Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Terrell Davis

vCash

Terrell Davis

I think he should be in. Anyone else?
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    I agree

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    If Sayers is in, why not?
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If Sayers is in, why not?
    Kinda how I feel about it.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    It really depends on how much potential warrants it. I think he would have threatened many records if he had stayed healthy but unfortunately that's only speculation.

So I think he is a yes but I don't begrudge those who disagree.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    He absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

He only had 4 years where he was healthy. In those 4 years....

3 Pro Bowls
    3 All-Pros
    2 Offensive Player of the Year awards
    1 NFL MVP
    2 Super Bowls
    1 Super Bowl MVP
    2,000-Yard season

The 4 years he was healthy he averaged

1,603 yards rushing
    295 yards receiving
    1,898 yards from scrimmage
    15 touchdowns

You want more of an argument check out his playoff stats

8 games
    1,140 yards rushing
    143 yards per game
    12 touchdowns
    7 100-yard rushing games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    He absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

He only had 4 years where he was healthy. In those 4 years....

3 Pro Bowls
    3 All-Pros
    2 Offensive Player of the Year awards
    1 NFL MVP
    2 Super Bowls
    1 Super Bowl MVP
    2,000-Yard season

The 4 years he was healthy he averaged

1,603 yards rushing
    295 yards receiving
    1,898 yards from scrimmage
    15 touchdowns

You want more of an argument check out his playoff stats

8 games
    1,140 yards rushing
    143 yards per game
    12 touchdowns
    7 100-yard rushing games
    You sure he did all this by himself. I mean I REMEMBER he also played with

John Elway - 9-time Pro Bowler, HOF
    Shannon Sharpe - 8-time Pro Bowler & 4-time First-Team All-Pro, HOF
    Rod Smith - 3-time Pro Bowler
    Jason Elam - 3-time Pro Bowler
    Mark Schlereth - 2-time Pro Bowler
    Gary Zimmerman - 7-time Pro Bowler & 3-time First-Team All-Pro
    Tom Nalen - 5-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    Neil Smith - 6-time Pro Bowler & 1-time First-Team All-Pro
    Michael Dean Perry - 6-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    Bill Romanowski - 2-time Pro Bowler
    Steve Atwater - 8-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    John Mobely - 1 time Pro Bowler

NOTE: This is only in response to this stealcitystroller and not to be taken seriously. So any other posters just ignore this post because it isn't meant to be taken seriously but I want it to sink in for stealcity.
    Last edited by bootsy; 07-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    You sure he did all this by himself. I mean I REMEMBER he also played with

John Elway - 9-time Pro Bowler, HOF
    Shannon Sharpe - 8-time Pro Bowler & 4-time First-Team All-Pro, HOF
    Rod Smith - 3-time Pro Bowler
    Jason Elam - 3-time Pro Bowler
    Mark Schlereth - 2-time Pro Bowler
    Gary Zimmerman - 7-time Pro Bowler & 3-time First-Team All-Pro
    Tom Nalen - 5-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    Neil Smith - 6-time Pro Bowler & 1-time First-Team All-Pro
    Michael Dean Perry - 6-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    Bill Romanowski - 2-time Pro Bowler
    Steve Atwater - 8-time Pro Bowler & 2-time First-Team All-Pro
    John Mobely - 1 time Pro Bowler

NOTE: This is only in response to this stealcitystroller and not to be taken seriously. So any other posters just ignore this post because it isn't meant to be taken seriously but I want it to sink in for stealcity.
    I just want to apologize to you bootsy. I can see that what I said really got under your skin. I'm sorry man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I just want to apologize to you bootsy. I can see that what I said really got under your skin. I'm sorry man.
    No you didn't get under my skin at least not anymore than I got under your skin. Anyway I just wanted to mimic your stupidity. Which I accomplished. Anytime you want to got through the accomplishments of the roster a HOF or potential HOF played with to "prove a point" I'm more than happy to do that because that is the basis for your arguments. Thanks for being that way I couldn't have done it without that "fantastic" trait you have.
    Last edited by bootsy; 07-19-2013 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    More arguments for Terrell Davis

(1) Terrell Davis has the highest rushing yards per game average in NFL postseason history with 142.5 yards per game. The next highest is Emmitt Smith with 93 yards per game. He has 50 yards per game more than the next closest person in NFL history.

(2) Terrell Davis is top 6 in the league in postseason rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. The other 5 guys on both lists all played at least twice as many games and all are in the Hall of Fame.

(3) Terrell Davis has the highest yards per carry average in postseason history with 5.59 which is half a yard higher than the next closest person who is Marcus Allen. He is the only one in the top 6 on that list not in the Hall of Fame as well.

(4) When Terrell Davis had his 2,000-yard season he sat out 8 full quarters that year. That is the equivalent of 2 full games that he spent sitting on the bench. Imagine if he had stayed on the field?

(5) He had 157 yards in the Super Bowl against the Packers in a game where he sat out the entire 2nd quarter.

(6) In the 1997 AFC Championship game the Broncos played the Pittsburgh Steelers. The #1 run defense in the league that hadn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. Terrell Davis had 139 yards.

(7) Of the players that have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season Terrell Davis is the only one to have actually won a playoff game in that same season. The Broncos won the Super Bowl that year.

(8) Terrell Davis is tied with Emmitt Smith with the most 100-yard playoff games at 7. Emmitt Smith played 9 more games....

(9) Terrell Davis was one of the most consistent backs in NFL history. If you take the total games played regular and postseason and break them down into games where backs got at least 50, 75 and 100 yards....

Terrell Davis reached 50 yards in 87% of his games. #1 all-time. Jim Brown, AP and Barry Sanders are 2, 3 and 4.

Terrell Davis reached 75 yards in 66% of his games. A 3-way tie for #1 with Jim Brown and Adrian Peterson.

Terrell Davis reached 100 yards in 48% of his games. That puts him tied at #2 with Barry Sanders.

And those percentages are counting the 17 games he had after his injury where he practically done nothing.

(10) Only 15 backs have had more 100-yard rushing games than Terrell Davis and 14 of them are already in the Hall of Fame. Jerome Bettis is the only one and he will get in....

(11) Terrell Davis is one of only 3 backs to ever rush for 1,750-yards in back-to-back seasons.

(12) Terrell Davis is one of 3 fastest backs to reach 1,000 yards only needing 7 games to do it in 1998. The other two are OJ Simpson and Jim Brown.

(13) The Broncos won the Super Bowl in 1997 and 1998. They played 7 games.

John Elway's stats for those 7 games....

202 yards passing per game
    101-182 (55%)
    6 touchdowns
    3 interceptions

Terrell Davis in those 7 games

149 yards per game
    11 touchdowns
    5.5 yards per carry

Terrell Davis carried them in the playoffs.

(14) Terrell Davis is among the best of all-time at holding onto the football. He had 1 fumble for every 225 carries. That is only 10 carries less than Curtis Martin who is considered to be one of the best ever at holding onto the football. Terrell Davis had 5 fumbles his first two years in the league but in 1997 and 1998 when he had 769 total carries.... He only had 1 fumble.

(15) Something that doesn't get taken into consideration. In 1998 when Terrell Davis had his 2,000-yard season.... The Denver Broncos were the defending Super Bowl champs and he had 1,750 yards the prior year. Teams were geared up to stop him going into the season. Nobody else that had 2,000 yards had that target on their back going into the season.

My final argument for Terrell Davis

Its the Hall of Fame. Its supposed to be a measure of greatness. Not a measure of longevity.

Terrell Davis only had 4 full years in the league. But in that short time he had arguably the best 3-year span of any back in NFL history. How is that not a measure of greatness?

Especially when you look in the Hall of Fame.

Earl Campbell - He only had 5 1,000-yard seasons. No postseason success. In the biggest game of his career the 1978 AFC Championship game he fumbled the ball 3 times.

Marcus Allen - He played 16 seasons in the NFL and only had 3 1,000-yard seasons. He only had 8 seasons of more than 800 yards rushing. He was more of a threat out of the backfield but even when you include his receiving he still only averaged 1,100 total yards and 9 touchdowns per season throughout his career. And perhaps the worst thing is that Marcus Allen was TERRIBLE at holding onto the football. He put the ball on the ground every 1 time in every 55 touches.

Would you rather put in a guy that was arguably the best in the league for a 4-year span. Or a guy that put up average numbers for 10+ years.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 07-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Without a ****ing doubt.

vCash
    Yeah, I have a hard time thinking of another back ridden that hard to multiple championships. Emmitt even had his off days. TD just didn’t when it came to the post-season. There was 1 playoff game where he didn’t have a touchdown (152 total yards though). There were two games (regular or post-season) in the bronco’s 2 year run there where he didn’t have either 100 yards or a score. 2 games you could consider bad in 2 years.

Bronco’s had to win 7 games to get their 2 SB’s in the playoffs. In those 7 games he put up a pace that would have been the equivalent of a 2400 yard, 25 TD season on the ground. He had 11 TD’s, 7 straight 100 yard rushing games, over 1000 yards.

I know his career was a flash in the pan, but I think he accomplished more in that short time than some HOF candidates do in their 14 year careers.