Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I can't see Ian as a CF'er, I think he's probably best suited for LF. RF is a possibility after seeing his lazer to the plate yesterday to stop the inside the park HR.
    well he definitely has the speed for CF, he will need to work on the fielding aspect but he has a very solid glove at 2B so I dont think it would be too hard for him to make the transition....my thoughts are that if we do end up resigning Hamilton, he has got to move to LF, would be way too much invested in him to keep waring down his body in CF....that leaves CF to the guys that were given a shot in Spring training (Borbon, Leonys, and Gentry) and none of them seemed to want the full time job. Obviously Borbon is not part of the long term plans anymore, Leonys has recently gotten surgery on his thumb and is out for at least 5-6 more weeks plus he hasnt really shown anything at the ML level, and Gentry to me is the new Murphy meaning just another 4th OFer type. While I think Leonys could develop more given more of an opportunity, I personally would love to see Kinsler, Profar, and Andrus all on the same team for at least 2-3 years and I think the only way to do that is to move Kinsler to CF. While Kinsler is an excellent second baseman, I think he has the tools to make the shift in order to bring up Profar so that the team can improve. And while I do think we would get a nice haul for Andrus, I dont see it being a big enough haul to pry away Andrus, who is one of the best SS if not the best SS in the game who is also still young and yet to hit his prime, away from us. You really dont see big time trades involving marquee SS's too often and if you do the value just never seems to equal what you get in return. While I do think Profar will be far better than Andrus offensively and equal if not better defensively, I just cant justify trading Andrus to make room for an unproven spec.

vCash
    You don't move a GG caliber player to accommodate a prospect. It would be a slap in the face to Ian. Profar is just 19 and won't be ML ready for another few seasons most likely so the landscape of the team could change some by then. If anything, Andrus or Kinsler get traded before Profar plays for the big league club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    You don't move a GG caliber player to accommodate a prospect. It would be a slap in the face to Ian. Profar is just 19 and won't be ML ready for another few seasons most likely so the landscape of the team could change some by then. If anything, Andrus or Kinsler get traded before Profar plays for the big league club.
    1st bold- they had Young move to accommodate Andrus right after Young won a GG so it can happen.

2nd bold- Kinsler is definitely not getting traded, Andrus MIGHT, but it probably wouldnt be til the last year of the extension he just signed and honestly I see Profar getting a call up before that. I could see him being a June call up next year if he keeps improving, you cant keep guys in the minors with that much talent to just waste away.

I could very much see Kinsler in CF, it would make the most sense if the Rangers want all 3 of them on the same team. Even though Kinsler does have a great glove, Profar and Andrus are even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    1st bold- they had Young move to accommodate Andrus right after Young won a GG so it can happen.

2nd bold- Kinsler is definitely not getting traded, Andrus MIGHT, but it probably wouldnt be til the last year of the extension he just signed and honestly I see Profar getting a call up before that. I could see him being a June call up next year if he keeps improving, you cant keep guys in the minors with that much talent to just waste away.

I could very much see Kinsler in CF, it would make the most sense if the Rangers want all 3 of them on the same team. Even though Kinsler does have a great glove, Profar and Andrus are even better.
    Kinsler will NEVER play CF, possibly LF.

vCash
    A lot may have to do with Ian's age by the time Profar made it up to the bigs too. I still think you have to give Martin a chance to play the position, as he's done pretty nicely at every level so far.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Kinsler would probably play RF if anything.

Potential starting lineup?

1. Profar- 2B
    2. Andrus- SS
    3. Hamilton- LF
    4. Beltre- 3B
    5. Kinsler- RF
    6. Young- DH
    7. Napoli- C
    8. Moreland- 1B
    9. Martin- CF

It could work. Cruz would be the odd man out.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 06-03-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Accidentally put Kinsler at 2B as well as Profar. Bad habbit.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Can someone please tell me what all the hype with Martin Perez is? Yes I have heard his stuff is great and yes I know he is only 21, but the stats I am seeing from him after his single A starts just look awful, how is he an MLB top prospect? And its not just his ERA cause you really shouldnt base much on the ERA, to me its his WHIP, BB/9, and K/9....this year his WHIP is 1.50 which is actually down from 1.87 last year....BB/9 is 4.6 which is worse from last year at 3.7....K/9 is 5.9 which is worse from last year at 6.8.....so someone please explain to me how his stats translate into big league talent? granted I have never seen the guy pitch, but if you walk rate increases and strikeouts decrease each year how does that make you a top spec much less a future top of the rotation guy?

vCash
    I was excited about Perez but now I question if the guy is even starter material for the majors. Left handed reliever out of the pen is more likely with those stats.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Can someone please tell me what all the hype with Martin Perez is? Yes I have heard his stuff is great and yes I know he is only 21, but the stats I am seeing from him after his single A starts just look awful, how is he an MLB top prospect? And its not just his ERA cause you really shouldnt base much on the ERA, to me its his WHIP, BB/9, and K/9....this year his WHIP is 1.50 which is actually down from 1.87 last year....BB/9 is 4.6 which is worse from last year at 3.7....K/9 is 5.9 which is worse from last year at 6.8.....so someone please explain to me how his stats translate into big league talent? granted I have never seen the guy pitch, but if you walk rate increases and strikeouts decrease each year how does that make you a top spec much less a future top of the rotation guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I was excited about Perez but now I question if the guy is even starter material for the majors. Left handed reliever out of the pen is more likely with those stats.
    I know it's not easy to keep the faith when we've been hearing about this guy for a few years now and how he's a TORP, stats can be misleading though. He could be working on certain pitches on different outings and hitters are keying into those pitches or he could be having just one of those nights. One guy I look at with rather unimpressive minor league numbers is Roy Halladay, and we all know how he turned out. I'm not promising he'll be great, he could turn out to be a huge bust, I'm just trying to provide a little perspective.

Halladay's Minor League Stats: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=hallad001har

Perez's Minor League Stats: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=perez-011mar
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I know it's not easy to keep the faith when we've been hearing about this guy for a few years now and how he's a TORP, stats can be misleading though. He could be working on certain pitches on different outings and hitters are keying into those pitches or he could be having just one of those nights. One guy I look at with rather unimpressive minor league numbers is Roy Halladay, and we all know how he turned out. I'm not promising he'll be great, he could turn out to be a huge bust, I'm just trying to provide a little perspective.

Halladay's Minor League Stats: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=hallad001har

Perez's Minor League Stats: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=perez-011mar

The thing I have against this comparison is that aside from the BB/9 for Halladay, you can clearly see that he at least is improving from one level to the next. His A stats are good, struggled some at AA, made adjustments and at AAA started improving....with Perez he just seems like he is all over the place and having trouble with command. Halladay was also 21 at the time when it seems like he figured it out at AAA and there is just no signs of Perez figuring it out. I know he is still young and maybe there could even be an argument to bring him up and let him grow at the big league level because is stuff is so good which I honestly dont mind doing for young guys. But what scares me is his increasing walk rate and decreasing strikeout rate. Those are two big things that a pitcher can control himself and they are on the decline....I would honestly be more inclined to trade him while his value is still high in a package that would net us a top starter. Maybe thats a knee-jerk reaction to looking at the stats he has provided over the last couple seasons, but I just dont see this guy being who we thought he would be (I will prob come to eat these words in like 2-3 years lol).

vCash
    He has four plus pitches and he's a lefty. His problem has been command so far but that's why he's a prospect and not an ace. If he figures it out, he's a Matt Moore kind of guy for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    He has four plus pitches and he's a lefty. His problem has been command so far but that's why he's a prospect and not an ace. If he figures it out, he's a Matt Moore kind of guy for us.
    I understand he has great stuff and a lefty, but if he cant control the ball and cant figure it out then its all for not....why not trade him while his value is still relatively high, why is he someone that should not be involved in a trade?

vCash
    Because at 20, you don't want him to figure it out for another team. This is a potential Johan Santana you could be trading away.

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Kinsler would probably play RF if anything.

Potential starting lineup?

1. Profar- 2B
    2. Andrus- SS
    3. Hamilton- LF
    4. Beltre- 3B
    5. Kinsler- RF
    6. Young- DH
    7. Napoli- C
    8. Moreland- 1B
    9. Martin- CF

It could work. Cruz would be the odd man out.
    **** it, teach Cruz first base. Or Kinsler. Or even Josh if they wanna save his body.

vCash
    hey guys just wondering what u think the ETA for Profar and Perez are

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast