Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    hey guys just wondering what u think the ETA for Profar and Perez are
    Profar has a chance, albeit a small one, of being called up in September for a few games here and there. Most likely he'll get a call up in the middle of next year or something like that though. It's hard to predict for him since the Rangers currently have no place for him to play every day for the next couple of years. Perez probably won't be in Arlington until 2013 at the earliest. Even then, I'd say he's a call up for a spot start and won't have a great shot at cracking the rotation until 2014. Just my two cents.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Profar is ready defensively and he has a mature enough approach at the plate to where he can get on base in the majors. The only thing slowing him down is he doesn't have a place to play right now. I'd say he becomes a regular in 2014 although he could make his debut much sooner if there are injuries. Martin Perez will be a bullpen addition this year for the playoffs unless he's hurt or really regresses. I think he makes it into the rotation next year as the 5th guy (I like Perez a lot).

vCash
    Perez has been terrible this season, no chance he's called up.

vCash
    i got a feeling Perez will be traded in a package that brings us a potential front of the rotation guy in the offseason. Not sure who will be available, but I think I could see that happening.

vCash
    I'd deal Perez for a Greinke/Garza

vCash
    Forget the offseason I think we trade Perez and others for a front of the rotation starter by the deadline and put Holland and Feliz in the bullpen.

This season:

Greinke
    Darvish
    Oswalt
    Lewis
    Harrison

Next season:

Greinke
    Darvish
    Holland
    Harrison
    Ogando

Feliz-Closer
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Forget the offseason I think we trade Perez and others for a front of the rotation starter by the deadline and put Holland and Feliz in the bullpen.

This season:

Greinke
    Darvish
    Oswalt
    Lewis
    Harrison

Next season:

Greinke
    Darvish
    Holland
    Harrison
    Ogando

Feliz-Closer
    Nathan is signed for next year so not sure why we would want Feliz in that spot again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove Rat View Post
    Nathan is signed for next year so not sure why we would want Feliz in that spot again.
    If he decides to retire. If not, Feliz can be the set up man. Adams is a free agent to be right? Can't resign all of these guys. Adams might be the odd man out. Resigning Josh and Nap are priorities numbers 1 and 2. And if we trade for Greinke, keeping him would be a must as well.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    our rotation health really concerns me, Feliz wont be back til prob late July, Ogando is more than likely going on the DL, Holland should be back before the others but he has been struggling this season with his up and down ways just like in past seasons, and who knows if Oswalt will actually be solid for us be solid for us. I think the biggest hit is Ogando because he has the ability to have some spot starts for us and is usually very reliable in the back end of games. Now we pretty much have to depend on Feldman and well I think we all feel the same about that. I think they need to make a move for a starter earlier rather than later like they did to get Lee in 2010. I would love to see the Phillies become sellers and trade Hamels, but I think they still hold on to him in hopes to resign him. Greinke would be a solid option, but I would not want to give up a ton for him just to walk at the end of the season. I am not a huge fan of Garza, but we could kick the tires in a trade for him but i def dont want to give up too much to get him. Other than that I dont see a lot being available at the deadline, there are a lot of solid teams this year and teams that will be sellers I just dont see a lot of value in their starters.

vCash
    I would rather deal for Garza than Greinke. Greinke has been up and down his whole career. Garza is also signed for another year, but would cost the same or less as Greinke in prospects, not to mention cheaper to sign an extension.

Add in he has had success in the AL East, and I'm sold.

vCash
    Mike Olt needs to be promoted to AAA, he is destroying AA.....of course they might be waiting and letting him keep mashing AA to use him in a trade, but if he is still with us after the trade deadline he needs to go to AAA

vCash
    Grienke is the guy we need now. Hamels would be nice but no way he resigns here. He wants to be in boston or LA.
    Grienke
    Yu
    Lewis
    Harrison
    Oswalt/holland
    Feliz to the bullpen for the rest of this year
    Lets win this year and figure out next year in the offseason.
    Get a front end starter for this year is priority!
    And pray that Cruz, Napoli and Young start hitting or it might not even matter!

vCash
    Just a note about our lower minors, our Arizona league team might be the most talented tool infested rookie ball team of all time. There's so much raw talent on that team it's ridiculous. And right now Joey Gallo our 39th pick in the draft is headlining it, dude has 8 bombs in 17 games. It's only rookie league ball, but he's in the same league as guys his age and older and guys from his draft, and he's destroying it so far. Could be another monster prospect. The kids raw power has been compared to Bryce Harper's (they went to the same school and Gallo holds the schools home run record).

But there are like 5 or 6 kids in that lineup with the ceiling of all star major leaguer. They won't all reach it, but to have that many all at once is pretty rare and gives more chance of getting a player that comes through and reaches that potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundalis View Post
    Just a note about our lower minors, our Arizona league team might be the most talented tool infested rookie ball team of all time. There's so much raw talent on that team it's ridiculous. And right now Joey Gallo our 39th pick in the draft is headlining it, dude has 8 bombs in 17 games. It's only rookie league ball, but he's in the same league as guys his age and older and guys from his draft, and he's destroying it so far. Could be another monster prospect. The kids raw power has been compared to Bryce Harper's (they went to the same school and Gallo holds the schools home run record).

But there are like 5 or 6 kids in that lineup with the ceiling of all star major leaguer. They won't all reach it, but to have that many all at once is pretty rare and gives more chance of getting a player that comes through and reaches that potential.
    As good as Gallo is doing now a lot of scouts are saying he still has some holes in his swing. He power does look pretty impressive so far and he is one to watch. It should be interesting to see how he does against some tougher competition.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    As good as Gallo is doing now a lot of scouts are saying he still has some holes in his swing. He power does look pretty impressive so far and he is one to watch. It should be interesting to see how he does against some tougher competition.

most draft picks have holes in their swing that gets noticed when they first start pro ball. The key thing to watch is if he is the kind of player that will make the adjustments as he moves up through the system. Obviously the power is there and seems like if he can cut down his strikeout rate and increase his walk rate/OBP he could be a stud in the majors. Just give him some time, I am sure the batting coaches will develop him properly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast