy from 2b to 1b and have other guys as good as Ackley to play 2b so it'd be a buy low for them to take which doesnt make sense to us.

anyways, to get ike, my guess is we need to deal wilhelmsen/paxton+pryor/capps .....even i, an ultimate smoak hater, dont think id do that....

vCash
    Sorry this is off topic fellas.. Was wondering what sort of package it would take to land Mike Trout?

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    Sorry this is off topic fellas.. Was wondering what sort of package it would take to land Mike Trout?
    You don't trade a Mike Trout. You can't put a price on him at this stage. 5 tool player just scratching his potential, and cheap and under team control. Priceless.

vCash
    yea id say bryce harper and drew storen... maybe

manny machado and baltimore's best pitching spec... maybe

lets just say hes unavailable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    go look at the career stats, ike davis is waaaay better than smoak.... davis had 90 RBIs this season... no way does RF being moved in turn smoak from a 19 to 31 hrs... no way... smoak batted .230 on the road so its not just the ballpark, hes been awful.

i just made a few trade props on the mets board... smoak has no value to them, if he was nearly as good as davis they'd bite on smoak, vargas/capps/pryor, but as expected that is laughed at.

im just baffled at the thought smoak and ike davis are in the same tier of MLB 1b... Ike is holding his own, smoak gets demoted to AAA each year.... id love to do a side bet that ike davis is at least 50pts higher in OPS this season

ackley has no value to mets either, they have more IF depth than i thought, they can move murphy from 2b to 1b and have other guys as good as Ackley to play 2b so it'd be a buy low for them to take which doesnt make sense to us.

anyways, to get ike, my guess is we need to deal wilhelmsen/paxton+pryor/capps .....even i, an ultimate smoak hater, dont think id do that....

RBI dont mean anything when comparing players.

Dont care what they think. I could have told you that tho.

That would be a horrible overpay.

Why do you think we need a 1B so bad? What happens if Smoak does figure it out? We have to sit him anyway.
    What do we do with Jaso once Zunino is up? There is no place for him with a LH Ike Davis at first.

We dont need to go after a 1B, at all. All it does it make a logjam. We need a RF. Thats where any offensive upgrade should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    [/B]
    RBI dont mean anything when comparing players.

Dont care what they think. I could have told you that tho.

That would be a horrible overpay.

Why do you think we need a 1B so bad? What happens if Smoak does figure it out? We have to sit him anyway.
    What do we do with Jaso once Zunino is up? There is no place for him with a LH Ike Davis at first.

We dont need to go after a 1B, at all. All it does it make a logjam. We need a RF. Thats where any offensive upgrade should be.
    im not as optimistic about smoak as you. we've had to demote him 3 yrs in a row, hes too old for that, im not buying that the fences moved in a bit is going to save him from being a bottom tier AL 1b...

but you are right, we dont need to aggresively go after a 1b, montero should start getting work there and if his bat improves he could be the 1b of the future... with zunino, jaso, a possible swisher signing and even carp we have enough not to deal promising arms or ackley, (seager or saunders is who mets forum want)... and at least we are at the point now smoak gets benched before having to watch his multiple month long slumps... ill give a slight chance smoak can sustain what he does in septembers, but not holding my breath.

i do think the organization owes it to themselves to at least make an attempt at snagging a 1b, was thinking a vargas/beavan+ Smoak/carp could make us better, its a moot point bc Mets aren't doing it no way, and i wouldnt go higher.

vCash
    But why give up valuable players for something we dont really need? Jaso loses playing time at that point.

And what is Beavan/Carp going to get you? Not much more than what Smoak brings or can bring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

im just baffled at the thought smoak and ike davis are in the same tier of MLB 1b... Ike is holding his own, smoak gets demoted to AAA each year.... id love to do a side bet that ike davis is at least 50pts higher in OPS this season.

Umm actually someone posted that had done the research and saw his hitting chart. And it was actually proven that if the fences were moved in this year he would have hit 31 bombs. And baseball is a mental game. If he was having that much more success at home he would gain confidence and likely hit better overall. Hitting is contagious. Ike is great but if we are going to trade with the Mets I want Wright. Ike is not enough of a upgrade to create a bigger log jam at 1B. Montero can play 1B when Zunino is ready, and if Smoak bombs again. These guys are all still young, have potential, and are cheap. We need to spend our money on RF, and LF. Saunders is fine in CF. We need some solid power hitting OF's and we dont have any on their way up in the minors. I would be fine getting Wright, and putting Ackley back in the OF and moving Seager to 2B, but all in all, I like our infield as is. Fix the OF, bring in a Thome or Hafner type as a back up DH/ pinch hitter, and address the rotation.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast