Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kurt Warner says Eli Manning is not a lock for HOF with this victory

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Kurt Warner has spoken: Eli Manning is not a lock for the Hall of Fame, despite many in the media suggesting the Giants' quarterback has punched his ticket following his second championship win in Super Bowl XLVI.

"I fully disagree with that," Warner, an NFL Network analyst and one-time Super Bowl champion, said Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620-AM in Phoenix. "You know, because I know we put a lot of weight on championships, and rightfully so. But championships are won as a team, and I’m fully convinced of that. You never see one guy -- a great player, great quarterback -- carry a team through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl and win a Super Bowl that way. I’ve never seen it. You know, even in that game (Super Bowl XLVI), it’s 21-17. That’s the game. There wasn’t a quarterback just up and down the field carrying the team. Yeah, he made the plays down the stretch -- no question about it. He’s had two great playoff runs -- or his team has had two great playoff runs. But I also look at the rest of his career.

"I mean, he has an 82 quarterback rating throughout his career," Warner continues. "You know, he’s had five of his eight seasons where he has thrown 16 interceptions or more. His completion percentage on his career is 58 percent. To me, those aren’t Hall of Fame numbers, and by that, I mean every time you step on the field you’re a game changer, you’re a difference maker. And I don’t believe Eli Manning has been that guy until this year. ...

"Now, if he plays the same way he played this year, the rest of his career, and you give him five more years, and then add the two championships, then I think we have reason to debate, and he's probably going to be in the Hall of Fame in that position."

Warner even went on to address the absurd notion from some experts that Eli has surpassed older brother Peyton as the greater Manning quarterback.

"I just can't fathom that in regards to what they've accomplished in their whole careers, the type of quarterbacks they've been their entire careers," Warner said. "I don't even think it's close between Peyton and Eli."

I absolutely agree with everything Kurt said. thoughts?
    Last edited by cmb0310; 02-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    He shouldn't be. Big Ben was never proclaimed a lock at all and he's had a better career than Eli.

vCash
    He's right.

"Now, if he plays the same way he played this year, the rest of his career, and you give him five more years, and then add the two championships, then I think we have reason to debate, and he's probably going to be in the Hall of Fame in that position."
    Especially this part. Manning still has time to put up HOF numbers, but the two SB's shouldn't guarantee a HOF entry.

vCash
    Basically Warner has said everything that all the non Giants fans have said here all year..... Great season but vastly inconsistent over his career. Need to see more seasons like this year

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    He shouldn't be. Big Ben was never proclaimed a lock at all and he's had a better career than Eli.
    This.

vCash
    I agree 100% with Kurt Warner.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    If he retires right now, he's not in.

A few more years like this one and another SB perhaps he's a lock.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Thing I like most about is that Kurt backs up his argument with facts and stats what he thinks Eli has to do in order to make it.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Kurt warner is 100% correct
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I agree 100% with Kurt Warner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Kurt warner is 100% correct
    What the hell is going on lol???

I guess the difference between you and me is that I am pretty much 100% sure that Eli will continue to play like this for the rest of his career...with nothing but improvements if anything.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Having said all that, if Eli wins another ring he is pretty much a lock regardless of what he does. There are no Qbs in the history of the game with 3 rings or more that haven't made it to the hall (Well, Brady is a lock to get in). Bradshaw and Aikman made the hall practically based on their championships alone. Eli would get in with a 3rd ring guaranteed. He would become a lock no matter what.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 02-08-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    DUDA

vCash
    He is right. He's not being a homer or being bias. He is presenting info to back up his statement.

Eli isn't a HOF yet. But who (outside of Brady + Manning) were locks when they were 31 years old?

He still has at least 4 years left.

vCash
    I agree with Warner. Based on up to this point, Manning is not a hall of famer. He has had one great year (this year) and 3 good/above average years. In an 8 year career, that is not enough. The 2 titles are nice and I think he will put up a few good years and eventually get in, but not yet.
    Suck it

vCash
    I pretty much agree with all this and feel if he has 2 or 3 good seasons getting into playoffs he will be a lock.

vCash
    Warner is just a hater.

I know people keep saying he'll improve, but really how much? 31 isn't young, especially for a qb who's never missed a game. I could see more seasons similar to this year, but nothing much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast